Fallout 4

Was the Mirelurk Queen in the castle, for the Minutemen? I did all the Minutemen quests till then but haven't been able to do that one with the Mirelurk Queen, so am doing the BoS ones now.
Yes, it is....

I eventually killed it by hiding inside the walls, avoiding it's melee and poison attacks. I picked up the missile launcher inside (realised I was carrying 60 missiles). She sent tons of hatchlings at me...so I killed them all in VATS, just with a 10mm, raising my crit metre. When I filled it up, stood in the open doorway, aimed for the queens head, used crit. I ended up using 5 missiles...a fair bit of healing (I couldn't always avoid the poison), and quite a few bullets from my combat rifle. A bit cheesy perhaps, but I couldn't fight it in the open. I don't know if minutemen deaths are scripted...but only one survived (and Preston). Maybe if I killed it faster, more survive...I don't know.

As for Mierlurk King, I haven't faced one...I saw one up in Salem, but ran away...I'd had enough trouble with the many mierlurks I'd already killed up there.

 
Finally killed the Mirelurk Queen after many attempts. Mines, grenades and missiles required. About 20 hours in at level 20.

 
Really enjoying it now, powering through. Still haven't gone beyond Diamond City (haven't gone to Nick Valentine yet) in the main mission.

The bugs are so annoying though. They aren't excusable - there are plenty of open world games of similar or bigger size with just as much content that don't have nearly as many bugs.

 
/monthly_12_2015/post-11840-0-17661300-1450386178_thumb.jpg

 

Attachments

  • fallout4.jpg
    fallout4.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
Barely saw any on PS4, no more than I saw playing Witcher, Watchdogs, Far Cry etc.

 
 Is this on the PC or console? There were a few on PC, but i didn't see much of that.
Barely saw any on PS4, no more than I saw playing Witcher, Watchdogs, Far Cry etc.
On console, fair enough, though I've experienced none in other games on the same console and most gaming websites cite bugs as the reason the game isn't a 10.

Really liking it still, more than I was.

 
I didn't experience that many bugs, all I experienced was a settler who had somehow got on a roof, Dogmeat disappearing in the middle of an important quest (this was admittedly a big problem and had to use the console to get him back) and once a deathclaw just stood there whilst I killed him.

Disappointed at how little freedom there was in the game. You choose a main faction for the final bits of the story and that's about it, you still have to go through all the same bits and you've no options to be evil (at most you can make snarky remarks before you help everyone). I also got an ending that bared no resemblance to my actions and didn't really make sense.

Enjoyed it whilst it lasted but it doesn't have the replayability of New Vegas where you can make every play-through massively different.

 
Saw a massive battle between super mutants and bos last night, then a load of deathclaw just wandered in and had great fun. I was up on an overpass and had a lovely 20 minutes picking them off with my sniper rifle.

 
I enjoyed the game mostly, but I have to say the Institute ending made me wish i hadn;t bothered playing in the first place, it was such an anti climax to the storyline I assumed I was supposed to be following.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Think there was a lot of focus on being able to continue playing after the main quest line was finished that it meant ultimately you're loyalties meant little/had little impact.

 
Welp,

just bought a Uncharted version of the PS4, so I've got all 3 of those games ( i only player Uncharted 2 on the PS3), then I got Arkham Knight, and PS4.  I should be good for the winter.  Now I've got to decide what order to play them all in 

 
Back
Top