FIFA 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking to really frustrate your online opponent and are relatively good at defending, give the following formation a go.

------------------Cech------------------------

----------Alex----JT-----Luiz------------

---Ivan----------------------------Cole

-------------------Essien----------------

--------------Lampard------------------

------------------Mata-----------------

-----------Drogba--Torres-----------

Put it on defensive setting and watch them get frustrated when all their attacks break down, then hit them on the counter. It's not going to work all the time, but I've enjoyed beating my friends with it.

 
Few weird things in my manager mode-

-Loaned players are able to play against me.

-Aston Villa just offered me 112m for Lucas... and then Newcastle outbid them with 124m. In the end neither of them signed him.

-And just now, I was playing when the opp player got injured, so I took my hands off, but somehow, off-screen, my player shot the ball on his own and scored. Goal given!

 
Does anyone use custom tactics? I'm looking for some good tactics that would be good for the following team:

---------------Cech---------------

Ivan----Cahill-----Luiz-----Bertrand

-------------Rodwell/Meireles-------

----------Ramires--------------------

-----------------------Mata-----------

Hazard-------Cavani-----Sturridge/Hoillet

Not really sure how to effectively use the custom tactics, but I'm trying to play like AVB supposedly wants us to play, with a lot of pressing and high lines. Thanks.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can only think of increasing the pressing slider for defense, the rest is mostly how it suits your style (if you cross a lot or if you shoot from a distance, etc).

My team is like this atm:

-GK

Cech

Courtois

Turnbull

-RB

Van der Wiel

Hutchinson

Clifford

-CB

Ivan

Terry (close to retirement)

Luiz

Sorensen

Chalobah

-LB

Ash (close to retirement)

Bertrand

Van Aanholt

-CDM

Romeu

Connor Clifford

Chalobah

-CM

Josh

Meireles

Ramires

Henriksen

Connor Clifford

-CAM

Mata

De Bruyne (can be winger)

Lucas Moura

Piazon

Davila (can be winger)

-RM/RW

Sturra

Davila/De Bruyne

-LM/LW

Hoilett

Davila/De Bruyne

-ST

Torres

Llorente

Lukaku

Forrester (got him for like 2M and he's been great)

Last time I played online Gem thrashed me :(

 
I can't wait for the January update. Romeu needs to get a huge boost, as he's nowhere near as highly rated as he should be. Ramires should be bumped up too, while guys like Kalou, Malouda, and Essien can be downgraded to balance the team out.

 
It would be nice, ace, but don't count on it. The Febraury online roster update usually just has minor tweaks, if any, to a player's ratings.

I don't play vs the CPU at all in this year's game. It's just not as fun as in previous versions. But online is great. And I do use custom tactics and formations.

What I've been running lately is this:

FORMATION - I tweaked Chelsea's 4-3-3 to look more like Barca's, which is closest to the default 4-3-3 (2). Basically the midfield 3 look more like an inverted triangle than a 3-man line. It also pulls the wings back and in towards the center just a bit. Then I edited the players' work rates. All my defenders are set to medium/high (attacking/defensive) except for Terry, who is low/high.

Essien at CDM is medium/high. RM Ramires and LM Lampard are both high/high. Torres at LW and Mata at RW are high/medium, as is Drogba at ST.

TACTICS - I slowed the build up speed down to around 30 (I believe Chelsea's default is 60). I also dropped passing from whatever the default was down to about 35. This forces you to be more patient, but the big problem I used to have is that teams could catch me on a counter attack too easily when all my players went bombing upfield the second I got the ball. Slowing down the build up and decreasing the attacking work rates of a few defensive players made sure I had bodies back there to prevent counters.

I also changed build up and chance creation from organized to free form. It keeps your looks more varied and the defense on its toes. You have to be very patient here too because your slow build up gives the defense a chance to get back and in position. So work it around the penalty area, back and forth, until you can drag an over anxious defender out of position, and then slide it into one of the forwards for a shot.

 
Is it just player mode that's H2H or can the manager mode be online as well?

I ask because NCAA Football for Xbox has an online dynasty mode. The concept is really cool to go H2H versus another manager. I didn't know if Fifa had that or not.

I'll have to try it (if no one knows the answer) when I get home.

 
So I started a team as Bradford City and signed a bunch of guys in the 50s but who grow to be in the 80s. I also got guys like Josh, Robinson, and Bostock on loan, plus my virtual pro as a striker. Should be fun, right? However, every time I sim a game, someone gets hurt for 3 months! I've even had to turn the injury slider down to 0 and it's still happening. Your overall rating shouldn't have any bearing on how much you get injured.

As for the February update, it was fairly comprehensive. The site I use to scout players had to do an entirely new database since so many players changed their ratings. I think Romeu and Ramires need to have their stats raised, preferably at the expense of guys like Malouda and Kalou. I have a feeling though that they probably won't and will also lower Torres' stats.

 
Are they getting injured due to fatigue?

Lower rated players, have lower stamina...so when they push themselves after playing several games, they could do some damage.

 
Are they getting injured due to fatigue?

Lower rated players, have lower stamina...so when they push themselves after playing several games, they could do some damage.
I assume so. It's just annoying as I keep racking up the injuries, which in turns means I can't cycle my players as much, which leads to more injuries, and so on.

 
Just got my wisdom teeth out so playing a lot of fifa at the moment. My ID is salsNZ, feel free to add me if anyone is up for a game. Just made division one in the online seasons so dont mean to brag but im rather handy :biggrin:

oh and its ps3

 
So I have been recently starting a bunch of manager modes, only to get tired of them a couple of games in. However, I think I have found a pretty fun team to do one with, and it's the same team I did one with last year: Swansea. Now first, I cheated a little bit and transferred Josh and Sigordson to Swansea before I started my season, even though they are just on loan there right now. I was also able to sign Swansea "old boy" Borini on loan and plan to sign him permanently next season. Vorm is fine in goal until I can try and get Courtois, and after selling off a lot of the deadweight, I bought Bertrand and Clyne from Palace as my fullbacks and Ogbonna from Serie A as a CB to pair with Ashley Williams. Not counting Vorm, all of my players, while in their 70s, have potential to hit at least 83 overall. Fun stuff. I play every game ultra-attacking, even when I play the big teams. I just lost a great 4-3 game to Arsenal at the Emirates. Oh, and I named my manager Brendan Rodgers :) .

 
Update came out today, Romeu is up to 72 (from 69), hopefully he becomes a beast in Career mode.

Hutch, Bamford, Chalobah are now in the game at 61, 59, and 58 respectively. Piazon is back with us now too, at a 59 (he was low 60s when he was in Brazil but could grow up to 85 IIRC).

Torres down to 84, Mata up to 86.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top