Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2026/27

Somehow Brighton buy players nobody has ever heard of and they turn out to be really good.
I wonder if one key difference is that they play these players together regularly as a team, as opposed to our constant endless chopping and changing (aka rotation) that results in this

instead of looking like a really good side like Brighton do, end up looking like a load of individuals who have never played together before.
 
I thought both Forest and Coventry were very poor. I'll stop short of utter sh*te but they were close.
They were both very ordinary, Coventry a little less so. Gibbs-White had a shocker, Forest were clueless getting the ball into the box.

 
I know he’s a bit of a twat, but from a football perspective, I didn’t really get the constant slaughtering Fernández got at Chelsea. The pundits were always saying how good he was and he scored goals and made assists. He was excellent last week in the derby and he’s just scored a free kick.

When you look at our midfield, it’s hard to make an argument that he’s not missed.

 
I know he’s a bit of a twat, but from a football perspective, I didn’t really get the constant slaughtering Fernández got at Chelsea. The pundits were always saying how good he was and he scored goals and made assists. He was excellent last week in the derby and he’s just scored a free kick.

When you look at our midfield, it’s hard to make an argument that he’s not missed.
No one is disputing that he is good at that, problem is City can’t control games with him in the middle of the park.

Would be interesting to see how Maresca solves the same problem he had with him here. Cherki has started the season in brilliant form, so it isn’t as easy as moving him into the “10” role. Haaland also benefits immensely from Cherki’s creativity.

 
I know he’s a bit of a twat, but from a football perspective, I didn’t really get the constant slaughtering Fernández got at Chelsea. The pundits were always saying how good he was and he scored goals and made assists. He was excellent last week in the derby and he’s just scored a free kick.

When you look at our midfield, it’s hard to make an argument that he’s not missed.
Come on... he's a c**t - glad to see the back of him..

 
I know he’s a bit of a twat, but from a football perspective, I didn’t really get the constant slaughtering Fernández got at Chelsea. The pundits were always saying how good he was and he scored goals and made assists. He was excellent last week in the derby and he’s just scored a free kick.

When you look at our midfield, it’s hard to make an argument that he’s not miss
As much as it will pain some people here to admit, if they will at all, he has been good at City from very first game.

This is not a surprise, I said the same thing about Maresca I said about Enzo. At a top club they will look better.

 
Has he been good? Saw this from a city fan on another forum and found it very amusing.

"Maresca is insisting on playing with one six and two tens. 

Even just instructing Enzo to sit deeper and closer to Anderson would improve things immeasurably. "

And this one

"This game is ridiculous.

Maresca should have made some changes. The midfield is so open and defensively we look so leaky. "

Same issues as we had, only they have players to drag them to results.

They could and probably should have lost at least one of their first 3 games, maybe even 2 as they were outplayed.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know he’s a bit of a twat, but from a football perspective, I didn’t really get the constant slaughtering Fernández got at Chelsea. The pundits were always saying how good he was and he scored goals and made assists. He was excellent last week in the derby and he’s just scored a free kick.

When you look at our midfield, it’s hard to make an argument that he’s not missed.
The problem with this Enzo 2 c**t is that he thought he was better than what he is and that we should all bow to him for playing for our club. As I said about the bald Enzo c**t, we could be in the championship and I’d be the happier for him not being part of our club.

 
Has he been good? Saw this from a city fan on another forum and found it very amusing.

"Maresca is insisting on playing with one six and two tens. 

Even just instructing Enzo to sit deeper and closer to Anderson would improve things immeasurably. "

And this one

"This game is ridiculous.

Maresca should have made some changes. The midfield is so open and defensively we look so leaky. "

Same issues as we had, only they have players to drag them to results.

They could and probably should have lost at least one of their first 3 games, maybe even 2 as they were outplayed.
Ive watched 3 their games and i would say so and thats the general consensus from their fans.

In this game in particular the midfield wasn't even an issue compared to previous games so Ive seen. Dias was pretty much directly responsible for 2 of the goals, thats not a midfield issue

 
Last edited by a moderator:
What is Lammens doing for United? Does he think that was going to be a back pass if he touched it with his hands?

 
Bruno Fernandes asking for a no foul to be given to disallow Fulham’s goal… it couldn’t happen to a worse player.

 
Brighton were pure quality yesterday, including that beautiful strip they wore.

Don't know how Rice avoided a red card near the end.

 
Back
Top