Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggy McMuffin

First Team Regular
Messages
2,693
Reaction score
60
I seem to remember there being a few members on here who play Football Manager, so are there any with the new one?

I'm a member of a forum about football manager, no I won't bother plugging it, I feel it's tacky, but I mention it more to show how much I play it. I've been a member for about 5 years now, so I kind of am a bit addicted... well, I'm actually a member on about 4/5 Football manager sites, but I usually only go on one of the main one of those, anyway I digress (as I seem to quite often).

For those who aren't quite sure about getting it or not, but are fans of the series, in my humble opinion it's the best of the Football Manager era. It's hard to compare to say CM 01/02, because it's gone completely the other way. It aims for realism, but they've kept it very much playable. The new tactics creator is absolutely superb. I think it's the best new feature I've seen in a Football Manager game, it really is just that good. I'm one of those sad bar stewards who spends hours tweaking their tactics, but now there is actually no need to, it just works so well. The 3d match engine now looks brilliant. They've added crowds, and they react as well, but more importantly the game looks realistic. The passing, the movement, it looks like just like how you'd expect a real game to look, I'm not sure what they added, but it works.

So does anyone have it? Who are you playing as? Yes, I'm hoping for updates... unless no one's bothered, then it'd be foolish to expect updates, but still, here's hoping. :P

 
ive got it and im pretty impressed so far, though ive only had a little play with it so far. the tactics and in game controls are much better and even the scouting seems a bit better.

 
Will be getting it today assuming I get it for £30 and not £40!! Love it :P

 
Comes out in NZ on friday which ties in with the day my exams finish!! Apparently Chelsea have a transfer ban in it.

Whenever i get a new football manager game i always bang out a few chelsea seasons before i move onto the lower leagues. Here's hoping they have rated some of our youth in this one

 
Here's hoping they have rated some of our youth in this one
they haven't really. matic is decent. the keeper we have signed but not signed yet (can't remember name off top of my head) looks outstanding for his age in it

yea transfer ban kicks in 3rd sept. they better release a patch when it gets overturned ;)

have only played the demo on my mates computer. hopefully be gettin a laptop in the coming weeks and get it fired up

 
they haven't really. matic is decent. the keeper we have signed but not signed yet (can't remember name off top of my head) looks outstanding for his age in ityea transfer ban kicks in 3rd sept. they better release a patch when it gets overturned ;)

have only played the demo on my mates computer. hopefully be gettin a laptop in the coming weeks and get it fired up
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have they removed Marlon King's name from it yet??

Also, does that mean we get to make transfer up till then? Got to get Huntelaar early!

 
yea you get to sign players when you first join

then transfer ban hits in september

on demo i signed silva for 28 mil, cassano for 17 and 1 more who i can't remember lol. was a week ago i was playing it. silva is relatively cheap though

 
I bought it today, but it won't instal :o it gets about an eighth of the way through then it spits out the disc, any ideas? ;)

 
Thank you to whoever fixed it, after the fourth attempt it loaded....!

Steve - My Macbook is no prude :o

 
they haven't really. matic is decent. the keeper we have signed but not signed yet (can't remember name off top of my head) looks outstanding for his age in ityea transfer ban kicks in 3rd sept. they better release a patch when it gets overturned ;)

have only played the demo on my mates computer. hopefully be gettin a laptop in the coming weeks and get it fired up
matej delac, thats good. Sturridge rated? would really annoy me if he wasnt in this one because he was in the last one.

 
Bought FM2010 a few days ago, and at first I really struggled with the new layout. I couldn't find the screens I wanted and got so pissed off with it I caused ABH to my mouse & keyboard. I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit better now though, and it's still a great game. The animated match still has problems - takes ages for players to take corners, free-kicks, etc, to be honest this is where my mouse took an almighty good hiding :D

Still, I took over Chelsea (naturally), and having £68m in my pocket, decided to strengthen the squad. I've brought in 12 players plus one on loan: -

Edin Dzeka (Wolfsburg) S - £23.5m

Marquinos (Palmeiras) AM - £8.5m

Arturo Vidal (Leverkusen) DM - £7.25m

Steven Taylor (Newcastle) DC - £4.5m

Angel Di Maria (Benfica) AML - £4.2m

Jakub Blaszczykowski (Dortmund) AMR - £3.6

Diego Buonanotte (River) AMC/L - £3.5m

Mikael Lustig (Rosenborg) DR - £2.8m

Joe Mattock (WBA) DL - £2.5

Tommy Spurr (Sheff.Wed) DL/C - £2.5m

John Goossens (NEC) ML/DL - £1.4m

Bartosz Salamon (Brescia) AMC - £1m

and

Rafael Van Der Vaart (Real Madrid) AMC - £1.1 loan (£6.75 to buy)

I've only got about a million left, so have called it a day on the transfer front :169:

Next match is the Charity Shield against the Mancs, I'm interested to see how the new game shapes up against the past games. Must go now, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already :D

 
I bought Augero (Madrid), Noble (Spam), Moutinho (Sporting) and Dzagoev (CSKA)

Sold Malouda, Kalou and Mikel.

Top o'ta league after 6 games, gave Spuds a 5-0 hammering away with Ivanovic getting 4 of them!!

Dzagoev is out for 7 months though :happy0034:

 
Just bought it the other day as well. It just so happened to come out in NZ the day that my exams finish, that is what you call fate. I haven't played it too much yet but the format is very different.I love all the new things that have been added and the animated has defintely been much slicker. You guys got the first patch yet? Apparently that solves a lot of the problems it has initially

 
Bought FM2010 a few days ago, and at first I really struggled with the new layout. I couldn't find the screens I wanted and got so pissed off with it I caused ABH to my mouse & keyboard. I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit better now though, and it's still a great game. The animated match still has problems - takes ages for players to take corners, free-kicks, etc, to be honest this is where my mouse took an almighty good hiding ::ChElSeaFLag:: Still, I took over Chelsea (naturally), and having £68m in my pocket, decided to strengthen the squad. I've brought in 12 players plus one on loan: -

Edin Dzeka (Wolfsburg) S - £23.5m

Marquinos (Palmeiras) AM - £8.5m

Arturo Vidal (Leverkusen) DM - £7.25m

Steven Taylor (Newcastle) DC - £4.5m

Angel Di Maria (Benfica) AML - £4.2m

Jakub Blaszczykowski (Dortmund) AMR - £3.6

Diego Buonanotte (River) AMC/L - £3.5m

Mikael Lustig (Rosenborg) DR - £2.8m

Joe Mattock (WBA) DL - £2.5

Tommy Spurr (Sheff.Wed) DL/C - £2.5m

John Goossens (NEC) ML/DL - £1.4m

Bartosz Salamon (Brescia) AMC - £1m

and

Rafael Van Der Vaart (Real Madrid) AMC - £1.1 loan (£6.75 to buy)

I've only got about a million left, so have called it a day on the transfer front :tank2:

Next match is the Charity Shield against the Mancs, I'm interested to see how the new game shapes up against the past games. Must go now, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already :tank2:
blimey, thats a lot of players. i brought in:

Alan Dzagoev for £16m

Gregory Van der Wiel for £5.5m

Henri Saivet for £4m

michael potts for £1.4m

romelu lukaka for £7.5m (hes incredible by the way, buy him)

Batuhan for £10m

then got the ban so had loads left to spend and couldnt. buggers.

 
blimey, thats a lot of players. i brought in:Alan Dzagoev for £16m

Gregory Van der Wiel for £5.5m

Henri Saivet for £4m

michael potts for £1.4m

romelu lukaka for £7.5m (hes incredible by the way, buy him)

Batuhan for £10m

then got the ban so had loads left to spend and couldnt. buggers.
I bought that many players because I'm not sure how long the transfer ban will last - and the youth players don't look much cop on FM. Who knows, FIFA may decide to extend the ban in FM World? ::ChElSeaFLag::

 
I'm playing at level 10 in the English Conference in the United Counties Division 1, as AFC Kempston Rovers. If football wasn't cancelled today, I'd be playing on their ground later! ::ChElSeaFLag:: My aim is to try and get them from Amateur to semi-pro, and eventually to a professional side, and if I can get that far, I want to get to and win the Premiership. It's going to be a long, long, long game though.

I'm doing well at home, but struggling on the road, which I'm putting down to a lack of squad cohesion, because I did make a fair few changes. My assistant is telling me that "The current squad are some way short of operating as a unit." Which I can pretty much see in the performances, so I'm just trying to keep my starting line-up consistent so they can get that cohesion going. I'm predicted a 9th place finish (out of 16), but I'm sitting down in 13th right now. My players should really be dominating games, as they have the quality, so when it clicks, I should go flying up the league.... hopefully even on to win it... if not, my players will definitely be gelled enough to do so next year.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top