Football manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once added a manager to a game I was playing, simply to take over the dippers and ruin them. It was great fun selling their top players for sod all, buying utter sh*te for a fortune and playing a load of 16 year old rubbish all up the left hand side of the pitch. Losing 25-0 time after time was funny. All so I could email a picture of them bottom with -900 goal difference to a lad I know who supports them. A job well done I thought.

 
Steve if he wants to leave you have to let him go, He's not going to take any notice of you on your knees with tears in your eyes :D

What are you playing it on mate P.C or Console?
Playing on PC, Chris. I just re-started my previous game and played the Charity Shield game again - purely in the interests of research you understand ;)

We beat Manure 4-1 this time, but even then it's not right. Our first goal was a 30 yard screamer from Essien into the top right corner, no mancs near him and Van der Saar might as well have not been there - FM2011 decided this was a Darren Fletcher own goal! Still, 2 goals by Drogs and another 30 yarder from Anelka sealed the game. And then...post match comment from Ferguson was that if we'd shoot for goal rather than try and walk it in, we might be OK - this, after two 30 yarders!!!

I'm all set now for the first league game of the season away to the Spammers.

I would love to see Steve playing this, I bet the first thing he did in the 2010 game was sell Deco and Paulo for sod all.
Bloody right mate! Though, to be honest, it wasn't easy selling Deco, nobody wanted him - and who can f*ckin' blame 'em!:D

 
Just got the game, never ever played FM before and got the latest patch and all, time to start managing!

 
Depends how many leagues you include and how fast your computer is.

Unless you mean booting the game up from desktop?...but that's not slow either lol

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Everything loads fine for me, game is a bit confusing tho as I never ever played it - currently on friendlies and havent really done anything to team other then buying Neymar and Adam Johnson.

Anyone got any good advices to improve my game? Using a 4.4.2 diamond at the moment and working rather good.

 
I haven't tried the formation on my Chelsea game...which I haven't played for almost a week now.

But in my Brisbane game, I play this formation. I love it. Works a treat for me.

------------------------------------------ST--------------------------------------------

----AMR------------------------------AMC----------------------------------AML---

------------------------------CM-----------------CM---------------------------------

--DR--------------------DC---------------------------DC---------------------DL---

--------------------------------------GK---------------------------------------------

But that's down to the players I had at the time, and I have recruited to fit that formation.

You can also train players in new positions. I always use that tool...it means a player will eventually help the team with versatility in addition to their primary positions.

 
I don't think I'll bother playing this anymore until the next patch comes out, there are that many problems in the game.

For instance - just played my first competitive game of the season, Charity Shield v Manure. I had 4 players sent off, 3 of them straight reds, hit the crossbar about 5 times, and every time a player had a one-on-one with the keeper he hit it straight at him (both teams).

1-1 at full-time, and we go into a penalty shoot-out - after 8 penalties each it's level pegging - 0-0! F*ckin' joke! Needless to say, we lost 0-1 eventually.

AND

the agents fees being asked are ridiculous, but that's probably more realistic than the rest of the game. Plus, the private chats with players are daft too, you should have seen the conversation I had with Paulo Ferreira! :dash1:
Omg, there is definitely something wrong with the game then. This was taken two weeks ago :shok:

/monthly_11_2010/post-6069-0-71665200-1290560596.png

Like you say, lots of bugs in the game. Have they even tested this sh*t before releasing? Waiting for the patch now.

 

Attachments

  • Man Utd v Chelsea (TV View).png
    Man Utd v Chelsea (TV View).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Like you say, lots of bugs in the game. Have they even tested this sh*t before releasing? Waiting for the patch now.
They do this every year, the game is never ready until the 2nd or 3rd patch. As for testing, I believe they use us, the punters, to do their testing for them - must save them thousands!

 
I had a few bugs where my goalie wont kick it away he just stands there looking at the ball until the other team comes and steal it to then slot it home in an empty net.

Anyway I won against Utd in the CS and pissed of SAF saying how I don't rate him and that his team is not worrying me, oh good times.

Started the season with a 2-1 win away to wolves, must say Sturridge is well good on this game as im using him now when Nico is out injured.

 
Just for laughs

/monthly_11_2010/post-6069-0-86837500-1290599457.png

 

Attachments

  • Deco (Reports_ Scout Reports).png
    Deco (Reports_ Scout Reports).png
    170.4 KB · Views: 0
16th best centre mid...for when 15 other options, aren't quite enough.

 
This game seems so bugged.

For example in a match, I get a red card and then moments later they get a red card, I get a penalty that I miss and they get a penalty that they miss moments later. Really weird.

 
I seriously can't beat Fulham on this game. My players keep shooting sh*t shots and the defending is horrible - just against Fulham dont know why.

 
My team, Brisbane Roar, won their third consecutive World Club Challenge....and only scored one goal.

In the QF, we beat a Nigerian team 1-0. Semi-final against Arsenal...won 2-1...both our goals were own goals....then we beat Sau Paulo in the final with a final score of 0-0 (4-2 penalties)

 
Just starting 3rd season as Chelsea and signed Pato for 13.5 mil. Won the quadruple last year with Aguero and Hazard finishing 1st and 2nd best players in the Champs League.

 
You tactical geniuses :Connie_threaten: I'm about to
3_8_13.gif


/monthly_11_2010/post-6069-0-67685700-1290768466.png

 

Attachments

  • Chelsea v Man Utd (Stats_ Match Stats).png
    Chelsea v Man Utd (Stats_ Match Stats).png
    111.9 KB · Views: 0
Any tips on away games guys? Im useless away from home with any team!!

 
I'm getting even more seriously pissed off with this game.

Only two games into the season, but including friendlies there have been five own goals by goalkeepers, all by rebounds off the woodwork, ridiculous!

Then, I'm halfway through a reserve match and the game crashes - get it sorted you c*nts!!!

 
Right, that's it!!!

Beat the spammers 3-2 away, then beat the y*ds 4-2 away, beat Stoke 2-0 at home - too good to be true? Oh yeah, international break, waiting to play a reserve friendly, and FM2011 goes into - "processing...". This goes on for 45 minutes, during which I've opened another bottle of booze, nipped outside for yet another cigar, come back in and smashed f*ck out of my keyboard (ish) - thought it seems to be working again now, sort of.

Unless they bring out another patch soon, people are going to die...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top