Football manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of us have FM 2011 then so we can play this? Or do people want to play an older version? Ive seen some forums where they even go back to the old Champ Manager series which I think you can get for free.
I'd love to see a retro FM game, covering the 60's/70's/80's, but I would imagine the research for such a project would be prohibitive.

Think I've still got my old Champ Manager disks somewhere, I'll have to arrange a search party

 
Well that didn't take long! Just found: -

Championship Manager 00/01; 01/02; 03/04; 4

Football Manager 2005 through to 2011.

Not sure if I've still got the disks for the old Premier Manager game, I managed to win the CL with Woking in that game :D

I really need to get a life, I absolutely don't want to know just how much time I've spent playing these bloody games!

 
Well that didn't take long! Just found: -

Championship Manager 00/01; 01/02; 03/04; 4

Football Manager 2005 through to 2011.

Not sure if I've still got the disks for the old Premier Manager game, I managed to win the CL with Woking in that game :D

I really need to get a life, I absolutely don't want to know just how much time I've spent playing these bloody games!
You bloody magpie, do you ever throw anything out?

 
You bloody magpie, do you ever throw anything out?
:D I keep meaning to either take a load of stuff to a boot sale and flog it or give it to a charity shop, just never seem to get round to it. Sorting all my crap out was one of my New Year resolutions, really must get round to it

 
My favourite manager game for a long time was FA Premier League Manager 2002...

Every young player seemed to get really good, there was always someone good on the transfer list, and by the end of playing I knew how good just about every player in the gme would be.

My new computers can't play it though :(

Until I started playing FM, it was my go-to. CM4 was great, but really buggy...it seemed after a while the game would reach a point I literally couldn't continue past without the game crashing.

Really I only fully got into FM 2007, with 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 all proving equally enjoyable.

 
My favourite manager game for a long time was FA Premier League Manager 2002...

Every young player seemed to get really good, there was always someone good on the transfer list, and by the end of playing I knew how good just about every player in the gme would be.
Heh, what a game that was. You're right about the young players, I was shocked when my Derby team got into Europe and Danny Higginbotham, Malcolm Christie and Tonton Zola Moukoko turned into world-beaters.

 
Heh, what a game that was. You're right about the young players, I was shocked when my Derby team got into Europe and Danny Higginbotham, Malcolm Christie and Tonton Zola Moukoko turned into world-beaters.
What amazes me in hindsight, is a young Leeds player Jamie McMaster, an Australian who turns out to be golden...needless to say, not so much in real life.

At Chelsea, Bosnich was good, Babayaro excellent, Melchiot and Gallas both great, Terry brilliant, hell even Harley turned out great lol. Almost everyone was succesful in the end...Dalla Bona, Knight, Aleksidze, Forssell, Morris etc....

Titus Bramble was king...and most importantly, the best player in the game with a rating of 99, Balabanov, a player I'm sure does not exist. No licence to use the name of Ronaldo (no.9), or Raul (can't remember his name in game)

Oh, and of course the fact that brilliant players consistently became available on Bosman's after the second of third year.

But mostly, it was the reflections of players predicted to be brilliant and being pants in real life that I enjoyed

 
So a show of hands for anyone who fancys the challenge and maybe an idea for which team to use please.

 
I'm in! Not sure about which team, but I'd be happy with a Championship team or Division 1, or maybe a foreign league.

 
Sorry lads, I already have three games going at once that I'm enjoying.

 
Sure, I'll give it a go. I should have the game tomorrow.

 
How does this work again?
A load of you all play as the same team, and see who does best, really. You can either have a target of seeing who can win the Champions League, or Premiership in the shortest amount of seasons, or you can see who has won the most after 5 seasons or so. It's fun to be able to compare your abilities on the game to other people... and also nick their ideas of who to sign. :P

 
How would you know if I used the editor? (Not that I would :139: )
Screenshots usually give it away. :P Usually it's just the obvious ones posted, like the league standings at the end of each year and your transfers in and out, which mainly just show off how brilliant you are at the game, but if there's some foul play, it's easy to see it.

That's not the point, though, it's all about a good fun little game, and having to beat your fellow forumers always adds a bit of spice to the game... with the usual banter of course.

 
Can anyone link the newest patch to me? Have not played for awhile and my game is not auto-updating and yeah I'll be in for sure!

 
There are two ways BlueBeard, you can either press F9 when in the game and it'll save a screenshot to a folder somewhere around /My Documents/Sports Interactive/Screenshots... or something like that, have a look, you should find it. Then proceed to step 4 of the long-winded method.

The other way is the way that works in anything (not just FM).

1. There's a Print Screen button towards the top right of your keyboard. Press that.

2. Open up paint or something on those lines and press ctrl + V (or right click and press paste, or press paste from the drop down menu).

3. Save that somewhere where you can easily find it.

4. Go to a website like http://imageshack.us/ and upload your picture.

5. That website will give a link to the image, paste that inbetween some tags, so it looks like this...

Code:
[img=imageshack.us/thatpictureIuploadedtoshowoffhowgoodiam.jpg]
6. Post it here and you have a wonderful picture everyone can see.
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated! I meant to thank you before but forgot, my memory is about as reliable as Malouda's form.

 
So Steves in, Arq is in, Andreas is in, Im in obviously, footballoholic you in? and Eggy are you having a go? Maybe one of us could start a game and get it to pick a random team and we all use that team?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top