Football manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many seasons maximum have you guys played in any version of football manager ?

i can't play past 5yrs it would have gotten boring by then if you are with a top club with a big budget,i always end up managing countries after that
I normally get to about 5 or 6 then when I`ve won everything (including the world cup with England) I start again as a lower league club. Then back to Chelsea when the new version comes out.

 
Wow, I guess I'm rare then...

I've played games with well over 20 seasons at a club.

Most times one will be a Chelsea game...but I did take Cambridge to the top of the world in FM09

And in this vertsion, I'm much further into my Brisbane game than Chelsea....but not 20 years lol

 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ cam : 20 yrs is awesome :JC_doubleup: ,I hardly find that kind of motivation to play for that long :(

they should introduce better half time team talk options in the game in the next version its sad to keep clicking on the same stuff...they should take a leaf out of FIFA manager and try combining both and some new ideas

 
I'm sick of press conferences, player chats etc.

It's always the same thing.

Also, if it's real life you can explain to fans why you do something. For example, I can't explain to fans adequately whiy I sell out striker who's scored over 100 goals in 4 seasons because he's demanding 10,000 pounds per week, while my wage budget for every player in first team and youths is 30,000 and a maximum of 4,000 for any one player.

I always do press conferences, because I like having a 100% media rating...but the questions are tediously repetitive.

 
Wow, I guess I'm rare then...

I've played games with well over 20 seasons at a club.

Most times one will be a Chelsea game...but I did take Cambridge to the top of the world in FM09

And in this vertsion, I'm much further into my Brisbane game than Chelsea....but not 20 years lol
20? Jesus, you need to get a girlfriend..... :P

 
I'm sick of press conferences, player chats etc.

It's always the same thing.

Also, if it's real life you can explain to fans why you do something. For example, I can't explain to fans adequately whiy I sell out striker who's scored over 100 goals in 4 seasons because he's demanding 10,000 pounds per week, while my wage budget for every player in first team and youths is 30,000 and a maximum of 4,000 for any one player.

I always do press conferences, because I like having a 100% media rating...but the questions are tediously repetitive.
i have the media rating of 1,i only talk to the press during cup finals and Derby matches :P

 
I'm in about my 10th season at the moment with Hitchin Town.

09/10 - Promoted from Blue Square Premier to Conference (Via Playoffs)

10/11 - Promted from Conference to L2 (Via Playoffs)

11/12 - Promoted from L2 to L1 (Via Playoffs)

12/13 - Stayed in L1

13/14 - Promted to Championship from L1 (Via Playoffs)

14/15 - Stayed in Championship

15/16 - Stayed in Championship

16/17 - Promoted to PL (Via Playoffs)

17/18 - Narrowly Avoided Relegation, So Stayed in PL

18/19 - Current Season

 
I'm in about my 10th season at the moment with Hitchin Town.

09/10 - Promoted from Blue Square Premier to Conference (Via Playoffs)

10/11 - Promted from Conference to L2 (Via Playoffs)

11/12 - Promoted from L2 to L1 (Via Playoffs)

12/13 - Stayed in L1

13/14 - Promted to Championship from L1 (Via Playoffs)

14/15 - Stayed in Championship

15/16 - Stayed in Championship

16/17 - Promoted to PL (Via Playoffs)

17/18 - Narrowly Avoided Relegation, So Stayed in PL

18/19 - Current Season
that's an awesome achievement,You must have lot of patience to work with a Blue square premier league club :JC_doubleup:

 
Is it just me or does the players have real trouble hitting the target and getting atleast a couple of shots in the woodwork each game? Also, there's loads of cards handed out, many of them reds.

 
Is it just me or does the players have real trouble hitting the target and getting atleast a couple of shots in the woodwork each game? Also, there's loads of cards handed out, many of them reds.
happens quite often actually players like tevez,Dzeko,Aguero all fail in one on one chances they end up hitting the keeper and they hit the post too many times and miss some crucial chances (neymar is worst of them all)

 
happens quite often actually players like tevez,Dzeko,Aguero all fail in one on one chances they end up hitting the keeper and they hit the post too many times and miss some crucial chances (neymar is worst of them all)
True. Lukaku is awful as well. Atleast sometimes. He can score a hattrick in one game, but then miss an open net from a yard away a few times in a row.

And Aguero have a bad habit of being able to go past 5-6 players but then firing a shot that almost leaves the stadium.

I have another player as well (can't remember who it is) who keeps shooting and shooting but almost always miss the target by a mile.

Also, Drogba appears to have two levels on his shots. Either they're so hard they almost break the net in the goal, or else they're weaker than a simple pass.

And while I'm negative I might also add that it's really annoying when it's snowing in the game. I don't know if there's something wrong with my eyes, but it's hard to see the ball and it's all just irritating :(

I thought FM10 wasn't very good, but FM11 is worse.

 
I find you get sh*t loads of injuries every game. One match I had 3 people subsituted off with injurys before 45 minutes had been played, then a 4th injured in the 2nd half. Don't know how much of a difference your team facilities or physios make, but it's getting ridiculous.

 
I find you get sh*t loads of injuries every game. One match I had 3 people subsituted off with injurys before 45 minutes had been played, then a 4th injured in the 2nd half. Don't know how much of a difference your team facilities or physios make, but it's getting ridiculous.
Its mad isnt it, I had my first 5 strikers injured at one time and had to play a 17 year old and lampard up front. Stupid bloody game,

 
Are you playing either unpatched or the first patch?

Because the second patch hasn't been much of a problem...actually, nor has the first patch which has my long game on it. Maybe I'm just lucky. I mean I get some injuries, usually not a plague of them though.

Actually, there was one on my chelsea game on patch 2. I had 5 long term injuries, but they were spread around the positions lol.

 
Just won the FA Cup in the second season...6-0 against Bolton.

Vaclav Kadlec has scored 7 goals in two games...5 of them in the final haha. Talk about making an impact at 19.

I'm still amazed at what Rakitic has done for me. I got him as a squad player on a free transfer, thinking he's young and quite talented, he can help...He's made 49 appearances (+ some off the bench), scored 11 goals, 31 assists, average rating 7.35). He's well and truly my first choice right winger.

Delac has 16 clean sheets from the 25 games I've played him in.

Lukaku has had some injuries but has managed 14 goals in 20 games.

Bruma played half the league games at an average rating of 7.25

Alex, Sturridge, Aurier, Malouda have all been fantastic too.

The only player that hasn't really performed well has been Kakuta.

 
The only player that hasn't really performed well has been Kakuta.
Well that sucks. He could be frustrating at times because he has the 'shoots from distance' ppm, but boy did he used to score some screamers for me. Probably because I trained his longshots upto 18.

 
I'm providing 7 members of England's Euro 2012 campaign :P

Terry, Lampard and Cole obviously (though I've arranged for Cole to be sold because he wanted over 200,000 in wages for his new deal :JC_doubledown: )

But it's ok, Bertrand is here and in the squad along with Sturridge, Jones and Mancienne.

Some of the wage demands in here are crazy...though I suppose that's realistic lol. It seems a lot worse than previous versions. I just had to add a couple of hundred thousand a week on upgrading the contracts of a fair few of my players with contracts expiring next season :(

Had to sell Drogba, Malouda and Cole to offload the costs haha

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Are you playing either unpatched or the first patch?

Because the second patch hasn't been much of a problem...actually, nor has the first patch which has my long game on it. Maybe I'm just lucky. I mean I get some injuries, usually not a plague of them though.

Actually, there was one on my chelsea game on patch 2. I had 5 long term injuries, but they were spread around the positions lol.
even in the patched version people like neymar,Dzeko,Lukaku,Aguero,Tevez,Cavani score avg of 25-30 goals a season but still end up shooting ridiculously over the bar and and right at the keeper so many times

 
Hopefully getting this tomorrow, haha bit late on it but I find these games so addicting

 
Looking forward to the new patch being released!! With Luiz and Torres in the squad there wont even be any need to buy anyone except maybe a winger.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top