Football manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine today, but going away for a few days, so I won't get to play it for a while.

Hoping McEachran is good on it ;)

Actually, might install it, check out Chelsea and just not really play it yet haha

 
McEachren, Kakuta, Bruma and Van Aanholt all have the ability to be as good as Lampard, Malouda, Terry and A Cole respectively

 
McEachren, Kakuta, Bruma and Van Aanholt all have the ability to be as good as Lampard, Malouda, Terry and A Cole respectively
Cool. They were kinda bad in FM10 so things have really changed :)

 
Personal converstions are fun :lol:

/monthly_11_2010/post-6069-0-39733100-1289394819.png

Daniel :o

 

Attachments

  • Didier Drogba (Profile_ Private Chat).png
    Didier Drogba (Profile_ Private Chat).png
    143.8 KB · Views: 0
Made some exciting signings for my team yesterday.

 
So this is my team now...unlikely to sign anyone else before the end of the window...

---------------------------------------------------------------Cech---------------------------------------------------------

-Ivanovic-----------------------------Terry----------------------------------Alex-------------------------------Cole-

--------------------------------------------------------------Mikel---------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------Lampard----------------------------------Essien------------------------------------

---Giuliano------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Malouda-----

----------------------------------------------------------Drogba---------------------------------------------------------

Rest of first team squad: Turnbull, Van Aahnholt, Bruma, Bosingwa, Zhirkov, Ramires, Edu Ramos, McEachran, Assulin, Benayoun, Kalou, Anelka, Kakuta, Sturridge

Ins: Giuliano (9mil - Internacional); Edu Ramos (2.5mil - Malaga); Assulin (free - Barcelona)

Also signed: Begona (2mil - Osasuna - first season regen - reserve player); Derflinger (4.4mil - Bayern - youth team); Dametto (1.1mil - Cagliari - youth team); Parzyszek (1mil - De Graafshap - youth team)

* I have also arranged the transfer of Lukaku next season (for realism ;))

Outs: Hilario (800k - Porto); Ferriera (2.2mil - Bayern)

One dissapointment is that Chalobah isn't in the game.....

 
I went a bit transfer crazy at the beginning but then realised we have some gems of our own. So this is the team I'm trying to develop:

/monthly_11_2010/post-6069-0-23563600-1289445426.png

Retraining Ramires to right back :D Scored and got motm on his debut :o

 

Attachments

  • Chelsea (Chelsea_ Tactics)-3.png
    Chelsea (Chelsea_ Tactics)-3.png
    424.2 KB · Views: 0
Benayoun and Ramires have both been good for me.

Alex, Essien and Drogba have also been good, but Drogba is injured for a month.

I've started the season well.

Pre-season results:

W 1-0 Shakhtar

W 2-0 Hull

W 1-0 Spurs

W 4-0 Inter

W 10-0 Linx

W 3-0 AC Milan

Community Shield:

W 2-1 United

Season Proper:

W 2-0 Fulham

W 1-0 Villa

W 2-1 Arsenal

W 3-1 West Ham

W 2-0 Sparta Prague

W 3-0 Blackburn

 
11 penalties in my game so far and just one scored. It used to be the other way last time. Is it just me?

 
Just you maybe?

I've had two penalties, and they've both been converted. I haven't even set it up so the best penalty takers step up.

First one was Drogba, which he converted. For whatever reason, Alex took the second one, and slotted it home too (oh, just cheked his stats...15 on penalty taking...cool)

 
Yeah maybe. Finally scored one. Super Frank with 4! And so much for the Ramires experiment :(

/monthly_11_2010/post-6069-0-43872700-1289449810.png

 

Attachments

  • Chelsea v West Ham (Information_ Overview).png
    Chelsea v West Ham (Information_ Overview).png
    125.1 KB · Views: 0
I don't know why, but when I'm winning by a lot, I get very annoyed when my team concedes late goals unnecessarily...it spoils a win.

Like I've had games when I'm winning 4-0, but instead of scoring more, I end up conceding 2 or 3 goals and the game looks much too close.

Just thought I'd share how annoying it is lol

 
Isn't that over budget?

You must be in the red on overall budget and transfers unless you sold a few players.

 
Yeah, stretching the wage budget to a minimum, you get close to £90 million in budget. Its kind of unrealistic. I guess FM have yet to realise how much the purse strings have been tightened

 
This game is too f*cking hard!! As the thread starter this embarrasses me.

Cant seem to get us playing well no matter what methods I try!

Also, what have peope been doing for training? Anyone found any good schedules?

 
My team is winning without me tinkering with training too much (just improved the coaches and what not)

I'm finding a lot of 1-0, 2-0 wins...not scoring too many goals...but conceding even less

In 30 league games, scored 61, conceded 8 :shok: , but it looks like leading to :5569:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top