Football Manager 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This database editor comes in extremely handy, Lofty. A little overwhelming and complicated at first, like much of the game, but very useful once you learn the ins and outs.

 
This database editor comes in extremely handy, Lofty. A little overwhelming and complicated at first, like much of the game, but very useful once you learn the ins and outs.
Yep, very handy for putting through all of the latest transfers, or having a bit of fun with someone like Josh McEachran and giving him a PA of 180...

But I'd never do that. That would be cheating.

*Cough*

 
Tried to install Football Manager 2012 on my new computer, reminded me that I need Steam to run it, tried to log into my Steam account before realizing i'd forgotten my password AND changed my email and no longer have access to the old one.

Essentially it is now impossible for me to play the game I spend 90$ on.

Oh well, re-installed FM2009, playing with League-2 side Wycombe Wanderers, the journey to the EPL begins here.

 
That's a shame Jonty, but FM2009 will no doubt be more fun to play, an older database with more surprises in store, etc.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a shame Jonty, but FM2009 will no doubt be more fun to play, an older database with more surprises in store, etc.
17 year old Lille winger Eden Hazard looks like a good prospect, as does 16 year old Brazilian midfielder Oscar dos Santos.

Not sure what to think about 17 year old defensive midfielder Andre Schurrle though, he has blistering pace but i'm not sure if he's suited to the position!

 
Right, I'm feeling a bit frivolous, time for a free spending, fantasy Juve/Italy NT save with a dodgy asymmetric formation...

iPfmwXgBZ4BMO.PNG


Let's roll (Kiyotake is backup for Ozil who was transfer listed by Real Madrid, a sprained wrist prevented him from taking part in our season opener, a 4-0 romp over Lazio).

 
Played it ever since 1996 I think. Back when it was championship manager... Love it to bits. Best one for me was 00/01 when Kim kallstrom and slat an ibrahimovic were available for about 100K haha. It's funny looking back at the game 10 + years ago when it rated certain players really well only to see in real life they didn't last too long at the top of the game. Players like Matt Jansen, Michael bridges, maroon broomes...

On FM13 I always start unemployed. That's how u should start then wait until you are offered a job. I went to Hayes and yeading then Telford and now Gateshead in league 2 :-)

 
Is there any way to skip through time quicker? It say something like 15 days till next game, and it takes forever to get there, especially with 10 new bits of news popping up every day.

 
You can alter what news items you subscribe to under news - subscriptions.

Tick as much or as little as you like, I generally only select news from whatever league I'm currently in and all of the domestic/European cups. I think you get subscribed to news from foreign leagues by default, so unsubscribing would shave a bit of time and save your inbox from irrelevant stuff.

 
Is there any way to skip through time quicker? It say something like 15 days till next game, and it takes forever to get there, especially with 10 new bits of news popping up every day.
Go on 'holiday' until the game :)

 
Have you ever had anything like this before, Lofty? It's very bizarre and it only started occurring after I made a new game.

It's a problem with the mouse cursor. It doesn't work when I click on any button; I have to click a bit above it everytime for it to work, and if I move the cursor over the actual button then it's as if I'm clicking the one below.

Does that make any sense? Only happening in FM as far as I can tell.

 
Hmm, sorry mate, doesn't sound like anything I've ever had. Is it a recurring problem whenever you fire up the game?

The only cursor trouble I get is when the cursor icon occasionally gets stuck looking like a football, but it still functions fine.

 
Did you try knocking it off and on again.......

 
Have you ever had anything like this before, Lofty? It's very bizarre and it only started occurring after I made a new game.

It's a problem with the mouse cursor. It doesn't work when I click on any button; I have to click a bit above it everytime for it to work, and if I move the cursor over the actual button then it's as if I'm clicking the one below.

Does that make any sense? Only happening in FM as far as I can tell.
I've had that before, but not recently. I think it was CM4, and maybe FM 2005 as well.

Speaking of old games, decided to fire up FM 2007, which is my favourite title so far I think. None of this speaking to the press every game, just tactics and play. It runs quicker....very nice. Had a bit of trouble installing it, had to change compatibility to Windows 2000, but got it in the end. Started a game with Villa. Low expectations, decent stadium, no debt...and as I found out, a decent transfer budget. Signed some young players who I remembered to be beasts (Vela, Bale, Bojan). Good times.

 
Started a new season today and as always chose us to manage. A few games into the season we had The Dippers at home and god as my witness the Beaver got a yellow in the first minute the on 40mins got in a tussle with two of our defenders in the box and got his second yellow for unsportsmanly conduct. Im wondering if Steam have slipped a comedy update into the game.

Couldnt grab a screenshot or record it otherwise i would have used that as my new forum picture.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top