Football Manager 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Ryder

Dan's Pet Rescue
Messages
5,337
Reaction score
1,779
Are there any FM tragics around? Feel free to share your tales of triumph and heartache in this years version of the greatest spreadsheet known to man.

Despite promising myself not to get it I couldn't resist, I decided to start with a Chelsea save to get a feel for the game. Cardiff at the Bridge first up, not exactly the trickiest of starts!

iKZphPKilP2ep.PNG


Gary Cahill is God, apparently.

We've been handed a tricky start to the season fixture-wise, big matches against United and Arsenal on the horizon.

iSvSehEH9UJbZ.PNG


 
This is the first year since 2004 I haven't got the game.

 
Probably won't be getting it this year, it really does make entire days disappear.

 
I wont be getting it. I doubt it is much different from last years game.

 
Probably won't be getting it this year, it really does make entire days disappear.
Days, weeks, months...

I wont be getting it. I doubt it is much different from last years game.
I was telling myself that for months; still caved in the end, alas.

The game seems a lot tougher than 13 for me, I've already managed to get myself knocked out of a Champions League group that contained CSKA, Leverkeusen and APOEL! :blush2:

 
Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning!

 
Sitting on top of the league right now with a record of 11 - 0 - 3

Not many jaw dropping performances but my defence is solid. Signed Leighton Baines for £24M. 

Playing a 4-2-3-1 deep. Having trouble getting the most out of Hazard but Mata / Ramires and Baines are playing really well. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The price of FM usually plummets around crimbo so will pick it up then.

Not impressed with how little they've improved the game this year though. Nothing revolutionary anyway.

 
If you're struggling to get goals out of Torres and Eto'o then have a look at this chap from Shakhtar:

ibrcV1ueSSfYK7.PNG


I snapped him up for 11 million plus 15 in add-ons in Jan 14', he's been great (8 goals in 6 [4] apps)

 
Anyone else witnessed the constant Essien Rockets from the edge of the area, that always seem to go wide?

 
Your pictures dont work. It just brings up a blank page.

 
Anyone else witnessed the constant Essien Rockets from the edge of the area, that always seem to go wide?
Sold him and bought in Fernando for 3M. Foocking bargain m8!

Can't shift Torres though. No one even wants him on a free!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Now in the Final of the Capital One Cup after a belting game in the second leg at Man City. Schurlle is incredible on this game. 11 goals for me now.

Playing Le Arse in the Final. Will let you know how it turns out. 

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top