Football Manager 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now in the Final of the Capital One Cup after a belting game in the second leg at Man City. Schurlle is incredible on this game. 11 goals for me now.

Playing Le Arse in the Final. Will let you know how it turns out. 
Best of luck for the final. Schurlle has been rather average for me, although I haven't given him many opportunities in the first team.

I've just completed my first season, we ended up finishing third after a strong run from January onwards.

Newcastle had a fairy tale season and ended up finishing second. They also managed to win the FA Cup, beating Spurs in the final (unfortunately they mauled us in the semi 4-0 so we can't gloat about Spurs' shortcomings... yet).

We atoned for our Champions League exit by going on a good run in the Europa League and winning it,  beating Spurs in the final just days after they decided to sack Andre Villas-Boas for his failings in the league (gloat!). Result.

ifEBOdTTBaHSt.PNG


i0RnFqRCQVkPv.PNG


All in all a positive first season at the helm, though there's much improvement to be had. I secured a three-year contract extension so now have to push us on and start challenging for the big trophies. Thankfully Roman has handed me a 30 million pound budget for the season to come, which will be bolstered by Ramires' impending 20 million pound sale to Bayern and Victor Moses' 6.6 million pound move to Crystal Palace. If I can shift Marin, Willian and Romeu I'll have just shy of 80 million, though I haven't decided on how I'm going to spend it yet.

The big bright point for us on the transfer front was Facundo Ferreyra, after his move from Shakhtar in January he took the league by storm, scoring 15 goals in 16 appearances. He also notched up 5 in the Europa league and 2 in the FA Cup. Sami Khedira also proved to be a solid addition in midfield, he's a great defensive playmaker to anchor your team around.

On a final note, I've decided to let Samuel Eto'o go as his wages are far too high for a third-string striker. The man who will replace him? A certain Didier Drogba...

 
You bar stewards are making me need this game now!

I do miss the FM days of Freddy Adu and Nicholas Millan though...

 
Best of luck for the final. Schurlle has been rather average for me, although I haven't given him many opportunities in the first team.

I've just completed my first season, we ended up finishing third after a strong run from January onwards.

Newcastle had a fairy tale season and ended up finishing second. They also managed to win the FA Cup, beating Spurs in the final (unfortunately they mauled us in the semi 4-0 so we can't gloat about Spurs' shortcomings... yet).

We atoned for our Champions League exit by going on a good run in the Europa League and winning it,  beating Spurs in the final just days after they decided to sack Andre Villas-Boas for his failings in the league (gloat!). Result.

ifEBOdTTBaHSt.PNG


i0RnFqRCQVkPv.PNG


All in all a positive first season at the helm, though there's much improvement to be had. I secured a three-year contract extension so now have to push us on and start challenging for the big trophies. Thankfully Roman has handed me a 30 million pound budget for the season to come, which will be bolstered by Ramires' impending 20 million pound sale to Bayern and Victor Moses' 6.6 million pound move to Crystal Palace. If I can shift Marin, Willian and Romeu I'll have just shy of 80 million, though I haven't decided on how I'm going to spend it yet.

The big bright point for us on the transfer front was Facundo Ferreyra, after his move from Shakhtar in January he took the league by storm, scoring 15 goals in 16 appearances. He also notched up 5 in the Europa league and 2 in the FA Cup. Sami Khedira also proved to be a solid addition in midfield, he's a great defensive playmaker to anchor your team around.

On a final note, I've decided to let Samuel Eto'o go as his wages are far too high for a third-string striker. The man who will replace him? A certain Didier Drogba...
What stats did Mata get (goals and assists) by the end of the season? How are you playing him and Hazard?

Also...

LOL LIVERPOOL  :Troll_Face:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Lol indeed, the game even singled them out as underachievers! :biggrin:

izKaYeuKzlIsi.PNG


Juan notched up 15 assists and 6 goals in the league, I can't get his stats for Europe or the cups as everything has now reset for the new season.

I'm using Juan as an advanced playmaker and Eden as an inside forward, here's my formation/strongest XI:

izK1C6XeXl6Pu.PNG


 
Thought I would join in with the spurs thumpings...

90d7sIV.png


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Royally f**ked up my half time team talk after Lampard put us ahead in the 44th minute.

Lost 2-1 to Le Arse in the CoC final. sh*t cup anyway.

At least I can focus on the Prem and CL now. Got knocked out of the FA cup in the first round lol :/

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know where it's cheapest at the moment?

 
Oh look. Another terrible youth intake...

Don't plan on renewing any of the old guards contracts. Going to sell Hazard at the end of the season as well. Get around 40M hopefully so I can rebuild the team. A whole defense re shuffle and a decent partner to ramires in CDM.

Still struggling to get Mata firing on all cylinders as well. 

 
NZjnL6G.png


Best result so far. One foot in the semis. 

They can do it in Spain but can they do it in a cold/wet night in London? 

Also:

vQSfFqX.png


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Joey, they shaded possession so in the eyes of the football Gods they won....

:biggrin:

Interesting to hear that you're having bad youth intakes, my first one brought in a few really good looking striker prospects including this gem:

i49qcfjEY5Bkb.PNG


My transfer window was very productive, I decided to call time on Ashley Cole's Chelsea career and set up my left back stocks for years to come: I snapped up Baines from Everton for 18.25 million and Shaw from Southampton for an initial 16 million which could rise to 25 with add-ons. A few teams came in for Ash and I gave him the opportunity to finish his career with a spell at Milan. I've loaned Shaw out to Steve Clarke at West Brom.

I bought young Ryan Ledson from Everton for 6 million, he had the good sense to choose us over Manchester United.

My only other significant cash transfer was Matt Lowton, I decided to take advantage of Aston Villa's relegation and get him quite cheaply. I fought off the likes of Porto and PSV to secure his services, there was quite a bit of interest.

On the free front I nabbed a couple of promising looking German youngsters, and a certain Didier Drogba to take the third-string striker spot vacated by Samuel Eto'o. I've given him the number 78 shirt in honour of the year of his birth, very continental of me!

I decided to let Michael Essien go after a mixed season, a host of clubs made offers but I let Southampton take him for 2.3 million as a thank you gift of sorts for Luke Shaw. I signed Gareth Barry on a free to replace Essien as my midfield cover, he had a very productive season at Everton and will only cost me half as much in terms of wages. Result.

I sold off the deadwood, Moses, Atsu, Marin and Romeu, for a total of around 19.5 million. My two big sales of the window were Ramires and Willian, Bayern exercised a 20 million buy clause that I had included in Ramires' loan agreement last season, whilst I sold Willian to Monaco for 20 million to free up space in the team for Ross Barkley who had a productive season on loan at Celtic, winning the Scottish player of the year award.

I loaned out a huge array of players, most notably Romelu Lukaku to Dortmund. Lukaku had a disappointing year at Everton, only managing to score 6 league goals, but he had a great World Cup campaign with Belgium, scoring 6 goals and winning the young player of the tournament award. Hopefully he'll thrive in the Bundesliga and be an able replacement for Lewandowski.

Another player I decided to loan was Courtois, surprisingly few teams were interested in him at first so at one stage I was planning on rotating him with Cech. I even went as far as letting Schwarzer go, only to resign him a few weeks later when I needed him again! PSG made an offer but Courtois wasn't interested, Bayern came in and he was, so he's off to Germany for the season.

iZ99OTeusj6aY.PNG


A productive window all things considered, we managed to turn a healthy profit and are in the black financially. We've got a transfer budget of 49.5 million remaining and are £390,000 below our wage budget.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, you've got really lucky with that striker through your youth intake.

Got a few of those players lined up next season (Brandt, and Ryan).

Lukaku did really well on his loan at Everton. 11 goals in 12 apps, but unfortunately he broke his leg and was out for the rest of the season. He'll be my 2nd choice next season with Lewandowski being my first after a stunning first season (30+ goals so far).

I actually nearly lost to Barcelona in the 2nd leg at the nou camp but Hazard got me 115th minute stunner in extra time. 

Drew Man United in the semis. The Football is getting a bit laboured now. I think the AI has discovered some good counters to my tactic, so I'm waiting for pre-season to fix it. 

Big shout for Chalobah by the way. Been excellent for me this season. Now a starter with Ramires. His determination is sh*t, but if you get JT to tutor him, it shoots right up to 15.

 
Sounds like your all doing better than me. Everytime I play as Chelsea I seem to turn them to sh*t!

I have already found one bug in the game. Apparently John Terry and Chalobah had fallen out with each other. So I spoke to John Terry and said "as captain I think that you should sort out the issue between John Terry and Nathanial Chalobah" He replied "Of course, I dont know what has got into them lately!".

 
I've just gone nuclear on JT after he reacted badly to a 2-week fine for getting red carded in a crucial match against Arsenal: I've stripped him of the captaincy and he won't be getting it back until things calm down. An extended spell on the sidelines will do him well, I think!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top