Game of Thrones

Read all the books. seen three episodes of the new season. Loving it as far as a show goes, slightly concerned with how they are differing from the plot of the books with a few storylines, most notably Theons.

Season one they absolutely nailed it, plot was very consistent with the book, second season went way off on a few things just hoping they keep it more in line throughout this season.
Arya's storyline is already very much different. And Bran's and Rob's somewhat... I try to enjoy the tv show as a separate piece of art and stopped continuously comparing it to the books. I hope George will cut right through the (in)famous Meereenese knot in the tv show :)

 
Arya's storyline is already very much different. And Bran's and Rob's somewhat... I try to enjoy the tv show as a separate piece of art and stopped continuously comparing it to the books. I hope George will cut right through the (in)famous Meereenese knot in the tv show :)
Just seen episode 4. Credit to them they got Theon's back on track. Also Arya's isn't too different. Locations are slightly off but following the story reasonably well

 
^ Man, the stuff with Theon became real interesting...

 
I expect so, Teritus - still can't get my head round why fat below the waist is considered unattractive but fat above it is lustworthy!

:rofl:
how do you make fat attractive...........put a nipple on it.

The dragon girl is well tidy.

 
Just seen episode 4. Credit to them they got Theon's back on track. Also Arya's isn't too different. Locations are slightly off but following the story reasonably well
She wasn't with Tywin Lannister in the books, she was at Harrenhal in Roose Bolton's camp. Quite a big difference because the scenes in Bolton's camp gave a lot of clues about what's going to happen. Anyway, I don't mind most of the changes, at least this way the tv show gives a new experience compared to the books. Also somewhat necessary as George did not have film production in mind when he wrote the books :)

 
The penultimate episode left me in shock...

Damn you Walder Frey !

 
So many people I know have read the book while I intend on only watching the shows, it seems as if at every turn someone is trying to ruin what happens for me  :wife:

 
The lack of nudity in season 3 is a worry
Well you got Joffrey who rather kill that screw - sign of the times my friend - I was hella pissed when he killed Ros - She was the Top Class Ho on the show - Joffrey that inbred needs to die!!!

 
On the final book now (at least for the moment)

My personal rankings of the books so far

A Game of Thrones 4/5

A Clash of Kings 4/5

A Storm of Swords 5/5

Feast For Crows 3/5

Storm of Swords was by far the best in my opinion. The red wedding, the Jaime story, Jon snow and the war with the wildlings, Daenerys and her rise beginning to shape. Season 3.5 is going to be interesting. Some real good moments. Hope they do it justice.

I recommend anyone who likes the series to read the books. Fantastic. 

For anyone who has watched/read beyond Book 3 / Season 3. Please don't spoil. 

 
So many people I know have read the book while I intend on only watching the shows, it seems as if at every turn someone is trying to ruin what happens for me  :wife:
I think I would actually punch someone in the face if they spoiled anything for me. On the last book now so in a few days I will be unspoilable! Muahahaahaha

 
I have just seen this thread, I thought that there would be more comments on it. 

I find the show really fascinating and brilliant. Im completely addicted and cannot wait for season 3.5 to come. Im way more into game of thrones than I ever was about breaking bad sadly. Never really got that into breaking bad like some people. 

 
I have just seen this thread, I thought that there would be more comments on it. 

I find the show really fascinating and brilliant. Im completely addicted and cannot wait for season 3.5 to come. Im way more into game of thrones than I ever was about breaking bad sadly. Never really got that into breaking bad like some people. 
It's difficult to follow if you haven't read the books. Even keeping up with all the characters in the books is a challenge and I think this is why people give up early on. Midpoint of season one is when it starts to get interesting and it hasn't really stopped for me since.

The last scene of season 3 was amazing (Mhysa). If you haven't read the books, I strongly advise you to!

 
It's difficult to follow if you haven't read the books. Even keeping up with all the characters in the books is a challenge and I think this is why people give up early on. Midpoint of season one is when it starts to get interesting and it hasn't really stopped for me since.

The last scene of season 3 was amazing (Mhysa). If you haven't read the books, I strongly advise you to!
I haven't read the books but I plan too. Either over Christmas or the summer. 

What I did to understand it was read a small wiki blurb after the episode and I downloaded the who series to make sure that I didn't have to wait a week at a time for a episode. 

Strangely, I find Game of Thrones to be like one big long series instead of other series like the wire or Sopranos. It seems like a much more fluid story. 

 
Just finished all the books.

To my disappointment, the next book isn't going to be out until 2015. 

Guess I'll re-read them next year. :(

 
They've just finished filming Season 4.

Should see the next series in a few months. 

 
I've watchedf the southpark episodes about it, that's all.

 
WARNING:  If Tyrion Lannister ever gets killed, I do NOT want to know. Anyone who reveals this information will be instantly changed into a toad!!

 
Thanks for the vid!!! Man I know its four months away, but I got a warm & fuzzy feeling already ;) I hope we get more of the Red Priestess. IMHO she is hot

got-game-of-thrones-28953452-500-483.jpg


I would be just like Stannis wrapped in her spell trying to knock those boots :Troll_Face:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top