gigs, who? where? when? how good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity I checked out who are playing at the festival and I have to admit there are some acts that would be interesting to see live: Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young and Echo & The Bunnymen and Fleet Foxes should be good.
Saw the Fleet Foxes support Wilco recently (see earlier post), and they were tremendous!

 
im hopefully gonna be at one of mozzers gigs in birmingham, but not got it all sorted yet. really wanted to see the specials but every bloody gig that isnt sold out i cant get to.
wouldn't bother with the Specials, tbh they were sh*te live the first time round and I doubt they've improved with age.

 
wouldn't bother with the Specials, tbh they were sh*te live the first time round and I doubt they've improved with age.
Weird, I've never seen them live, but based on the old videos of their live performances, they seemed anything but sh*te.

 
:laugh2: I'm really looking forward to tonight's gig. The weather is awesome and the main act is Faith No More. :rofl:
 
Oooh, didn't know you had a thread for this, well. I saw 2 Many DJ's (aka Soulwax) a few weeks ago and they were actually insane. Supported by Zombie Nation as well. Had the crowd jumping around like lunatics. I almost hit a militant feminist lesbian in the face... the look she gave me was pretty scary, but was a great night. I Highly recommend going to see them.

Very tempted to go see this too, but ran out of money. Looks like it'd be an insane night.

28525375.gif


Something like 8 hours of DJ sets from Ed Banger.... including SebastiAn, who's probably my favourite DJ ever. Mystery Jets and Friendly Fires dropping in randomly too. I think I'm going to sell a kidney to get tickets and beer money.

 
Was at eric clapton at the o2 dublin in may he was good specialy the start of lyla super gutair rift. was in slaine the weekend for oasis liam was great no bolloxs out of him just got on with it prodigy and kezabein where on the same gig very good they both where prodigy had the place rocking.

 
I've been trying to get tickets to see Metallica one day but always fail. I have however been to 2 concerts in my life. Cher and Tina Turner.

Cher was okay but she kept changing clothes (well, I guess you can call it clothes even though it hardly covered any part of her body, left me scarred for life) ever few songs or so. If she sang 20 songs then she appeared in atleast 9-10 different dresses. Quite annoying actually. But she did give everyone a real show so it was an enjoyable event.

Tina Turner on the other hand was far better. She was great. It's really amazing just how much energy she has on stage. I bet I was more tired than her after the concert. She really gave it all and I wouldn't mind seing her again. She is coming to Sweden but the tickets are too expensive. The worst seats at Tina Turner costs about as much as the best seats for Metallica. It's really ridiculous. I would really have liked to see her again since I guess this really will be the final time she comes here.

Anyway, I've seen her once and it was great. When she sang "Simply The Best" I got goosebumps all over my body and I even shed quite a few tears. Simply amazing.

That was simply the best ;)
Seen 'em both and you're spot on about Cher, she didn't even say hello, buggered off every other song to get changed leaving some cack dance troupe to fill the gap, and when she went..... she went, no encore!

TT was as you say a different kettle of seafood a real trooper and entertainer.

 
I'm luckily of an age where i had the opportunity to see so many musical trends from Thin LIzzy to Clash and Madness to Rod Stewart, but the best (for me) was Sham 69 and Bad Manners, more than just gigs!

 
I've been trying to get tickets to see Metallica one day but always fail.I have however been to 2 concerts in my life. Cher and Tina Turner
Some fall back there, Moos. No Metallica, so you go see Cher. Nice one ;)

 
Just came back from the Faith No More gig and although the ticket was €60, it was TOTALLY worth the price. Almost two hours of kick ass music and the weather was great. :tHumBsBeeR:

YES!

 
I'm luckily of an age where i had the opportunity to see so many musical trends from Thin LIzzy to Clash and Madness to Rod Stewart, but the best (for me) was Sham 69 and Bad Manners, more than just gigs!
I almost went to see Bad Manners last year, didn't have the funds though :(

I may have to see them soon though, they tend to play Bedford a lot... which is strange, because there's nothing here. :tHumBsBeeR:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top