Good songs by bands you hate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah yes, i seem to recall they were wearing hearing aids and in the final scene he was battered to death by a bouquet of gladioli ?

Now, thats entertainment.

 
This Charming Man - The Smiths complete bunch of w*nk the Smiths and Morrissey listened to by pseudo intellectuals from middle England drowning in their own self pity and morose.
That's what you think Tea Bar - just look at the headlines we used to make

smiths-fans.jpg


If you can't understand it then take it from me, it was all red hot action and those ladies never forgot us!

 
stereophonics is a great shout, but I can't stand that Dakota song. Bar tender and the theif is their one song for me, but they are very average

I never got into teh happy mondays much either, I just couldn't stand the non singing of Shaun Ryder and found bez pointless (isuppose that was part of their charm). But kinky afro is great "son I'm 30 I only got with your mum coz she's dirty" is a trememndous lyric, and never even bothered with black grape

Iain brown's solo stuff, i feel, isn't that good either, and was never into "FEAR" but quite liked MY Star (except for the astronaut talking in the middle of the song).

Queen have some great singles but never really got into them, but I like most of their singles. Flash will always conjure up visions of Brian Blessed in shorts and a bird uniform!!

Travis, where do I start. The man who was initially a great album, but when they came out with the invisible band, it was just more of the same crap! But there are some stand out tracks on the man who, their first album was pretty ordinary also.

Libertines. even though they were produced by former clash member Mick Jones (i think) they never really did anything for me. Probably because pete doherty, to me, is a twat! Horrorshow is a decent track though

I'm sure I can come up with more, but that will do for now

 
I LOVED the Stone Roses but Ian Brown is completely pointless and morbid .

Im trying to think of a Stereophonics track i like but cant .

Queen were a decent enough band in the early days but sold out to the mainstream . ''One Vision '' is brilliant , saw them do it live in 1986 at Wembley ....Memorable ......Then Freddie went all Kareokie doing dreadful Elvis . And Brian May eh , the most irritating plonker ever.

Im horrified Chippy remembers Peter Shelly , not the talented one from The Buzzcocks , but the one hes mentioned was in fact Alvin Stardust's manager . Bet ya never knew that Chippy , or maybe your a secret Alvin fan yeah ?
icon_razz.gif


Radiohead , totally and utterly overated and personally i cant understand how their first 2 albums became so Big . Although Creep wasnt that bad .

Wet Wet Wet . Typical bland predictable pop , but i did like ''Wishing i was lucky ''

Anything by the Undertones , except ''Teenage kicks '' great track but their other material was complete sh*tE . You always get the students with their ''Im loike soo into loike your tunes man , loike do you have any Tones man '' ??

Aerosmith , ''Walk this way '' is still a gem but thats it for me really .

Girls , Girls , Girls by Motley Crew , great fun and typical of them . Tried to like their other material but couldnt get it . The one thing i did like about them though was their outragous side . Absolute nutters . Once nailed the entire contents of a hotel room to the celing for the crack . Even Ozzie found them over the top .

Anything by Brian Adams apart from ''Dont give it up '' with dance producers Chicane . Took a 132 BPM to get him cool on dancefloors .

''Band on the run '' ''Live and let die '' , only 2 tracks by wings that stood out for me .

Travis , again f****** art student crap . Although there was one song i did like .......Cant remember now .

''I dont like Mondays '' Boomtown Rats i thought was excellent . My mates refused to speak to me for weeks because i admitted to liking a rats song but i didnt give a toss , everyone of them supported Leeds .

 
great shouts on boomtown rats and teenage kicks, best the undertones ever did. Other memorables by the undertones, erm...jimmy jimmy?

 
This Charming Man - The Smiths complete bunch of w*nk the Smiths and Morrissey listened to by pseudo intellectuals from middle England drowning in their own self pity and morose.
Respect TBB - there was me thinking I was the only one on here with those kind-a-thoughts

 
This Charming Man - The Smiths complete bunch of w*nk the Smiths and Morrissey listened to by pseudo intellectuals from middle England drowning in their own self pity and morose.
And you need to add "and sexless existence" according to Loz's last post.

 
Girls , Girls , Girls by Motley Crew , great fun and typical of them . Tried to like their other material but couldnt get it . The one thing i did like about them though was their outragous side . Absolute nutters . Once nailed the entire contents of a hotel room to the celing for the crack . Even Ozzie found them over the top .
You wanna read 'The Dirt' mate. Sod Sallinger or Bukowski, this is quite simply the best best book i have ever read.

 
Prefab Sprout - words cannot express how much I used to hate this disinfected MOR disguised as intelligent music. But I loved 'Faron Young'.

U2 - God I loathe these tossers. Single-handedly responsible for taking music into the incredible realms of 'the most important weapon in the battle against injustice, poverty, hatred and murder. My thoughts obviously count for nothing since they're fronted by Jesus. Love 'Angel of Harlem', though.

Oasis - As a songwriter myself, I've always made it my mission to discard any tune I pen which sounds anything remotely like someone else's. Not a maxim that Noel Gallagher's ever worried about, mind. His band are the champions of thick ugly original behaviour which I deplore. 'Half a World Away' is wonderful, though.

More to follow....

 
I did appear in a Jam video if that makes it any better ?
really ?
Yep . Not going to tell you the track so you and Loz can track it down on you tube it is a bit embarrassing I was only 9 at the time but it is a funny story ! Maybe on the 17th after a few beers I will let you know

 
great shouts on boomtown rats and teenage kicks, best the undertones ever did. Other memorables by the undertones, erm...jimmy jimmy?
So ture . Jimmy Jimmy does have one good feature in the video one of the blokes wear's a Chelsea kit .

 
great shouts on boomtown rats and teenage kicks, best the undertones ever did. Other memorables by the undertones, erm...jimmy jimmy?
Good stuff, I also liked 'My Perfect Cousin'

 
Can't believe this anti-Undertones vibe. Aside from Teenage Kicks, Jimmy Jimmy and My Perfect Cousin, you've also got....

1. Here Comes The Summer

2. You've Got My Number

3. Wednesday Week

4. Got to Have You Back

5. There Goes Norman

And they gave rise to That Petrol Emotion.

 
Can't believe this anti-Undertones vibe. Aside from Teenage Kicks, Jimmy Jimmy and My Perfect Cousin, you've also got....1. Here Comes The Summer

2. You've Got My Number

3. Wednesday Week

4. Got to Have You Back

5. There Goes Norman

And they gave rise to That Petrol Emotion.
Don't forget 'Mars Bars'...
icon_lol.gif


 
Can't believe this anti-Undertones vibe. Aside from Teenage Kicks, Jimmy Jimmy and My Perfect Cousin, you've also got....1. Here Comes The Summer

2. You've Got My Number

3. Wednesday Week

4. Got to Have You Back

5. There Goes Norman

And they gave rise to That Petrol Emotion.
Don't forget 'Mars Bars'...
icon_lol.gif
Wasn't that Marianne Faithfull?
169.gif


 
I absolutely HATE Queen and U2 but I love the songs 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen and 'The Sweetest Thing' by U2.

The Queen song reminds me of tacky pub discos and me dancing (or trying to) in really high stilettos when I was younger!

The U2 song reminds me of when I left school (shows my age, I am a lot younger than most of you lot!! Love you all really!)
icon_wink.gif


 
The U2 song reminds me of when I left school (shows my age, I am a lot younger than most of you lot!! Love you all really!)
icon_wink.gif
Your never 30 odd Rizza ?? It is one of there early tracks ! I am sure clubhappy or Liam will tell us when they orginaly recorded it .

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top