Greatest Guitar Riffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Feelgood - She Does It Right

Baffles me how Wilko Johnson plays guitar like that.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
A fefew more:

Sweet Jane - Velvet Underground

Stay Free - The Clash

Green Onions - Booker T & The MGS

Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix

Every Time You Walk In The Room - Blly J Kramer & The Dakotas

The Savage - The Shadows

Sheep (the bit at the end) - Pink Floyd

 
Whirlpools End - Paul Weller. Especially from about 4 mins in.....

 
Last edited by a moderator:
A fefew more:

Sweet Jane - Velvet Underground

Stay Free - The Clash

Green Onions - Booker T & The MGS

Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix

Every Time You Walk In The Room - Blly J Kramer & The Dakotas

The Savage - The Shadows

Sheep (the bit at the end) - Pink Floyd

Lofty, it was seeing this post that caused me to re-visit 'Machine Gun' after a long period of time.

I'd forgotten just how fantastic it is. Thanks mate!!
 
Machine Gun happens to be one of the best covers I've ever heard. On a live Isley Brothers album that I haven't seen or heard for donkey's years. It was actually a medley of Machine Gun and Neil Young's Ohio ... if you know the two songs you can probably imagine how well they fit together ... imagine did I say? Well guess what:

I'm not sure if this is the same version I had but it's pretty damn good either way.

Ernie Isley on guitar ...

 
Here's a few that stand out for me:My Generation, Can't Explain - the Who

Alright Now, Wishing Well - Free

China Grove, Long Train Runnin - Doobie Brothers

American Girl, I Need To Know - Tom Petty

Rosalie, The Rocker, Don't Believe A Word, Genocide (I could go on) - Thin Lizzy (masters of the rock riff)

It says'ere, Accident Waiting To Happen - Billy Bragg

Hey Hey, My My, Cinnamon Girl, Rockin' in the Free World - Neil Young

Answering Machine, bar stewards of Young - Replacements

Gimme Shelter, Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Stones

Love Spreads - Stone Roses

One More Time - Joe Jackson

Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf

Devil's answer - Atomic Rooster

The One's That You Love Lead You Nowhere - Del Amitri

Bad To The Bone - George Thorogood

Oh Well - Fleetwood Mac

Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull

The One I Love - REM

Town Called malice - The Jam
I love Locomotive Breath. Don't know if I understand the lyrics, but that is one great song!

 
CCR - Fortunate Son, Love the start of the song

Rush - Fly By Night

Plastic Bertrand - Ça plane pour moi

 
CCR - Fortunate Son, Love the start of the song
That's another great one.

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

Smiths - What Difference Does It Make

Stones - Satisfaction

Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

JJ Cale/ Eric Clapton - Cocaine

Pretty Vacant - The Sex Pistols

Gimme Some Lovin - The Spencer Davis Group

20th Century Boy - T. Rex

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Feelgood - She Does It RightBaffles me how Wilko Johnson plays guitar like that.
Dr Feelgood.. :D Easy the best band of all time.

why are all this riffs electric ?

I am going for Throwing up my Hands Rev. Gary Davis.. stunning; or Charley Patton, High Water, when he just beats ten tonnes of crap out of his guitar.

 
and which bit of "name just one" did all you muppets fail to understand?????? eh? eh? eh?

 
and which bit of "name just one" did all you muppets fail to understand?????? eh? eh? eh?
hey, i only put one. less of the `all` you sod. though the rest of them are muppets..... :P

 
hey, i only put one. less of the `all` you sod. though the rest of them are muppets..... :P
Well, excuse me, DKW, Moi also put down only one - Wild Thing by the Trogs, if you care to check.

So that's at least TWO of us who aren't muppets!

Though YorkleyBlue may be a POF.

 
Well, excuse me, DKW, Moi also put down only one - Wild Thing by the Trogs, if you care to check. So that's at least TWO of us who aren't muppets!

Though YorkleyBlue may be a POF.
a POF? what on earth is a POF? puddle of fudge? packet of figs?

 
Three moi, I put one too. So Muppets, please come forward!

bunsen_beaker-full.jpg


 
That is in fact me and Loz planning world domination!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top