Homeland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zola

I am Zola.
Messages
20,806
Reaction score
3,097
Any of you watching this?

I really enjoyed season 1 and season 2. This season I have found it rather dull and I naturally find myself drifting onto my phone to come on here or to read news. If you've been watching can you kindly sum it up for me?

My basic understanding of it is:

**spoiler alert**

Carrie Mathison is having all sorts of mental issues, she is having an internal battle..has she lost it, is she getting her sh*t back together.... meanwhile Brody is on the run, but being kept basically as a prisoner somewhere in South America, where he cannot leave.

Saul 'sold out' Carrie in court by saying shes not mentally stable etc in order to save his skin and others, or maybe to protect her, who knows.

So.... this is the bit I don't get (probably as my concentration levels waned)... who are these questionable people who approached Carrie and got her out of the hospital, and why? Has any sort of motive been revealed as to who they are etc? Do they somehow outrank the CIA? Are they another part of the CIA?

Also at the end of the last episode Carrie got taken away by some foreign terrorists/thugs, and it cut to Saul talking on the phone about it with a sinister type smile saying "shes always been alone." Are we supposed to take this as a twist.... in that Saul is trying to now get rid / kill her?

I haven't a clue whats going on anymore to be honest.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Stick with it as it will make sense in the next episode, and if you cant wait until next week you can always PM me for a link.

 
You're right, this season is a bit perplexing.  But you had obviously lost concentration earlier on  in the last episode.  There is a scene where Saul is talking with Peter Quinn and reveals that the whole Carrie "mad" story was contrived - Carrie is under cover - going deep - going dark - whatever you want to call it.

But like you, I am beginning to lose patience!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
But aren't there scenes where shes by herself and she is cracking up all over the place? Situation stress perhaps?

Were the people who got her out of the hospital part of Saul's team?

I could go and watch those two episodes again, but I'm not going to!

 
I just finished season 1, heard season 2 isnt nearly as good?

Im starting to wonder myself what can actually happen now after that first season, thought the ending was really bad and left the whole bloody season to waste it felt like.

 
You're right, this season is a bit perplexing.  But you had obviously lost concentration earlier on  in the last episode.  There is a scene where Saul is talking with Peter Quinn and reveals that the whole Carrie "mad" story was contrived - Carrie is under cover - going deep - going dark - whatever you want to call it.

But like you, I am beginning to lose patience!
Some countries are not as up to date as some others, im in England but i watch the American stream every monday morning as they are infront of us.

 
I was hoping for less of the Brody family this season, but oh well. Otherwise I like the new season even with the slow start.

Also I must add that I absolutely love the music in this show.

 
I agree with Undertow.  I could do without the Brody family.  From the minute I first saw her I thought Jessica Brody was far too prissy for Brody - and nothing has yet happened to make me change my mind.

I watched the first two seasons on DVD and I am beginning to wish I hadn't started watching Season 3 on the telly.  I like being able to watch two or three episodes in a row so as to get the continuity.

 
I've just caught up with this and to me the situation appears to be:

Saul has asked Carrie to play the role of a 'broken' unreliable agent to attract the attention of Iranian intelligence who want to know, from Carrie, how the CIA identified the six terrorists taken out earlier in the series (in the drone attacks). Saul wants to get direct access to the Deputy Head of Iranian Intelligence (the guy with the goatee) to blackmail him over his stealing Iranian Govt. money. The plan has mis-fired as the Iranians have carrie. Meanwhile, Saul has two weeks before the idiot senator takes over the CIA. Brodie is presumably becoming addicted to drugs in his Venezuelan cell.

I think...

 
The third season was a dud...don't know what the writers and producers were thinking of, certainly seemed like they were making it up as they went along...shame really....the first season was so good and it's been going downhill ever since...not sure what they can do to get back on track in season four

 
Third season was hard enough going at times, as you said Brit the writters seemed to making it up as they went along. 

All in all I have enjoyed Homeland and think it finished well but I dont know if I'll bother with series 4 when it comes along

as I think it has run its course.

 
I  was given a box set of Dead Like Me for Christmas - there's a character in it called Rube, who looked incredibly familiar.

 Suddenly it dawned on me - it's Saul from Homeland. I had to stop watching series 3 because I went away to Poland. But I shall  buy it on DVD when it comes out and watch it in one fell swoop if I can.

I also got Serues 1 and 2 of Game Of Thrones and have been watching them back to back.

 
I  was given a box set of Dead Like Me for Christmas - there's a character in it called Rube, who looked incredibly familiar.

 Suddenly it dawned on me - it's Saul from Homeland. I had to stop watching series 3 because I went away to Poland. But I shall  buy it on DVD when it comes out and watch it in one fell swoop if I can.

I also got Serues 1 and 2 of Game Of Thrones and have been watching them back to back.

Game of Thrones is something I have been meaning to watch for a while now but just cant get round to it.

Its filmed over here and I know a few people who do some casual work for them, set work, extras etc.

Just dont think its my sort of thing, im saying that without having veiwed a single minute.

Would you recommend it Moi.

 
Game of Thrones is something I have been meaning to watch for a while now but just cant get round to it.

Its filmed over here and I know a few people who do some casual work for them, set work, extras etc.

Just dont think its my sort of thing, im saying that without having veiwed a single minute.

Would you recommend it Moi.

Yes I would, but I should warn you there is an awful lot of female nakedness in it!  Totally unnecessary in my opinion!

It's not world class, won't be winning any prizes, but I really get sucked into the history of the imaginary countries.

And Tyrion Lannister is delightful!  

 
Game of thrones is very addictive, well worth a watch and not just for the Totty!

 
Yes I would, but I should warn you there is an awful lot of female nakedness in it! Totally unnecessary in my opinion!

It's not world class, won't be winning any prizes, but I really get sucked into the history of the imaginary countries.

And Tyrion Lannister is delightful!
There is an awful lot of male nakedness in it! Totally unnecessary in my opinion!

;-)

I agree on Tyrion though, fantastic character.

 
There is an awful lot of male nakedness in it! Totally unnecessary in my opinion!

;-)

I agree on Tyrion though, fantastic character.

I want Tyrion to end up as King of the Seven Kingdoms!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top