Horror flicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mist was really good. Only downside was the less than great special effects. The tentacles were laughable. Still, it was great.
Agreed, if only the effects were up to scratch. But still, you can't help but feel absolutely gutted for him at the end.

 
I'm not a fan of torture porn either. Just don't see what the attraction is in those films.

As for the Alien saga, RBJ I suggest you watch the first two movies. The third one is still a pretty decent effort, but it really should have ended after that. The fourth one is just a huge mess and I'm shocked that Jean-Pierre Jeunet took the directing job because the story is simply awful.

 
As for the Alien saga, RBJ I suggest you watch the first two movies. The third one is still a pretty decent effort, but it really should have ended after that. The fourth one is just a huge mess and I'm shocked that Jean-Pierre Jeunet took the directing job because the story is simply awful.
After my exams in the summer, I'm going to go all out in enhancing my film knowledge. Alien is a must. The Exorcist is a must. The Shining is a must.

 
The Omen was myfavourite growing up, and it still is. THe rope scene, and the photograph development scene are great. And who doesn't love a good decapitation?

 
The Hills Have Eyes was the most gruesome film I have watched.

Both the Hostel films come close too.

 
The Omen was myfavourite growing up, and it still is. THe rope scene, and the photograph development scene are great. And who doesn't love a good decapitation?
Yeah, that scene is amazing. Made me completely lose my head... :D

 
Watched both The Hills Have Eyes movies, Wish I would never have watched them.

Could of been an alright movie if it wasn't for the disturbing rape scenes in both movies, just disgusting and pissed me off to watch that crap.

 
Not particularly scary but always liked the 2nd Hellraiser film Hellbound with the evil doctor. Great scene when he comes out of the portal into the insane asylum. The other Hellraisers weren't too good though

 
Nice to see the absense of folks promoting slasher flicks! I don't find them scary either.

Another frightening one:

doq9v8.jpg


 
I really like the tagline ;)

"If this one doesn't scare you...

You're Already Dead!"

 
I rarely ever get scared by horror flicks, most of them are just slashers, same story basically.

The ones that can really get to me are The Grudge, The Ring, Paranormal Activity and.. ahh whats the name again? Witch something, filmed from a video camera all the time, about 3 teenages going out in the woods to find the supposedly 'Witch' that lives there. You might find me silly for getting scared while watching these movies. Im just really weak for japanese girls with long black hair, white pale skin and their scary ass looks, and for the witch one, it just feels shockingly real.

I remember the name now, Blair witch project.

 
I rarely ever get scared by horror flicks, most of them are just slashers, same story basically.The ones that can really get to me are The Grudge, The Ring, Paranormal Activity and.. ahh whats the name again? Witch something, filmed from a video camera all the time, about 3 teenages going out in the woods to find the supposedly 'Witch' that lives there. You might find me silly for getting scared while watching these movies. Im just really weak for japanese girls with long black hair, white pale skin and their scary ass looks, and for the witch one, it just feels shockingly real.

I remember the name now, Blair witch project.
I was disappointed by that. I really wanted to be petrified by it, but I wasn't. Very underwhelming.

 
I was disappointed by that. I really wanted to be petrified by it, but I wasn't. Very underwhelming.
Me too. I give them credits for trying and for once giving us a horror movie without loads of deaths and blood everywhere. But it wasn't good enough. The "scary" parts were few and too far apart. Not at all scary during the day scenes.

Besides, the boyfriend was such an a*sehole that I couldn't care less what happened to him.

 
"IT" gave me nightmares for weeks on end and I was 10 at the time.

Never saw The Shining but have listened to the audiobook, its REALLY good, kinda spooky as well. Knowing Jack Nicholson, his portrayal must be outta this world!

 
I've enjoyed most of the Stephen King films, The Shining, Carrie, Deadzone etc. but the only one scarier than the book was Salems Lot.

Jaws put me off swimming in the sea, The Omen put me off kids!

 
Actually The Stand was quite weak, but then again, with the book being so kick-ass, it was always a hard act to follow. The Marvel take on it is not bad though.

 
Just saw "The Wolfman" with Benicio Del Toro and Sir Anthony Hopkins.

Seems to have gotten some bad reviews, but fark the critics. This movie was excellent in its tribute to the original. and Del Toro even resembles Lon Chaney Jr a bit! I found it quite scary, and the cornerstone of werewolf movies, the transformation, didn't disappoint.

Since the setting included 1891 London, I imagine most of the folks killed by the Wolfman were probably Gooners. Which means this could be considered a comedy.

2rcoac4.jpg


 
Last edited by a moderator:
not really a horror movie but ken russell's "the devils" got to me in a way few movies have managed to do. the scene i'm referring to of course comes towards the end of the movie with oliver reed being horrifically and graphically burned at the stake. this to me is far more terrifying than any number of freddie krugers, jasons or any other slasher you care to mention.

i saw it at the pictures when i was 14. it was difficult to disagree with one of my mates from school who'd seen it before me described "the devils" as "more of an experience than a film".

 
Yeah Stride, the fact that it messed you up at 14 and stays with you qualifies that for inclusion.

I admired the wierdness of Russell's movies. How about Lisztomania! I was pretty scared by Uncle Ernie (but miss Keith Moon).

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top