I guess it will be time to 'opt-in' then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this against the freedom of information?
I'm sure chinless Dave and friends have some long winded wordy way of saying it isn't. 

It's all very well them going on this moral crusade against the internet but honestly, I think there are much better ways to go about this.

Rather than just blanket banning "adult" content when you subscribe to an ISP why not make part of the subscription process asking the customer if they want this content made available?

Put the onus on the people supplying rather than criminalising the general public. 

 
I'm sure chinless Dave and friends have some long winded wordy way of saying it isn't. 

It's all very well them going on this moral crusade against the internet but honestly, I think there are much better ways to go about this.

Rather than just blanket banning "adult" content when you subscribe to an ISP why not make part of the subscription process asking the customer if they want this content made available?

Put the onus on the people supplying rather than criminalising the general public. 

But why should I have to answer questions about my Internet requirements?  Will there be an option for me to say "Yes, I want it, but you do understand it's not for me, it;'s in case Valerie ever comes to stay with me, because I know she will want access to it?"

 
But why should I have to answer questions about my Internet requirements?  Will there be an option for me to say "Yes, I want it, but you do understand it's not for me, it;'s in case Valerie ever comes to stay with me, because I know she will want access to it?"
From the top of my head the ISP as part of the registration process could include a question along the lines of.

"Your internet will be unable to access content deemed unsuitable for children. Would you like this restriction to remain in place or would you like to remove the restriction?" 

Not invasive but the option is there to automatically implement parental controls should you wish but also worded in a way where the reasoning for possibly wanting to restrict your content access is explained. 

 
"Your internet will be unable to access content deemed unsuitable for children. Would you like this restriction to remain in place or would you like to remove the restriction?" 
Condense it to : Are you a responsible parent or someone who thinks everything else must be catered to for your precious little child.

It's not hard for a parent to restrict what their children can access.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Condense it to : Are you a responsible parent or someone who thinks everything else must be catered to for your precious little child.

It's not hard for a parent to restrict what their children can access.
I think the restriction is completely unnecessary full stop. 

However if chinless Dave insists on pushing this through for whatever reason then it should be on the ISP provider to ask if you want it in place rather than us, the consumers to say we don't want it. 

 
But why should I have to answer questions about my Internet requirements? Will there be an option for me to say "Yes, I want it, but you do understand it's not for me, it;'s in case Valerie ever comes to stay with me, because I know she will want access to it?"
Exactly, porn is a social human right ;-)

Cue the posts about it demeaning women, children and sheep...

 
Im in the conspiracy camp. If you are automatically opted in then they don't have to request permission for the next thing they want to control, cleverly worded and modified into this act   :good2:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Its a guise to give the government more direct access to legally screen what people are accessing online. With all the major companies out there * think sky sports * complaining about their loss of revenue due to pirate sites what better way to stop all these sites than to dress it up as a PORN BUSTER FOR FAMILIES. If you agree to this you might aswell go back to playing ludo for what use your PC will end up being. If everyone opts in then freedom of information prevails. Id be interested to hear how they are selling this point in other parts of Europe/ The World where people dont have such draconian views of the word Sex.

 
Im a little confused with this all. Shall i opt in or opt out?

 
It's ridiculous!  I have never felt the need to view porn on the Internet, but I bitterly resent being told that I have to inform anonymous groups of people of my desire to view or not to view. MYOB,YW!

 
It's ridiculous!  I have never felt the need to view porn on the Internet, but I bitterly resent being told that I have to inform anonymous groups of people of my desire to view or not to view. MYOB,YW!
That's it in a nut-shell, and I'm concerned this could be setting a precedent for further state-censorship of the internet in the future.

I'm quite surprised about how muted the opposition has been against this, at least publicly. I guess people might be wary of speaking out in case they get labelled as a pervert, something Cameron was probably well aware of.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
You could wait for it: a Christian party in the Netherlands have called on the government to have internet porn blocked similar to the UK. So far I haven't read a response from either the government nor opposition parties, but the responses from Joe Public seem in majority to be Go f**k yourselves, you hypocritical evangelical creeps :-)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Scary stuff if they manage to block it, more governments will probably follow and in the end we might see loads of other stuff being blocked!

Don't let them do it.

 
The PC brigade seriously need to just go and f**k themselves.

I couldn't give a toss about those magazines as I never read them -utter garbage.

But loosely covering up up things like this and cigs is gonna do nothing but make kids want to see/do it more.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top