Inane use of moving pictures

That's rich coming from you, the king of memes!

IE

High school kids on Facebook > SydneyChelsea

Bunch of f**king moaners here ain't there? It is an Internet forum! You wait till you get real problems to deal with!

 
My forum pet hate?

Replies that are a link to an article and nothing else, often to the Daily Mail.

A short sentence to sum the content of the article is all I ask. 

 
Really? That really bothers you does it?

 
Really? That really bothers you does it?
Yeah! 

And do you know what else! Restaurants asking me if I wish to leave "gratuity" when paying by credit card, as if that's ever going to end up going to the waiter/waitress who served me.

And another thing, people standing on the walking side of escalators on the underground, even if you don't use them everyday the millions of "stand on the right" signs should be a hint. 

 
My forum pet hate?

Replies that are a link to an article and nothing else, often to the Daily Mail.

A short sentence to sum the content of the article is all I ask. 
Bad netiquette is what it is, I always ignore those posts. And in the case of the Daily Mail website, a copy-paste of the text from the article takes a couple of seconds and would save people having to visit that cesspool.

 
Bad netiquette is what it is, I always ignore those posts. And in the case of the Daily Mail website, a copy-paste of the text from the article takes a couple of seconds and would save people having to visit that cesspool.

In the case of the Faily Mail, it would be far better simply to put the the whole thing on ignore and not post links to any of its moronic articles, nor make any reference to their fictitious gossip.

Make this a Daily Fail Free Zone!

 
With a few changes...

In the case of the Faily Mail Twitter, it would be far better simply to put the the whole thing on ignore and not post links to any of its moronic articles tweets, nor make any reference to their fictitious gossip.
...it's still true!

Ok, the tweets from the players are good, but the rumour tweets from the likes of Tancredi Palmeri are just waste of space in a thread.

 
With a few changes...

...it's still true!

Ok, the tweets from the players are good, but the rumour tweets from the likes of Tancredi Palmeri are just waste of space in a thread.

I agree with that too, Maks, but the two are not mutually exclusive!  No need to erase my Daily Fail ban, just add Twatter to it!

 
I agree with that too, Maks, but the two are not mutually exclusive!  No need to erase my Daily Fail ban, just add Twatter to it!
I didn't say they were. Just noticed that with a few tweaks your post works in that context as well.

 
I didn't say they were. Just noticed that with a few tweaks your post works in that context as well.

OK, silly Moi, thinking that a line through Faily Mail meant you were erasing it!   :happy001:

 
OK, silly Moi, thinking that a line through Faily Mail meant you were erasing it!   :happy001:
No, I just wanted to leave the original words there as well. I thought it would make my point clearer, but apparently I was wrong... :happy001:

 
No, I just wanted to leave the original words there as well. I thought it would make my point clearer, but apparently I was wrong... :happy001:

Not like you to be wrong, Maks!   :rofl:

 
I don't hate GIFs. For one thing, they amuse me. Sure, there are some which may not amuse me and which will be irrelevent to the thread. As someone pointed out, it may also be a problem for those on mobile devices. So all we can do is request them to post images that are relevent.

 
yes they are truly atrocious.

I know a picture is meant to say a thousand words but when those words are 'I am a witless idiot' repeated over and over it does begin to grate.

these people are basically the same lot that relentlessly parrot dire television catchphrases whenever there is an almost imperceptible pause in what I suppose we'd have to describe as a 'conversation'*.

they're inescapable.

*I say 'conversation' but if you placed two fruit machines opposite one another you'd end up with pretty much the same level of discourse.

If you have read through this thread, you will have found this response, which says it all so beautifully that there is no point in my trying to improve upon it.

The articulate written response or the inarticulate twitching image?

 
I'm not entirely sure why users just post to make inane belittling remarks. If that's all they care about then why don't they go somewhere else where they feel they are amongst peers & not the scum on their shoe?

I mean if I felt other people were I don't know, "witless idiots", then why would I keep on posting or visiting the site? I cannot fathom an answer.

Also people quoting people you block is annoying.

 
Back
Top