Ipswich Town vs Chelsea (PL) Monday 30th Dec 24 19:45 GMT

We’ve gone out on a whimper here, season defining run. 

City are coming back and they will get a top 4 spot without a doubt, Arse guaranteed. It’s going to be an absolute sh*tshow akin to the Championship playoffs for that singular place in the UCL.

 
Even Spurs ans Wolves scored against them when they lost to them. I thought my 2-1 was safe in the Zeta thread, we gotta score we are one of the leagues top scorers.

But no, clearly my optimism in our attackers is misplaced.

3 games and no goals for anyone not named Cole Palmer. 

Mud Brothers, banter FC is back, hello United and Spurs!

 
To make matters worse if we’d have done a proper job and comfortable beat Ipswich Jackson wouldnt have played a minute and Rogers would have come in for him in my fantasy football team.  

 
Our dreams slashed in a matter of days.. At least we dreamt for a bit eh?

I still think we'll be top four at the end though. I want to believe, COYB. 

 
The penalty was a shocking decision just watched it again.. I hope maresca calls out the incompetent bunch.. just keeps happening to us.. after the coote and clattenburg episodes everyone knows these fcks can be influenced .. 

 
I'm in the minority here as I think we were done by a non existent penalty, Disasi the clown and some bad luck. We were nothing special but conceded two goals out of nowhere. It's just a blip in form for a very young squad and we'll learn from it. England will 99,99% get an extra UCL spot next season and top five is safe for us IMHO as I don't see Forest keeping the pace with all the others.

Happy new year everybody! 
1 point for the last 9 (against dross) is certainly not top 4 form. I’ll be amazed if we get top 4 from here. Can’t score, can’t defend. This has “dropping off a cliff” written all over it. 

 
I thought Colwill was poor tonight tbh
He’s been poor for a while, thought he had more in the locker than this, maybe that long commute from his family home in Southampton every day is taking it’s toll.

 
Like someone said earlier, done by a bad decision in the 1st half but 2nd half was terrible.

We peaked at 2nd in the table and players think they have enough talent to not match the oppositions work rate.

I said at half time whether we’d have the maturity to rise above a soft penalty.

Truly horrible day football wise.

 
Really not sure why so much focus on Felix tonight.   He certainly wasn't great but at the very least Nkunku, Madueke, Enzo, Colwill, and Tosin were all much worse. 
Agree, although I’d swap Tosin with Disasi in that list.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Even Spurs ans Wolves scored against them when they lost to them. I thought my 2-1 was safe in the Zeta thread, we gotta score we are one of the leagues top scorers.

But no, clearly my optimism in our attackers is misplaced.

3 games and no goals for anyone not named Cole Palmer. 

Mud Brothers, banter FC is back, hello United and Spurs!
Charity FC more like, if Spurs are Spursy, then Charity FC has defined us for the last 10 years. 

 
The penalty was a shocking decision just watched it again.. I hope maresca calls out the incompetent bunch.. just keeps happening to us.. after the coote and clattenburg episodes everyone knows these fcks can be influenced .. 
I'm not sure the officials have been influenced to favour Ipswich this season at all.

O

 
I can't believe I am saying this but aside from the defence, we need attacking reinforcement badly... 

If Palmer is not having a good game, all the rest looks like headless chickens.

 
Back
Top