Colwill may have better potential but he isn't better than Ake right now. Saying that, last thing on our mind should be to sell him. We already sold Guehi (who I think is fantastic) and Tomori in hindsight on the cheap and should not be selling any of our key academy products.Yup spend 50mill on Ake and sell a better play in Colwill to Southampton for 25mill, great example of TT knowhow that is if it happened
Would be smart for City to ask for him as a swap for Ake.Colwill may have better potential but he isn't better than Ake right now. Saying that, last thing on our mind should be to sell him. We already sold Guehi (who I think is fantastic) and Tomori in hindsight on the cheap and should not be selling any of our key academy products.
If we allow Colwill to leave it should be on loan only, and only once we have secured sufficient cover in defense. Lets not have another summer where we sell a bunch of talented young players and then find we have no cover in numerous positions later in the season.Colwill may have better potential but he isn't better than Ake right now. Saying that, last thing on our mind should be to sell him. We already sold Guehi (who I think is fantastic) and Tomori in hindsight on the cheap and should not be selling any of our key academy products.
If we're signing ake and I'm colwill, I'm asking to leave. This season needs to be him cementing himself as a PL player, if we're going to spend 30m or so on a player who is just a slightly older and more proven version of him, he has to know he's not in our plans.As frustrating as it would be to sell him, sincerely hope it doesn't happen, what what is it with these kids wanting everything handed to them on a plate? Seems like none of them want to try and fight for a place in the team they want to go somewhere they'll walk into the starting line up
Ake's 27 and Colwill is 19, if Colwill is as good as we think he is going to be there's no reason why in a couple of seasons he couldn't be a starter over Ake and he'll still only be 21If we're signing ake and I'm colwill, I'm asking to leave. This season needs to be him cementing himself as a PL player, if we're going to spend 30m or so on a player who is just a slightly older and more proven version of him, he has to know he's not in our plans.
And if he's a Gvardiol, or a De Ligt or a Kounde then he's already a starter at 19 and most probably showing he is every bit as good as they are ...Ake's 27 and Colwill is 19, if Colwill is as good as we think he is going to be there's no reason why in a couple of seasons he couldn't be a starter over Ake and he'll still only be 21
So then maybe he breaks through this season if he's that good, Tuchel will not purposely leave him out if he proves to be better than Ake. Also the players you've mentioned at 19 were not at elite clubs, Gvardiol at Leipzig, Kounde at Bordeaux and De Ligt at A**x. If you're a youth player at an elite club they have to accept that nobody is walking into the team especially at CB.And if he's a Gvardiol, or a De Ligt or a Kounde then he's already a starter at 19 and most probably showing he is every bit as good as they are ...
I would agree that it provides some cover that would allow us to send Colwill out on loan to maybe a Premier League club. I am OK with him going out on loan in those circumstances. My concern is that we let him leave on a permanent deal like we have done with players like Livramento and Guehi.I mean am i missing something obvious here? Wouldn't signing a 27 year old Ake for a relatively low fee who if his career so far is anything to go by won't be able to hold down a starting place long term a sign that there is faith in Colwill?
The reality is we have lost a lot of CB's and were never going to not sign atleast 2. One of them being Ake would make me feel more confident there's a clear path for Colwill not less.
He's on a 4 year deal currently. Livramento had 1 year remaining and Guehi too I believe? We have a lot of leverage in negotiating. At worst I can see us selling with a buy back.My concern is that we let him leave on a permanent deal like we have done with players like Livramento and Guehi.
I agree.Colwill should get a chance
Another loan would be ok, but he is Reece James level of quality at the same age and a season training and some games alongside Silva and possibly Koulibaly could be amazing for his development.Just finished watching some highlights and I gotta say he looks like a really classy defender. I hope if he leaves this summer it's only on loan or at least with a buy back clause.
Also I love the fact that he wore the number 26 jersey with Huddersfield.