Little forum update today.....

I have no idea whats happening.

Am looking to move hosts if this doesn't get sorted. I've been waiting over 3 hours for a reply to the support ticket.

 
We have a missing posts thread? How exciting! Can we all post about missing things? I can't find a letter about a medical appointment.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea whats happening.

Am looking to move hosts if this doesn't get sorted. I've been waiting over 3 hours for a reply to the support ticket.
If you need more funds to help just say, I’m sure there are a few of us good members who are happy to help out  :wink:

 
Cheers Munky! It will be some stress moving it as there is a few posts in the system now  :smile: but.... it needs to be done if stuff like this just happens out of the blue.

 
Cheers Munky! It will be some stress moving it as there is a few posts in the system now  :smile: but.... it needs to be done if stuff like this just happens out of the blue.
My quality of life would be lower without your efforts, Mod.

Oh god, my life is pretty pathetic, isn't it...

 
I'm going to spend this afternoon sorting this out so if you get any errors or anything, shout loud!

 
Well we need to hit that big 1.5 million mark quick!

 
  • Like
Reactions: moi
Hey Stark, just wanted to let you know I'm available too for any help with the forum if you need it. I think it's been acting up ever since you switched hosts but I'm not sure. The biggest issue seems to be the double posts which has been happening for quite a while now.

Maybe try a post time limit (a user being unable to post for X number of seconds after his/her last post), or check if a 'merge' option exists (this should merge posts made by the same person in the same thread within X number of seconds).

 
@Mod Stark I am quivering with shock! Did @cRyptic just address you as Stark?  Tantamount to addressing the Queen as WIndsor! Send him to the wall to take the black! Oh your Moduliciousness, your loyal subjects are outraged on your behalf. :shok:

 Also, too, as well, that @PloKoon13 is a cheeky wee bugger!

 
haha @moi have been called worse.

Good ideas with the plugins @cRyptic but I think it is sorted. When they upgraded to a later database and after importing the dump, they added the new database to the config, without taking off the old one  :blush2:  this confused everything and looked at two databases when submitting or viewing posts. If there is double posts to the extent as before, then it will need looking at again, but, I think it's sorted for now.

I'm still going through the server taking off old stuff, just to clear it up a bit.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dR3
@cRyptic  Fret not!  Just having a laugh!  His name is Mod - he added the surname Stark when we all got hooked on GOT!

 
  • Like
Reactions: dR3
Back
Top