Lofty's Wall of Sound - What are you listening to?

Steve

What you using to convert vinyl and cassettes? I have Magix, which is OK but very time-consuming!

Kev

 
SteveWhat you using to convert vinyl and cassettes? I have Magix, which is OK but very time-consuming!

Kev
I'm using Nero 7 - time consuming, but does a good job. I doubt if I'll live long enough to hear all of my vinyl on CD or iTunes!

 
This is what I'm listening to after the end of the Everton game!

 
Whar good taste you have RuhBuhJuh! Have you seen the French film The Red Balloon?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say I've even heard of it...
It's an old film - from late fifties? It has no words, so no problem understanding it (not that you would have anyway")

If you google it, it's on youtube - it was made in 1956 - you can watch it all.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's an old film - from late fifties? It has no words, so no problem understanding it (not that you would have anyway")
I just Wikipedia'd it, and it won a few Oscars, so it must be good. I'll have a look around for it! Any reason why you brought it up?

 
I just Wikipedia'd it, and it won a few Oscars, so it must be good. I'll have a look around for it! Any reason why you brought it up?
DOH! Because of the red balloons in the Rufus Wainwright video you posted! It's a bit "borrowed" from the classic film.

 
I love the Beatles version, but if you want to hear another version then here is Fiona Apple... who I've always found to be strangely attractive!

 
Just resumed converting my cassettes & vinyl to iTunes again. I haven't played the entire albums, but these are the latest I've done: -

The Animals - The Animals

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack

John Lennon - Rock'n'Roll

Gary Moore/Colisseum II - Streets And Walkways

Scorpions - Animal Magnetism

Saxon - Crusader

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant - No Quarter

plus, last but certainly not least,

Various Artists - Blues Roots: - British R'n'B

which includes tracks by The Graham Bond Organisation, Them, Dave Berry, Zoot Money, Chris Farlowe, Alexis Korner with Cyril Davies, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, The Small Faces, The Zombies, and more

 
Back
Top