Mike Penders

I am happy to keep sharing updates throughout his season. 

I'll also give a little bit of background and what type of goalkeeper he is next week when I have a bit more time for those that might be interested. 
Being a big lad interesting to know how good he is with his feet.  Can imagine him being a top goalie that we dismiss cause our manager wants to play out from the back.

 
Penders his biggest strength is his ball playing. He is left footed and has wide variety of long passes and short passes. Very calm under pressure despite his age. 

That being said. I was planning on sharing a deeper assessment, but it looks that his transfer might also collapse just like Samu (but for a different reasons) from what I'm hearing. So I'm going to hold it off until it does happen. 

 
That being said. I was planning on sharing a deeper assessment, but it looks that his transfer might also collapse just like Samu (but for a different reasons) from what I'm hearing. So I'm going to hold it off until it does happen. 
It's OK bud, if it's because of stupid owners and/or sporting directors then all good, no one is getting offended.

Lol

 
I was on needles and pins if this transfer was going to happen.  But it has been finalised and we have paid 17 million quid for a 19 year old keeper who we have now sent out on loan to where he was already playing.  So that must be top business right? Who were we bidding against I wonder.

 
What a relief! I was worried we were only going to have 3 keepers to shift in 4 days.

 
If he let's a ball go through his hands fo we call him Sus Penders?

 
I was on needles and pins if this transfer was going to happen.  But it has been finalised and we have paid 17 million quid for a 19 year old keeper who we have now sent out on loan to where he was already playing.  So that must be top business right? Who were we bidding against I wonder.
I’m almost tempted to watch his one (1) senior game with Genk, must have been some performance!

 
For those interested. Here is a link with the highlights from Jong Genk last weekend. 

Jong Genk is the youth squad from Genk. Therefore the small audience. 

That being said. He still played against an adult team as Jong Genk plays in the second division (the championship of Belgium). Which is a  competition of prof clubs with 3 youth teams. Genk being on of them. 

Penders started off playing for the 1st squad, but the coach decided that due to the negotiations with Chelsea, to play the other goalkeeper in the first team instead. Don't think this will happen much longer as Penders is clearly a few levels above. 

Having watched the entire game. Played again a good game.

Highlights Jong Genk last weekend.

 
For those interested. Here is a link with the highlights from Jong Genk last weekend. 

Jong Genk is the youth squad from Genk. Therefore the small audience. 

That being said. He still played against an adult team as Jong Genk plays in the second division (the championship of Belgium). Which is a  competition of prof clubs with 3 youth teams. Genk being on of them. 

Penders started off playing for the 1st squad, but the coach decided that due to the negotiations with Chelsea, to play the other goalkeeper in the first team instead. Don't think this will happen much longer as Penders is clearly a few levels above. 

Having watched the entire game. Played again a good game.

Highlights Jong Genk last weekend.
Great save from him at about the 50 second mark. Cheers for posting the video !

 
For those interested. Here is a link with the highlights from Jong Genk last weekend. 

Jong Genk is the youth squad from Genk. Therefore the small audience. 

That being said. He still played against an adult team as Jong Genk plays in the second division (the championship of Belgium). Which is a  competition of prof clubs with 3 youth teams. Genk being on of them. 

Penders started off playing for the 1st squad, but the coach decided that due to the negotiations with Chelsea, to play the other goalkeeper in the first team instead. Don't think this will happen much longer as Penders is clearly a few levels above. 

Having watched the entire game. Played again a good game.

Highlights Jong Genk last weekend.
Thank you!

Great save from him at about the 50 second mark. Cheers for posting the video !
What a save that was! Incredible

 
Thank you!

What a save that was! Incredible
I understand that from the outside.  It looks a bit of a strange transfer. 20 mil for a youngster that only played 1 game for the first team. 

But he did play already 2 seasons against professional adults. 

And last season he had a bunch of similar saves on crucial moments in the game that were result decisive.  

He has some amazing reflexes and despite being a double meter. He can go very fast to the ground. This and the fact that he is not easily phased by circumstances are probably the biggest similarities that he has with Courtois. 

Well that and the fact that we bought Courtois also from Genk. 😁

As for his character. The total opposite from Thibaut. He is loved by everyone in the club and not just by their wags. 

 
I understand that from the outside.  It looks a bit of a strange transfer. 20 mil for a youngster that only played 1 game for the first team. 

But he did play already 2 seasons against professional adults. 

And last season he had a bunch of similar saves on crucial moments in the game that were result decisive.  

He has some amazing reflexes and despite being a double meter. He can go very fast to the ground. This and the fact that he is not easily phased by circumstances are probably the biggest similarities that he has with Courtois. 

Well that and the fact that we bought Courtois also from Genk. 😁

As for his character. The total opposite from Thibaut. He is loved by everyone in the club and not just by their wags. 
Glad to hear it - especially about his character 👍

 
Only three laughs. Tough audience!
Just reread it and decided it's worth a laugh.  Nothing to do with it going right over my head the first time. Just assumed it was something about him having a big pen..

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top