Mrs Brown's Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
God no.......never.....well maybe once......

 
Well its f*cking massive over here in Ireland and I happen to know the guy who plays Ms. Brown!! He's a really funny guy and I feel that they shouldn't have made a movie. Everybody watches it over here and nobody dislikes it funny enough!!! I don't really watch it but it has its moments!!

 
I've never seen the attraction at all but member's of my family love it.

As for Miranda, I watched 15 mins once when waiting for another show to start and it's the worst thing I've ever seen. What a load of tripe! As funny as a whoopee cushion.

 
Well its f*cking massive over here in Ireland and I happen to know the guy who plays Ms. Brown!! He's a really funny guy and I feel that they shouldn't have made a movie. Everybody watches it over here and nobody dislikes it funny enough!!! I don't really watch it but it has its moments!!
Not everyone watches it. I don't know many that do

 
Just been talking with a 100% Irish friend, who absolutely loves it!  Weird, I have always thought the Irish woujd hate it!

 
Just been talking with a 100% Irish friend, who absolutely loves it! Weird, I have always thought the Irish woujd hate it!
I sure many Irish people love it but I'm certainly not one of them. I know it has a big following in Australia with the amount of Irish over in aus

 
Well I am irish and find it embarrassingly cringeworthy. It is cheap stereotypical laughs. I actually think for some strange reason it is more popular in the uk than in ireland. Remember it is commissioned by the bbc not rte (the irish national broadcaster). Fair f**ks to brendan o'carroll he hadn't a pot to piss in was broke and then got his massive success story with mrs. Browne. But while it has its moments it's not really for me.

 
It's like most things, some love it, some hate it, others just nothing it. The latter is my position, does nothing for me or against me.

Good luck to Brendan O'Carroll though an all round good guy.

 
Anybody who finds this sh!t remotely funny must be paralysed from the neck up.

 
Anybody who finds this sh!t remotely funny must be paralysed from the neck up.
No accounting for people's different tastes in humour, obviously many people like it or it would not be the hit it is. I can take it or leave it, some bits are funny but it's mostly crap. Don't go out of my way to watch it but if I'm flicking through the channels and it's on I might watch it.

One of its problems is that it would not be seen to be 'cool' to like MBB, unlike back in the day when Monty Python was doing the rounds. It seemed that you just had to find MP hilarious or as you state you must be paralysed from the neck up. In truth some of MP was brilliant but a lot of it was pure sh*t.

There I said it, a lot of MP was sh*t.

Now stand back for the MP brigade assault.

 
Oh Dear Goose.

Expect a visit from Doug & Dinsdale (aka The Piranha Brothers)!!

 
Even Dinsdale was afraid of Doug.

I'd better stop now or I'll be quoting Monty Python all day.

 
No accounting for people's different tastes in humour, obviously many people like it or it would not be the hit it is. I can take it or leave it, some bits are funny but it's mostly crap. Don't go out of my way to watch it but if I'm flicking through the channels and it's on I might watch it.

One of its problems is that it would not be seen to be 'cool' to like MBB, unlike back in the day when Monty Python was doing the rounds. It seemed that you just had to find MP hilarious or as you state you must be paralysed from the neck up. In truth some of MP was brilliant but a lot of it was pure sh*t.

There I said it, a lot of MP was sh*t.

Now stand back for the MP brigade assault.
Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition.

 
It's a man dress as a women who frequently swears. That's the nature of the comedy. If people think that's hilarious then I honestly think they are a bit simple. Now a real comedy for me has to be Peep Show. That's the best thing on TV in the last 20 years!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top