Need New TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomW

Your City, Your Stadium, Our Cup
Messages
796
Reaction score
10
I finally finished watching The Pacific after getting it on DVD 7 months ago which is just over 1 episode per month. And now I (accidently pressed ctrl+i which does this) need a TV show to watch. I've heard that Breaking Bad is awesome so might try that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I finally finished watching The Pacific after getting it on DVD 7 months ago which is just over 1 episode per month. And now I (accidently pressed ctrl+i which does this) need a TV show to watch. I've heard that Breaking Bad is awesome so might try that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
"Breaking Bad" is my favorite show, but I won't lie that it starts out very slow. However, by the end of the second season, it gets unbelievably addicting. I never had a problem with it being "too boring", but I know that some friends of mine started the show, only to never finish it. There are 4 seasons already out, and the 5th season (which is 16 episodes split into two 8 episode half-seasons) is about 4 episodes in. I can't recommend it enough, and I'm a very recent convert (watched every episode in the last year).

Check out the "Cult Tv Series" thread in this forum, there is a pretty hefty discussion in there about a variety of different shows.



 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some good ones.

Breaking Bad

Sons of Anarchy

The Shadow Line (only 7 episodes)

Firefly

Dexter

True Blood

The Walking Dead

Game of Thrones

The Wire

Oz

Deadwood

The Shield

And if you'd like an animated one with short episodes you can try Archer which is very funny.

 
Game of Thrones

Heroes

Misfits

Peep Show (not porn)

I also hear theres a really funny programme called 'Thursday nights on Channel 5' set in Tottenham which is meant to be a parody of the Champions League.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Game Of Thrones

The Wire

Generation Kill

Treme

Firefly

Once you've finished them, rewatch them.

 
Firefly <3

Got it on blu-ray recently.

 
Bin the TV and get a blow-up doll much more fun

 
Have to look at Breaking Bad. Lately I've been watching Mad Men. I think it is brilliant. Again a slow moving series you need to give it time to grow on you. About 50's-60's Advertising company in Manhattan.

 
Have to look at Breaking Bad. Lately I've been watching Mad Men. I think it is brilliant. Again a slow moving series you need to give it time to grow on you. About 50's-60's Advertising company in Manhattan.
I always wondered if non-Americans would find that show interesting. That and "Breaking Bad" are earning AMC a lot of money at the moment. "Mad Men" is great, but I will go with "Breaking Bad" over it all the time.

 
Mad Men is on my list. Is it very good?
It is slow paced drama about advertising and people behind it in the 50's-60's. It also carries historically important events happening at the time. I.e. Last episode of season 3 JFK was shot.

Basically manly men in big office talk sh*t and drink whiskey. I love it :smile:

One thing I love about it is the episodes are not so structured. They don't start the same way and end the same way. The story just goes forward.

 
Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire (why am I the first to mention this?) are both my current 'must see' shows.

 
It is slow paced drama about advertising and people behind it in the 50's-60's. It also carries historically important events happening at the time. I.e. Last episode of season 3 JFK was shot.

Basically manly men in big office talk sh*t and drink whiskey. I love it :smile:

One thing I love about it is the episodes are not so structured. They don't start the same way and end the same way. The story just goes forward.
Wow. Could have warned us before spoiling it :biggrin:

 
Dexter - awesome

Prison Break, epic season 1 at least.

True Blood, very good.

Game of Thrones, very good if you like fantasy.

Supernatural, very good as well and a lot of sarcastic stuff going on.

The Walking Dead - very good if you are into zombies and wasteland.

Generation Kill - short but awesome

How I met your mother, Big bang theory if you want a laugh.

 
"It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" is ridiculously hilarious.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top