Need New TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished watching "Death Note" a couple of days ago. It was great, even if the 2nd half of it wasn't perhaps as good as the first.

Rewatching "Archer" again. Hilarious.

And of course I'm following "Sons of Anarchy". Love it.
YES.

Recently started season 3. Season 2 was absolutely amazing.

 
A question to every Doctor Who fans out there. I've never seen an episode but is a bit curious about the show and might start watching it. Do I have to watch all the old episodes or can I just start with the newer ones?

 
I actually was unaware the US hasn't remade "Doctor Who" yet, so at least our know-nothing tv executives are showing some restraint. I get so mad that NBC is basically forcing "30 Rock", "Community", and "Parks and Recreation" off the air to make way for a bunch of awful-looking shows.

I have always enjoyed the British "Office", but recently someone posting on her caused me to reconsider whether or not it was superior to the American version that followed. After recently rewatching the American version, I'm not so sure anymore. I forgot how damn good that show was in season 2 and 3. The episode where Michael burns his foot on the George Foreman grill might be my favorite. "Doctor, what is more serious, a foot injury or a head injury?"

 
Couldn't stand our The Office so never watched the other one.

Re: Doctor Who, you can probably start at the beginning of this series, but to make more sense of it you might want to start at the beginning of the New Series 5, when Matt Smith took over.

 
I have always enjoyed the British "Office", but recently someone posting on her caused me to reconsider whether or not it was superior to the American version that followed. After recently rewatching the American version, I'm not so sure anymore. I forgot how damn good that show was in season 2 and 3. The episode where Michael burns his foot on the George Foreman grill might be my favorite. "Doctor, what is more serious, a foot injury or a head injury?"
Com'm acey, come to the dark side :Troll_Face: I've seen both and the American is far superior in my opinion. Yes they got a lot of their ideas from it (assistance to the regional manager) but Steve Carell just took it to that extra level.

Rainn Wilson and Mackenzie Crook should also take a lot of credit for making both shows what they were (seeing as the American one is ending, past tense is acceptable :sad: ) but as a lead character, for me, Michael is head and shoulders above David.

Then you got characters like Meredith and Creed in the American one :laugh2: Pam is so much better than Dawn too. Dwight.... just... :laugh2:

Okay, obsession over... got carried away :rolleyes:

 
I think Moos should start right at the beginning with William Hartnell and move through all the incarnations. That'll keep him out of mischief for a wee while...

 
I'm a massive Sherlock Holmes fan, I own the 'Complete Sherlock Holmes', have read it several times, etc. That's out of the way.

Now, has anyone heard of that new series, Elementary? I've yet to watch the first episode but apparently Lucy Liu will play Doctor Watson. A female Watson! Dear god, the BBC one is decent enough but I have a feeling this will turn out to be terrible. Jonny Lee Miller is Holmes interestingly enough.

 
Prison break, band of brothers (watched it 3 times now) Southland, 24, the wire, sons of anarchy, Homeland season 2 is a slow burner...

 
The Newsroom is one of the best new shows I've seen this year, started rewatching it this week, absolutely fantastic.

 
Did enjoyed watching prime suspect USA,it`s had what i like in a good drama...gritty with a splash of humor....why cancel it?

C`mon Yankees make some more.

Harry`s law is pretty good as well.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top