Nerds needed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've lost me know. I'm not a geek, I don't know if it will connect to the mother ship.
duva9u2u.jpg


 
Ha ha. If its a fairly new machine you should be ok.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha, no im not. Im sure you could bamboozle us with terminology about something I know nothing about. Like women.

 
If your going to do that make sure your motherboard can connect it first, though I think they can connect to SATA 2 MB`s also.
SATA is backwards compatible, so no problem even if the mobo has an older version of SATA ports.

 
Hi nerds/geeks/dorks.

I need a bit of help. My PC has one TB of memory but i would like some more. Where can i get another memory card for a good price?

Thanks
If you buy an external one Uno it is just a case of plug into USB socket then click and save, installing a new Harddrive internally will take on a bit more work. Most people who install a new internal HD do so when replacing an old or faulty one. Not many people install 2 internal side by side as it doesnt make much sense to do so. Also it would be worth noting that if you opted for an internal replacement, you would then need someone to replace your Operating System on it aswell. My suggestion is a USB harddrive, you can pick up a 1TB one for around 50 pounds if you shop around. Now lets get to the point of you having more than a TB of porn. Thats some collection my man, you must have a massive arm.

 
That's great advice, thank you very much.

I'm married now so the only tits I get to see now are on my 42" LG tv lol

 
SATA is backwards compatible, so no problem even if the mobo has an older version of SATA ports.
Is SATA 3 (or 6 or whatever they hell they are calling it) backwards to SATA 1?

 
If you buy an external one Uno it is just a case of plug into USB socket then click and save, installing a new Harddrive internally will take on a bit more work. Most people who install a new internal HD do so when replacing an old or faulty one. Not many people install 2 internal side by side as it doesnt make much sense to do so. Also it would be worth noting that if you opted for an internal replacement, you would then need someone to replace your Operating System on it aswell. My suggestion is a USB harddrive, you can pick up a 1TB one for around 50 pounds if you shop around. Now lets get to the point of you having more than a TB of porn. Thats some collection my man, you must have a massive arm.
Why doesn't it make sense to install 2 internal hard drives side by side? I would say it makes less sense to have an external drive if it's only going to be used by one computer as it just means extra clutter. 

I get that for someone who doesn't feel confident installing a hard drive, it might make more sense to have an external one, but I don't think it's true in general. Although everyone should have NAS anyway. 

Uno - that one looks fine.

 
I do dislike clutter but i wouldnt know how to set up a new hard drive. Do you just plug it in and away you go?

I wasnt that fussed until DKW sold me on the my personal cloud thing. That does sound very useful as i dont alway use my computer, i use my ipad more.

I have been looking at external drives with the personal cloud thing but i cant find one that has good reviews. I found a really nice one at a good price (it was a seagate or something like that) but the reviews werent very good.

 
Is SATA 3 (or 6 or whatever they hell they are calling it) backwards to SATA 1?
Yes, a SATA III hdd would work on a SATA I port, but of course only with 150 MB/s speed. However you should check what capacity hdds that old mobo supports, because the most of the older ones that had SATA I ports could manage max 1 TB.

 
I have no idea what you are talking about.
You really don't need to. If your mate who recommended the SATA drive is the same one who built the PC then it's highly unlikely that he'd recommend something unsuitable and I'd be inclined to trust his advice. Installing a new SATA drive alongside your current one isn't hard and definitely does not require reinstalling your operating system or anything like that.

That said, if I was you I'd probably go along with dkw's suggestion to get a NAS ("personal cloud") drive since you can access all your films/music/porn from any of your devices over wifi, which sounds like what you want. Don't be put off by the talk of opening ports etc, that's only if you want to access it from outside the local network and you can sort that out later (if you want to).

 
I asked my mate and he said it has SATA 3 and can fit 3 3.5" cards.

He also pointed out that my internet speed is crap at best so uploading films to a device would be painfully slow.

 
I asked my mate and he said it has SATA 3 and can fit 3 3.5" cards.

He also pointed out that my internet speed is crap at best so uploading films to a device would be painfully slow.
If your doing everything at home the internet speed has no effect, its the speed of your router that would dictate that. You arent actually connecting to the net if you use your NAS drive at home, its all local network stuff.

 
What about if i want to watch a film thats on the memory device when im not at home?

 
What about if i want to watch a film thats on the memory device when im not at home?
Then it will definitely slow things down if your connection speed is sh*t. what speed are you on by the way? Unless its below 2mb it should really have too much impact.

 
I have a max download speed of 4mb upload isnt even 1mb.

 
Yeah, that aint brilliant but it would be ok. 2mb is minimum for streaming, if its HD though you might struggle. but most porn is low definition I`ve been told by people....

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top