Neymar

IliyaKrostin

First Team Regular
Messages
4,938
Reaction score
1,769
So, there are rumours on Neymar leaving PSG (like every season) and Chelsea rumoured to be after him as Todd Boehly want to make a big impact. 

He could become one of the best footballers in Barcelona days, personally I would not take him for many reasons. He's not even dominating the League 1, Premier League is a different life.

He would 31, too many injuries, don't see him as a professional football player. 

One positive thing about him is that he looked very good under Tuchel. 

65 Games, 52 Goals, 25 Assits ( under Tuchel )

 
I wouldn't touch him with the money and wages he commands. If we had him for free and his wages were less than astronomical why not. But it would never happen. 

At his peak he is amazing player but not for us. No. 

 
I'm surprised he's already hit 30, I must have not been paying attention.

Tbh I have no idea how he played for Tuchel, or how TT is able to handle prima donnas. But there are too many question marks for my liking: fitness, dressing room presence, wages, possibly disruptive entourage, settling into London and the PL, and not forgetting haircuts. We already have Mount for the frequent changes in hairstyles  :rolleyes:

 
No, way too much baggage.

Dembele or Dybala would be better purchases.

 
High wages, 30 and injury prone it’s a massive risk to take, he’s a fantastic footballer but I don’t know if it’s somebody you’d take to try and build a team. I won’t lie I’d be excited to see what he would do for us but I think there are better options given the baggage

 
Absolutely NO on every level in th PL, plus he’d be wasted in our Slowwwwwww play

 
Firstly PSG are open to a sale which means they want him gone in the nicest way. They've told him, yet he wants to remain. No club is linked or believed to have enquired as things stand at the moment. 

The thing about Neymar is there's always been this feeling with him about wasted potential. At 25 when he was the best player in the world he chose to move to ligue 1 when he was at the pinnacle of world football. 

Yet he is only the third player in history to score 100 professional goals for 3 different clubs (Santos, Barca and PSG). On his day the only player close to his natural talent to ever play for us would be Hazard. 

I've watched the Neymar documentary and what strikes me is how he feels misunderstood to the world. Those that know him vs those that don't.

He's actually quite a chilled guy and I'd say a good father from what I've seen. When it comes to football and superstardom I think these two personalities are at odds, you have this guy who is so talented, but when people talk about him it's very rarely a conversation about his footballing ability, usually its his attitude, behaviour and negative public image. 

I read a quote from him which basically said he lives both as a footballer and a guy who likes to party because its important to enjoy one's life and not only focus on work. There was  more to it than that but I'm just summarising. 

I'll say one thing whether it would work out or not if we did go in for him is one thing, but I think its important to note just how high of a level he is compared to our other players in the attacking areas. The one thing Tuchel doesn't have compared to the other 'super coaches' is a superstar attack minded player/ forward. 

Pep has KDB, Silva, Mahrez and Sterling, Klopp has Mané, Salah, Jota and now Diaz. Anceolotti has Benzema,  Vini Jr plus ankle plate free Eden Hazard now and Bale. Poch whether he deserves to be mentioned or not with the other coaches has Messi, Mbappe and Neymar. Conte has Kane and Son. Nagelsmann has Lewandowski, Sane, Muller, Gnabry and Coman. Simeone had an ageing Suarez, Felix and Griezmann which is probably the weakest I've mentioned so far, but still some big names.

Who does TT have that's truly elite? I like all of our attackers but Mount isn't really a forward despite his impressive numbers this season, none of our players are truly elite attackers (yet) and until we have those levels of difference makers it will be very difficult to win the league. That doesn't mean Neymar is the answer, but looking at the gap between his ability and what we have gives us a good basis to judge the kind of level of attacker we need to start seeing an improvement in our attack. 

It's not just a goalscorer we need, but also an elite playmaker. It would be great if that could come all packaged in one individual.

 
Firstly PSG are open to a sale which means they want him gone in the nicest way. They've told him, yet he wants to remain. No club is linked or believed to have enquired as things stand at the moment. 

The thing about Neymar is there's always been this feeling with him about wasted potential. At 25 when he was the best player in the world he chose to move to ligue 1 when he was at the pinnacle of world football. 

Yet he is only the third player in history to score 100 professional goals for 3 different clubs (Santos, Barca and PSG). On his day the only player close to his natural talent to ever play for us would be Hazard. 

I've watched the Neymar documentary and what strikes me is how he feels misunderstood to the world. Those that know him vs those that don't.

He's actually quite a chilled guy and I'd say a good father from what I've seen. When it comes to football and superstardom I think these two personalities are at odds, you have this guy who is so talented, but when people talk about him it's very rarely a conversation about his footballing ability, usually its his attitude, behaviour and negative public image. 

I read a quote from him which basically said he lives both as a footballer and a guy who likes to party because its important to enjoy one's life and not only focus on work. There was  more to it than that but I'm just summarising. 

I'll say one thing whether it would work out or not if we did go in for him is one thing, but I think its important to note just how high of a level he is compared to our other players in the attacking areas. The one thing Tuchel doesn't have compared to the other 'super coaches' is a superstar attack minded player/ forward. 

Pep has KDB, Silva, Mahrez and Sterling, Klopp has Mané, Salah, Jota and now Diaz. Anceolotti has Benzema,  Vini Jr plus ankle plate free Eden Hazard now and Bale. Poch whether he deserves to be mentioned or not with the other coaches has Messi, Mbappe and Neymar. Conte has Kane and Son. Nagelsmann has Lewandowski, Sane, Muller, Gnabry and Coman. Simeone had an ageing Suarez, Felix and Griezmann which is probably the weakest I've mentioned so far, but still some big names.

Who does TT have that's truly elite? I like all of our attackers but Mount isn't really a forward despite his impressive numbers this season, none of our players are truly elite attackers (yet) and until we have those levels of difference makers it will be very difficult to win the league. That doesn't mean Neymar is the answer, but looking at the gap between his ability and what we have gives us a good basis to judge the kind of level of attacker we need to start seeing an improvement in our attack. 

It's not just a goalscorer we need, but also an elite playmaker. It would be great if that could come all packaged in one individual.
Pep & Klopp didn’t buy these players as stars though, in fact they tend to buy majority of their players around the 21-24yr range. At this age they are still coachable, have the legs to press and can be moulded into the kind of player you want them to be. Klopp is well renowned for polishing turds. Buying ready made stars is never the answer especially in the modern game. 
Wouldn’t touch Neymar even if he was offered for free. The reason no top club is interested is because he is a prima dona. Didn’t Tuchel say it was easier to manage our players because at PSG he wasn’t only managing Neymar, he was managing his entourage also. 100% certain he doesn’t want that circus.

 
His injury record is more worrying than his wages, similar to Dembele

 
Pass . . . not worth the price or the wages.

I'd rather build a young nucleus that will improve into a Man City or Liverpool.  Not spend a bunch of money on aging stars.  

 
Maybe as we are getting Americanised they see it from a commercial point of view? 
Didn't Todd say they want to expand the brand Chelsea. He would def. expand our Brand in Brazil and US. 
Let's just hope we're not going all Man utd. with branding transfers that don't really pay off and that they know what they are doing. 

If this rumour is überhaupt true off course. 

 
A exciting player to watch and super skillful but wrong for the EPL at this time in his career.

I don't think it would go well for him here for a few reasons - I'd rather watch him from a distance,  dazzle for half a match and throw a strop and for the other half.

He also seems to 'injured' around his sisters birthday in March so that ain't great either.

TBH I am not a fan of buying players that clubs are actively trying to get rid of (Saul at Athletico Madrid for example).

There's a reason they want to get rid of them in the first place and most of these transfers repeat this same reason at the new club.

 
I say no to Neymar, no to Sterling, no to Lewandowski and any other teams cast offs.  Find me the next Hazard, De Bruyne and Salah.  We've done it before and it didn't cost a fortune.  Lets do it again, just don't give it away this time.  

 
So, there are rumours on Neymar leaving PSG (like every season) and Chelsea rumoured to be after him as Todd Boehly want to make a big impact. 

He could become one of the best footballers in Barcelona days, personally I would not take him for many reasons. He's not even dominating the League 1, Premier League is a different life.

He would 31, too many injuries, don't see him as a professional football player. 

One positive thing about him is that he looked very good under Tuchel. 

65 Games, 52 Goals, 25 Assits ( under Tuchel )
Never has there been more of an overrated player. Average at best even when he was at barca

 
I say no to Neymar, no to Sterling, no to Lewandowski and any other teams cast offs.  Find me the next Hazard, De Bruyne and Salah.  We've done it before and it didn't cost a fortune.  Lets do it again, just don't give it away this time.  
Well said!

 
This would be a terrible, terrible signing for the club. Do not want his kind.

Overpaid prima donna with little to no talent and a complacency for non stop whinging. 

I'd rather play with 10.

 
Back
Top