Neymar

No Todd no!

It would be a vanity purchase, a short term circus that goes against our long term strategy.

Great footballer, but past his best, injury prone and doesn’t work hard enough off the ball.

A hard pass.

 
We would be crazy to consider buying Permacrocked Neymar for anything more than a thousand dollars and onna salary on 5 thousand a week

 
No Todd no!

It would be a vanity purchase, a short term circus that goes against our long term strategy.

Great footballer, but past his best, injury prone and doesn’t work hard enough off the ball.

A hard pass.
And a massive cheat

 
He is 31! We might as well get Hazard back, at least the new BBQ would get some use!
I 100% would take Hazard back if he was content to play as a backup no. 10.

He does not have the speed to play on the wings the way he once did but even this season in the centre of the park he can be indomitable in tight spaces. He would be a perfect option off the bench in tight games.

 
I 100% would take Hazard back if he was content to play as a backup no. 10.

He does not have the speed to play on the wings the way he once did but even this season in the centre of the park he can be indomitable in tight spaces. He would be a perfect option off the bench in tight games.
Hell No! There is a reason he no offers from any European club, and the only offers he has on the table is from Inter Miami & Saudi Arabia. He is done!

 
Hell No! There is a reason he no offers from any European club, and the only offers he has on the table is from Inter Miami & Saudi Arabia. He is done!
Really is going under the radar just how much, it's mind-blowing this is unironically being considered by anyone and this coming from someone who would jump at almost any critisism of him.

He'd make Sterling look like his prime version.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really is going under the radar just how much, it's mind-blowing this is unironically being considered by anyone and this coming from someone who would jump at almost any critisism of him.

He'd make Sterling look like his prime version.
So Sterling might buy him to look good?

 
He's a diva and his own ultras hate him. 

We haven't even sold Lukaku yet so that spot is taken

 
If - biiiiiig if - the club genuinely consider this and worse even go through with this, I will utterly despondent. But for now I dismiss it as clickbait.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I read in the French media that Neymar would actually want to go to Barcelona, although that scenario is impossible given Barcelona's funds - they can't even register Gundogan.

We all know Boehly is desperate for a superstar signing and my guess is he is a few words away from calling the PSG president and those are Pochettino's words. 

Pochettino has worked with him before and if he can vouch for him, I think Boehly will make it happen.

 
I read in the French media that Neymar would actually want to go to Barcelona, although that scenario is impossible given Barcelona's funds - they can't even register Gundogan.

We all know Boehly is desperate for a superstar signing and my guess is he is a few words away from calling the PSG president and those are Pochettino's words. 

Pochettino has worked with him before and if he can vouch for him, I think Boehly will make it happen.
He is 31, this isn’t 2014. Even if Pochettino wants him you would hope the board veto that move. I would argue the last season he was really motivated is 2017-18, and he has just been phoning it in since then.

I would file it under prima donna wants to feel loved becos he is entering the last 2yrs of his contract. Isn’t he on £850k/w or something ridiculous?

 
This and the Mbappe links and the quick denials from the media in the UK pretty much tell you that PSG is briefing the french media to drive interest.

 
This and the Mbappe links and the quick denials from the media in the UK pretty much tell you that PSG is briefing the french media to drive interest.
Agreed and i think PSG are definitely there for the plundering if there is a player that fits our profile. The loss of income from Mbappe will need to be covered.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not gonna lie, Neymar would have been a fantastic stop gap for a year with Nkunku's injury. 

He absolutely is still world class, regardless of what people say. Don't know why people mention age when he's the same age as Salah. Would play probably 25-30 games in all comps and guarantee you double digits in goals and assists. 

 
He is 31, this isn’t 2014. Even if Pochettino wants him you would hope the board veto that move. I would argue the last season he was really motivated is 2017-18, and he has just been phoning it in since then.

I would file it under prima donna wants to feel loved becos he is entering the last 2yrs of his contract. Isn’t he on £850k/w or something ridiculous?
I agree, I would not want him here either, but Nkunku's injury kind of f**ks up our plans and leaves the no. 10 position up in the air. I think Carney could do the job there, but I guess the board will be looking for a better and more experienced player in that position.

The Vlahovic rumours could well gather pace now as well as he could give Pochettino the option to play a hybrid 4231/442 system with Enzo and Caicedo (should he come here) the two central midfielders, Mudryk and Sterling/Madueke on the wings and Jackson and Vlahovic up front with Jackson coming deep, in between the lines, in the "Bergkamp role" as a 9,5 as I like to call it. Jackson is the type of striker that likes to roam around a lot and link up play.

We'll see.

 
Back
Top