N'golo Kante - We are not worthy!

IliyaKrostin

First Team Regular
Messages
4,938
Reaction score
1,769
Big fan of him, I think he's exactly what we need in our midfield for the next season. He is the first player that I think can reach Makelele's level. 

Rumours that he could be on his way to Chelsea.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/28/footbll-transfer-rumours-ngolo-kante-to-chelsea

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/27/chelsea-make-discreet-transfer-enquiries-ngolo-kante-5778636/

Would you like to see him here next season?

(sorry if there's a thread about him already, couldn't find it)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not too sure tbh. If we are going by this season then wes Morgan and Robert huth would be good signings.

I'd be interested to see if he starts for France in the summer, but I would hold off signing any Leicester player off the back of 1 fantastic season.

 
I read a stat the other day that he has more interceptions than any other midfielder for the last 3 years.

Is that the defining stat for a DM? And does that prove he isn't a one season wonder?

 
One season wonder. I wouldn't want to risk so much money on a player who was unknown before this season and is 25 years old.

 
Is he any better than Ramires was? He had plenty of energy could tackle, break forward with pace and score goals. Kante so far has only one season behind him. Big risk to spend silly kind of money on a player who could flop once he leaves for big money... How many times have we seen that?

 
Big fan of him, I think he's exactly what we need in our midfield for the next season. He is the first player that I think can reach Makelele's level. 

Rumours that he could be on his way to Chelsea.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/28/footbll-transfer-rumours-ngolo-kante-to-chelsea

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/27/chelsea-make-discreet-transfer-enquiries-ngolo-kante-5778636/

Would you like to see him here next season?

(sorry if there's a thread about him already, couldn't find it)
Yes please! He has been fantastic for Leicester, they would be nowhere near the top without him.

 
He's everything we wanted Ramires to be.

100% sign him. Ignoring his obvious defensive attributes, his passing is fantastic.

 
Is he any better than Ramires was? He had plenty of energy could tackle, break forward with pace and score goals. Kante so far has only one season behind him. Big risk to spend silly kind of money on a player who could flop once he leaves for big money... How many times have we seen that?
He is 100x he player Ramires was, Ramires was complete trash. Also I do wish fans would stop acting like the club's accountant. 

The fact that people are turning their nose up at Kante just shows some won't be happy unless it's someone like Pogba or Greizmann we're signing.

 
Everytime i have watched him this season i think he has been excellent. I would take him in a second, i don't think he is a one season wonder at all. I'm not sure we can get him from Leicester though, they will want to keep him for the Champions League next season.

 
He is 100x he player Ramires was, Ramires was complete trash. Also I do wish fans would stop acting like the club's accountant.

The fact that people are turning their nose up at Kante just shows some won't be happy unless it's someone like Pogba or Greizmann we're signing.
I don't think it's a case of people turning their nosed up at kante, although I can only speak for myself. I just think that it will probably cost us close to £30m for a player that has only shone for 1 season.

I'm not saying he will be a one season wonder, but I'm not certain he will be worth the money it would take to sign him.

He has been outstanding this season though, as has mahrez, vardy, and drinkwater. I can't see any of the 4 wanting to miss out on a champions league campaign with Leicester though tbh.

 
They'd be mad to leave Leicester for us right now. Which shows how far we have dropped with all due respect to Leicester.
I'm not so sure. We could triple their wages which was always an important factor.

 
They'd be mad to leave Leicester for us right now. Which shows how far we have dropped with all due respect to Leicester.
What can leicester offer players long term? they were fighting for relegation last season and to be fair, this season the big boys have been dreadful which has given leicester the best chance of winning the league. don't get me wrong they've had a great season, but i don't see their long term aims being one of challenging for the league because they are not an elite club. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
They'd be mad to leave Leicester for us right now. Which shows how far we have dropped with all due respect to Leicester.
Id like to see them all stay and give the CL a go from a football fan perspective. Imagine Bayern or Madrid having to go to Leicester on a Tuesday night. What a sight

 
I'm not so sure. We could triple their wages which was always an important factor.
I wouldn't want us to have to triple the wages to get players to join us. We need a lot of hard work from the players to get back to the top in the next few years, the last thing we need is players that are only motivated by money.

 
I wouldn't want us to have to triple the wages to get players to join us. We need a lot of hard work from the players to get back to the top in the next few years, the last thing we need is players that are only motivated by money.
We are and have been for years full of them ;)

 
He is twice the player Matic is.

You would imagine a good few clubs will be looking at him so would be a coup to get him if we could.

 
Back
Top