Nottingham Forest vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 11th May 24 17:30GMT

Very important win.

The subs definitely changed our intensity so credit to Poch for that. He made the correct decision and it paid dividends.

Everything else was worrying though. Same old mistakes, lack of focus and ideas.

Caicedo MOTM for me.

Onwards and upwards.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sa1lg.gif


 
I hope every team who get a late "winner" like Manure (the other week) and Notts did yesterday continue to celebrate early... seems to bring out the best in us.

Very dirty team...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
That match changed when Madueke went off. Madueke has played very well recently but was utterly terrible today. Nkunku is still finding his feet but that will come, although I noticed he was holding his knee for quite a while late on. 

Another to badly regress was Badiashile.

The fact that Sterling still has plenty to offer comes as no surprise.

But 3 goals  and a late surge are great. We have a strong squad as the subs show.

 
Hard fought win by the lads. Keeps us in touch for a Europa League spot.

Nice to see Reece James back after an extended absence. It's been too long.

 
Excellent win against a side with it all to play for.

We are a keeper, centre back and a striker away from being a very good side .

Onwards and upwards.

If I had to choose only one position to strengthen it would be a keeper first and foremost 
In light of recent comments from Everton that they need to sell, I would actually go in for Pickford now. Maybe even offer one of ours on loan with very favourable terms to sweeten the deal.

Pickford is a decent shot stopper, decent with his feet and being 30 mature and commanding enough to manage a young defence I front of him now that Silva is going. He could be the experience needed.

 
In light of recent comments from Everton that they need to sell, I would actually go in for Pickford now. Maybe even offer one of ours on loan with very favourable terms to sweeten the deal.

Pickford is a decent shot stopper, decent with his feet and being 30 mature and commanding enough to manage a young defence I front of him now that Silva is going. He could be the experience needed.
Do that and we will be having the same conversations again next season about needing to find a new keeper.  Pickford hss great games, then folloes it up with far too many mistakes. He isn't an improvement on either Petrovic or Kepa. 

 
Do that and we will be having the same conversations again next season about needing to find a new keeper.  Pickford hss great games, then folloes it up with far too many mistakes. He isn't an improvement on either Petrovic or Kepa. 
Disagree. Technically he is significantly better than our existing keepers, imo.

 
Disagree. Technically he is significantly better than our existing keepers, imo.
He's also 2nd in keeping clean sheets behind Raya this season.

He's had 13 in the PL. 

Wouldn't be the worst signing ... and we could certainly do with someone more vocal to organise the defence 🙂 

 
He's also 2nd in keeping clean sheets behind Raya this season.

He's had 13 in the PL. 

Wouldn't be the worst signing ... and we could certainly do with someone more vocal to organise the defence 🙂 
Oblak is rumoured to be going this window.

if we could afford him then he’d be my choice. I’d probably choose Ramsdale over Pickford too.

 
No way, I rate Petrovic much higher than Pickford.
So I'm basing this off of 10 years of senior football. 280 appearances just at Everton. 60 England International appearances, 12 of which were in World Cup finals including 120 mins of the semi final in 2018. That is a reasonable body of work to judge somebody by. Now at 30 years of age he is in his goalkeeping prime. Technical ability with the ball at his feet, solid shot stopper with numerous examples of excellence.  A body of work and experience behind him and a vocal authority to marshall and organise a young inexperienced and sometimes fragile defence.

Petrovic I like. Not the best with his feet and has had some issues at his near post this season. But he has had a minimal amount of senior football and does have potential. 

But I just can see how Petrovic can be rated much higher than Pickford, especially on Petrovic's sample size

 
Mate, if he’s scored 14 goals in his first season, which was a really chaotic season…

If I knew you in person I would happily bet you money on Jackson scoring 20+ goals next season.

 
Mate, if he’s scored 14 goals in his first season, which was a really chaotic season…

If I knew you in person I would happily bet you money on Jackson scoring 20+ goals next season.
I don’t bet, and I enjoy being proven wrong if it benefits the club. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top