Pets' Corner

moi

Welcome back, twin! XXX
Messages
32,538
Reaction score
5,744
When I was lying in the hospital suffering from withdrawal symptoms from The Shed End, it occurred to me that there was a need for a thread devoted to people's pets.  The subject crops up in the Random Chat, in the All-Purpose Rant, and in threads started specifically for individual tales.

I know that Millie and Mike do a lot of work caring for cats, while mad_mac does voluntary work at a dog centre, and loads of others have pets, past and present, who are dear to their hearts.  Like Geezer's monster dogs!

This is/was  my cat Topsy, who shuffled off her mortal coil some years ago now, but who remains a vivid memory.  I have not replaced her because now that I am retired I can't afford vets' bills, nor can I afford to pay to put a cat in kennels when I want to visit my children/grandchildren in the UK.

She appeared on the surface to be a docile little moggie who wouldn't say boo to a goose.  However she ruled me with a rod of iron.  I would feed her her favourite food every day.  At regular intervals however she would look at it, then look up at me, sniffing "I've gone off this! Didn't you know that?  What sort of a mother are you?"  I would reply, "You'd better eat this, Topsy, for there's nothing else."  She would turn away and stalk through to the sitting room.  The same performance would be repeated until such time as I provided an alternative menu which suited her.

[SIZE=17.77777862548828px]She was not a very well-read feline, but she knew enough about books to regard them as a threat.  Hence, if I was lying on the sofa with a book, she would jump up, settle herself down between my and my book in such a way as to make it quite impossible to read the print.[/SIZE]

/monthly_02_2013/post-1767-0-75300800-1361733426_thumb.jpg

 

Attachments

  • Topsy.jpg
    Topsy.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 0
I want to get a little terrior but not sure if it would be a good idea because I have a baby on the way.

 
That's why I can't get one moi ha ha. I'm going to wait till we get a bigger place because I only have a small yard,it wouldn't be fair on the dog.

 
Um yes, that makes sense!  Terriers are smashing dogs though.  I used to have one that was a fox terrier mixed with something else. 

Now I can't work out how to put a picture of Monty on here!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is my dog Jellybean. I adopted her about four years ago. Nobody seems to figure out what mix she is so I just call her a Heinz 57. She's just the sweetest and probably the laziest pooch in the world. Love her to bits.

img20130225wa0001.jpg


img2287ai.jpg


 
We had a big lazy fur-ball called Basil (after Basil Brush because he had a fox's tail) who looked a lot like Topsy. He was a total alpha-cat and used to guard the front of the house to keep all the neighbourhood cats away. He loved being around people though, even strangers.

 
So, how did you upload her photo, because I can't do mine!

 
This is my dog Jellybean. I adopted her about four years ago. Nobody seems to figure out what mix she is so I just call her a Heinz 57. She's just the sweetest and probably the laziest pooch in the world. Love her to bits.

img


img%5D%5B
[/

Your dog looks so chilled out in that pic.
 
And then I am told "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community"

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Few more lines on my big old fella with 3 legs....Was gonna call him Peter but stuck to Thomas as it seemed to suit him.....Now ive had him for a little while weve got more acustomed to each others ways...Ive learned that from whatever caused him to have his leg amputated , has had an effect on his mentality....He is a BIG fellow but kind and gentle....Hes found it hard to play with various toys and seems happy with a little lenght of wire.....At the mo he is still adapting but to stop him pushing me to the edge of my bed i have given him a large built in cupboard with bedding etc for 10 pm till 4 am....then when im up and out he has the run of the home areas i allow him in..Shame hes not allowed out as i can feel he needs to go out and run free for a bit....He wouldnt survive any local TOMS attacks..........Still ,he gets plenty of food n fuss as im in and out for working purposes....After 4 pm he can watch tv in my bedroom till i retire to it to watch tv myself....He keeps low profile around his bedtime....He thinks if he lays still i cant see him to move him to his personal bed area for the night....Probably not the best scenario for him but it has to be better than what iunderstand he went thru.....One day when hes ready, ill get a cat harness and see if he fancies a hobble up the road with me

 
I just tried it on the image you uploaded and it worked just fine.

Guess you should try again. Open this link in a new tab: http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8831/scan0008ye.jpg and then copy the entire URL from your address bar and paste it onto 'Image' underneath the smileys on the editor.

Edit: I can post the image for you if it still won't come up on your end.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried it on the image you uploaded and it worked just fine.

Guess you should try again. Open this link in a new tab: http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8831/scan0008ye.jpg and then copy the entire URL from your address bar and paste it onto 'Image' underneath the smileys on the editor.

Edit: I can post the image for you if it still won't come up on your end.

You are an angel!  If this fails to work again I will kick my computer, so I'd be very grateful if you would post it for me, please!

 
Back
Top