Rangers 2024-2025

Disappointing evening. Hopefully back to winning ways against Ross County. Next game I'll watch will be Chelsea v Man City so that will cheer me up! I hope.

 
Spot on from Allan.

455095758_18323804506196766_2470508011146058297_n.jpg


 
Last edited by a moderator:
They drop into the Europa League. I think the draw for that is at the end of the month.
Tried to have a look at that - not sure I really understand how the new format works but it looks like they're straight into the new league phase along with Man Utd and Spurs

 
Aye right! I reckon that'll be another nightmare  :laugh2:
Yep, another nightmare. If Chelsea do win I might finish off a bottle of whisky.

Tried to have a look at that - not sure I really understand how the new format works but it looks like they're straight into the new league phase along with Man Utd and Spurs
Have to admit I can't understand UEFA's rules. Seem to change every year. I guess going straight into the league means fewer games.

 
Never a foul, never mind a yellow card last night.

Watched the game on bbc Scotland and although Rangers played well in spells and could consider themselves unfortunate to go out. I thought it showed Rangers need a genuine goal scorer.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Never a foul, never mind a yellow card last night.

Watched the game on bbc Scotland and although Rangers played well in spells and could consider themselves unfortunate to go out. I thought it showed Rangers need a genuine goal scorer.
Yes, played well and unfortunate to go out. Agree, Rangers need a genuine goal scorer. Dessers tries and has scored a few goals but the club probably hasn't had a decent out and out goal scorer since Morelos left.

 
Yes, played well and unfortunate to go out. Agree, Rangers need a genuine goal scorer. Dessers tries and has scored a few goals but the club probably hasn't had a decent out and out goal scorer since Morelos left.
I think Dessers is a decent player and Rangers would be better with a good striker along side him. A Kenny Miller type striker.

 
I think Dessers is a decent player and Rangers would be better with a good striker along side him. A Kenny Miller type striker.
Good point. Yes, Dessers would be better alongside a good striker. Hopefully a partnership similar to that of Gudjohnsen and Hasselbaink. Or McCoist and Hateley. Kenny Miller was a great player.

 
Having an online discussion with one of my cousins who is a season ticket holder at Rangers about which players have played for both clubs. We've come up with Derek Johnstone, Nigel Spackman, Gordon Durie, Dave Mitchell, Robert Fleck, Tore Andre Flo, Graham Roberts, Billy Dodds, John Spencer, Brian Laudrup and the late, great Ray Wilkins. Billy Gilmour was on Rangers books but never played for the first team. And going back to Chelsea's first season, Chelsea's first player - and manager - was John Tait Robertson who played for Rangers and won 3 titles with the club.

I'll have to see if there was more.

 
Having an online discussion with one of my cousins who is a season ticket holder at Rangers about which players have played for both clubs. We've come up with Derek Johnstone, Nigel Spackman, Gordon Durie, Dave Mitchell, Robert Fleck, Tore Andre Flo, Graham Roberts, Billy Dodds, John Spencer, Brian Laudrup and the late, great Ray Wilkins. Billy Gilmour was on Rangers books but never played for the first team. And going back to Chelsea's first season, Chelsea's first player - and manager - was John Tait Robertson who played for Rangers and won 3 titles with the club.

I'll have to see if there was more.
Bobby Brown Rangers goalkeeper in the 1940s and 1950s, played for us during the Second World War.

 
Looking good for Rangers. Dessers with the first goal. 4-0 up against Ross County with about 20 minutes to play.


 
Great to see Chelsea copying Rangers when it comes to scoring goals. More of the same please.

 
Big game on Sunday. Alas I'll miss it as will be on the way to Stamford Bridge. Although I'll try and watch some of the game in one of the bars at Chelsea. It's not right that Chelsea and Rangers should play at the same time. There should be a law against that happening.

 
Big game on Sunday. Alas I'll miss it as will be on the way to Stamford Bridge. Although I'll try and watch some of the game in one of the bars at Chelsea. It's not right that Chelsea and Rangers should play at the same time. There should be a law against that happening.
f**king hell Boyne that's some draw Rangers have just got in the Europa League!

Spurs at home then Utd away first 2 games !

 
f**king hell Boyne that's some draw Rangers have just got in the Europa League!

Spurs at home then Utd away first 2 games !
Agree, some draw. Will be a tough test for Rangers. I hope they batter Spurs and United. I think that Spurs players and fans will be in for a big shock when they experience the atmosphere at Ibrox. Would love to be at the game. Perhaps I can persuade one of my cousins to give me his ticket!

 
Back
Top