Rik Mayall Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverCarefree

If she said it's Chelsea or me. Would you miss
Messages
21,634
Reaction score
12,177
Very sad to hear of the passing of Rik Mayall.

I grew up loving The Young Ones, Bottom and Drop Dead Fred. 

Bath-City-Sound-win-rik-mayall.jpg


 
"Why are all the kids crying ... he's dead .....the peoples poet is dead"

I cannot quite believe it one of my teenage heros

RIP Rik

 
Ahhhh I loved Rik Mayall, R.I.P he was a classic

 


Who can forget the classic gas man episode.

 
I also grew up watching Bottom and The Young Ones and have probably watched both of those series more than any other. I also heard there was the possibility of a Bottom reunion some time soon which, apart from the fact he was too young and leaves a wife and kids, makes it all the sadder.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Any man who titled their biography "Bigger Than Hitler, Better Than Christ" was always going to be hugely missed. 

 
Young ones, Kevin turvey, filthy rich and catflap, bad news, the dangerous brothers, bottom, black adder, new statesman. Loved him in every single one of them. Rip one of my favourite comedians.

 
Was just thinking about watching the Bottom Live videos on Youtube again yesterday.

 
I posted this earlier in another thread but I'm gutted. Rik was a hero of mine and I grew up watching Bottom, one of my favourite shows. Not only was there Bottom but Lord Flashheart as well. A brilliant, funny man.

 
Gutted. Loved him in Bottom, and his appearances as Lord Flashheart in Blackadder were awesome.

 
So shocked, he was so far off the wall he was just hanging in mid air.

So many iconic characters.

RIP

 
RIP Rik a great comic talent. My favourite character was as the outrageous MP Alan Bstard in thr New Statesman.

 
Actor and long-time friend Adrian Edmondson said of Rik Mayall: "There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him.

"And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish b*****d."

 
Another comedy genius leaves us too soon...he was great in everything, but captured the sleaze of politics brilliantly in the new statesman....thanks rik for what you did to entertain us all...you will never be forgotten

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently they have announced that "foul play is not suspected"  which often tends to mean that they suspect suicide. I do hope not.  That would be doubly tragic.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top