Server Maintenance - Tomorrow night

We've never used the sidebar, but looking to build in some bits to it for the forum as well as trying to up some revenue to pay for the hosting and licenses at the same time. I'll fill the gap over time.

 
Gotta say - I really like the new side-bar column with the new comments. Well done & hope it stays.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Mod
You can also do what I did if you have adblock installed, just right click the sidebar and block it as an ad.

 
I didn't realise it was that much of an issue.

 
not an issue for me as i view on a wide desktop screen.

 
You can also do what I did if you have adblock installed, just right click the sidebar and block it as an ad.
Done that, thanks. 

I didn't realise it was that much of an issue.
It's an irritation/distraction visually for me.

I also like to be in control of the content I consume. For example the other day one of the new posts was from the non football section and someone discussing the cricket. Now cricket is irrelevant to me but there are many other sports that are not that could also be potentially being discussed that I would not like to see unexpectedly for several reasons.

I also from a forum point of view fail to see what it brings as in my mind it will only surely lead to many posts effectively being ignored if attention is only immediately brought to the most recent posts and they draw a direct reply. It could lead to several posts on the same subject being bypassed that would otherwise be read and potentially replied to in normal circumstances.

 
So what you are really saying is that it is deterring you from using the 'View new content' link where you have it set to display only certain things?

All you need to do is raise the issue buddy, you don't have to threaten to leave. I'd rather lose the sidebar than have people using adblock that will hinder contributions to next years hosting fee's. I'll lose it.

@coco It only displays on desktop, mobile/tablet it's not showing

 
So what you are really saying is that it is deterring you from using the 'View new content' link where you have it set to display only certain things?

All you need to do is raise the issue buddy, you don't have to threaten to leave. I'd rather lose the sidebar than have people using adblock that will hinder contributions to next years hosting fee's. I'll lose it.

@coco It only displays on desktop, mobile/tablet it's not showing
I don't use the "view new content" link, couldn't even tell you where it is. I log in and go to the sections/threads I want to view.

I wasn't threatening to leave. I don't view my presence or lack of it as being of any significance to warrant it being a threat.

Do what's best for the site, i'm not important.

 
Back
Top