Silly Season - Summer Window 24/25

Been linked with a 20mill deal to sign Wngland under 21 keeper James Trafford, formely with Joe Shields at City,from Burnley.

 
I did wonder about him a while ago. But he fell out of favour at Burnley. 

 
I did wonder about him a while ago. But he fell out of favour at Burnley. 
RDZ cares most about his keeper being good on the ball. Why a 38 year old Steele was his number 1 for a while. Trafford is good on the ball.

 
Been linked with a 20mill deal to sign Wngland under 21 keeper James Trafford, formely with Joe Shields at City,from Burnley.


Currently part of the full England squad – the provisional one – probably won’t make it to the Euros – Kompany was a big fan of the lad and played him early on in the season and then he was on the bench for the latter part of his Burnley season.



Only 21. I do like the look of him. I like a tall goalkeeper and the lad is 6ft 6" and he also has the added advantage of growing up a Chelsea fan. He has good reflexes and good distribution - he began his career as an outfield player.  I think he is worth keeping an eye on.



But are we looking for a new young project? Another new young project? We already have one of the best young keepers in the world who is currently out on loan. Gabriel Pawel "Gaga" Slonina – He is a 6ft 4” American kid – 20 – and he is really really good.

 
Can I just say that the way this lot of conducted business rather than being excited I am scared of the transfer window.

 
  • Like
Reactions: OTL
Bergstrom is taller and has many similar attributes to Trafford. If its going to be de Zerbi none of these will fit the bill. The whole department will need changing.

Also where are you getting your information from that Slonina is one of the best prospects in the world. I haven't seen any reports detailing his progress or development from when we last saw him. He was miles off then, has there been serious improvement this season?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bergstrom is taller and has many similar attributes to Trafford. If its going to be de Zerbi none of these will fit the bill. The whole department will need changing.

Also where are you getting your information from that Slonina is one of the best prospects in the world. I haven't seen any reports detailing his progress or development from when we last saw him. He was miles off then, has there been serious improvement this season?
He was the best player in a relegated side. Still only 20, needs a couple more loans.

 
He was the best player in a relegated side. Still only 20, needs a couple more loans.
Still not the most compelling argument that he's one of the best prospects in football. Played 28 games. Team came 3rd from bottom in the Belgian first division. Into the relegation playoffs and it looks like they came bottom of that. I know it's not all about the keep but 66 goals conceded being relegated from the Belgian first division is not going to hit many scouting radars.

 
Still not the most compelling argument that he's one of the best prospects in football. Played 28 games. Team came 3rd from bottom in the Belgian first division. Into the relegation playoffs and it looks like they came bottom of that. I know it's not all about the keep but 66 goals conceded being relegated from the Belgian first division is not going to hit many scouting radars.
Fair point; though to be fair they were not exactly pulling up trees in attack, only scored 29 goals.

I would hope this season was to get him acclimatised to European football, I hope we loan him out to Strasbourg for the next 2 seasons. Viera isn’t big on their currently goalie, and said goalie has demanded a transfer so there is an open role for him.

 
Fair point; though to be fair they were not exactly pulling up trees in attack, only scored 29 goals.

I would hope this season was to get him acclimatised to European football, I hope we loan him out to Strasbourg for the next 2 seasons. Viera isn’t big on their currently goalie, and said goalie has demanded a transfer so there is an open role for him.
Good idea. Although if we get RDZ all of the keepers need to be replaced. I suspect what will happen is that he will turn to Kepa believing the fallacy that he's good with his feet. Sanchez will go and maybe Petrovic on loan. By Christmas RDZ will realise that Kepa is actually poor with the ball under a press, which is how he wants to play.  So we will no doubt then be looking for another keeper that can bait a press and pass. 

 
Thread title is called silly season for a reason. 😂

Still believe the club are only focused on a CB, LB, ST, and now potentially GK. Everything else is just white noise. 

 
Back
Top