Site Maintenance

Mod

A Touchable
Staff member
Messages
19,160
Reaction score
8,768
Around 2PM'ish (GMT) today (21/1) there will be some site maintenance where the site will be temporarily offline (if not totally offline, there will be a forum offline message)

It shouldn't be down too long (a familiar thing that Geezer's wife hears)

When its back up again, I will take the message off the main page.

 
Did anyone else just have a problem getting on, around 7.30pm.

 
Yes its fixed now, did you get the email ;)

If anyone gets any probs, email mod@ then the domain name.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
No, didnt see the email. Just read it now, I already did all that because I`m a computer genius (nerd).......

nerd.jpg


 
Aaaargh there's a fag in that photo! (Yanks calm down - I mean a cigarette). In my last week in UK I was staying with a smoking friend so joined her in sin (so to speak) and am now doing cold turkey. As I look at that p[icture I can imagaine lifting the fag to my mouth and taking a good long drag at it.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mod, I`m having all sorts of problems on here at the moment. Struggled to get on at times last night and this morning. Keep getting SQL errors. Could this be because I`m using Chrome?

 
Na, Chrome is fine. It was probably just settling down from the work yesterday. Keep an eye on it, but should be fine from now.

 
took me ages to be able to get on again, managed to get on just now with Firefox!

 
Yea it would of been more the cache of the ISP which needs to update on your connection.

 
Down for me again on pc typing from my phone now, actually like the mobile version a lot!

 
Andy, go to your tools on the browser, delete cache and cookies and try it again.

 
Done that twice now, still not working for me on pc tried IE, firefox and chrome :(

 
May I make a suggestion?

Open up the command prompt and type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' without the quotes and then try again.

 
Afraid that was just a temporary fix because its back to offline for me again, cleared cache, cookies and flushed dns loads of times now without any luck - whats going on with my browser :(

 
Afraid that was just a temporary fix because its back to offline for me again, cleared cache, cookies and flushed dns loads of times now without any luck - whats going on with my browser :(
In that case, and assuming it's not working in any of your browsers, I'd suggest that it could be your ISPs Domain Name Servers not properly working. The best solution I see, would be to try Google's free DNS servers.

Make sure you back up what you're overwriting at each stage, I don't want to be in big trouble if anything goes wrong, and you'll want to set it back if it doesn't work.

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Try that, and see how it goes.

 
An easier option if you are running Windows.

Open windows/system 32/drivers/etc

Open 'hosts' file with administrator privileges in notepad, add this on the bottom of it

Code:
188.65.113.2 www.theshedend.com
188.65.113.2 theshedend.com
Save it and restart browser.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks both of you, went with Mods fix and it works on the PC now, thanks a lot!

 
Back
Top