So it's Pochettino...and now officially gone!

I don't understand. So poch playing Colwill as lb is different Guardiola playing stones as rb or ankanji as dm because of coaching? 
Of course it is.  Pep is meticulous in his pre match preparation we seemed to stumble into games

The suggestion is that Colwill , like others  who were asked to play in different positions, were  in effect just told on the day of the match   “ oh you are right back today.”Of course players have to play out of position from time to time but they need time and help to get it right

The coaching part is key when you look at who you are up against or what area ( in zonal) is yours to defend , do you have licence to go past half way, who will cover if you will go forward , what’s your position if we gain  a corner ( a CD position is different more often than not) full backs often are the blockers and so on.

 
I’m 70. I worked in investment banking research as I’ve said a few times. It’s an environment similar in some ways, as far as I can tell, to professional team sport. Regularly the older guys who were too expensive were purged. For the last few years I was doing a good job but taking up the space that younger folk, often more talented wanted. When I left I was more or less close to the oldest at my level in the industry but my time was up. I knew better, in my opinion, how to run the business than the actual team running it. So time to part ways. Equally 4 kids, 6 grandkids. I think I have some perspective. 
Well you've finally hit the nail on the head. 

Nothing to do with resistance to change, or youth being more "talented" etc. 

The reason involuntary redundancies are targeted at the 50+ age group, and jobs are moved offshore, is to save money (which usually then ends up in the pockets of the executive "top talent" and the shareholders).

 
I would give more credit to Conor (than above). I agree he is not the most gifted footballer but he is a brilliant character and his work ethic is par none in the league. I think most clubs apart from City would take him. Even Liverpool and Arsenal would have use of him. 

Could we do better than Conor, sure but we already have him. We also shouldn't undermine he is Chelsea boy. That has value as well.
We do indeed have Connor but in 12 months time unless a new contract is signed we won’t have him and in one potentially a £50 million asset in effect becomes worth jack.

It is said he is currently on £50k or thereabouts a week how much would you say he was worth ? Similarly what length contract would you give him?

His management company , Elite, say his demands are horrendous but what does that mean £150k a week of £200k or what?
 

Of course most clubs would be happy to sign him but would he get more at most of those clubs ? For perspective Olise at Palace is said to be on £100k a week and that’s about what he would be paid at most clubs in the PL. Connor is a decent player but sorry I simply don’t see him as a top player 

 
Well you've finally hit the nail on the head. 

Nothing to do with resistance to change, or youth being more "talented" etc. 

The reason involuntary redundancies are targeted at the 50+ age group, and jobs are moved offshore, is to save money (which usually then ends up in the pockets of the executive "top talent" and the shareholders).
Are we planning to move any jobs offshore ?
 

I had to deal with downsizing in a massive organisation , and yes I eventually fell into that number, older staff by and large are far more resistant to radical change. Most throughout their working like had continuity and became comfortable in their circumstances yes things changed but the main blockers were sadly those that had become far happier with the mantra”we have always done it that way” and far too often process or procedural change was greeted with the classic it won’t work so far too often they didn’t even try to do things differently.

Of course that is a massive generalisation and yes most organisations are about improving delivery be it profit or a service but without removing blockers you end up with a NHS situation where you can keep throwing more money at the entity but the only way that things will improve is through change.

 
I don't even think they meant Colwill. Levi played LB at Brighton a couple of times, also at Huddersfield, and also in our youth team. The position is not a huge unknown to him.

I think this is probably about Maatsen at RW (amusingly we won all three games he played there as well LOL)
I think terraloon specifically said Colwill as lb. 

Regarding Maatsen, I personally not big fan of short fb, long term wise you will always look for an upgrade because team will always target you in that area. 

A lot people prefer to sell Chilwell and keep Cucu but having two short lb make even less sense than having one 😂😂😂

 
I think terraloon specifically said Colwill as lb. 

Regarding Maatsen, I personally not big fan of short fb, long term wise you will always look for an upgrade because team will always target you in that area. 

A lot people prefer to sell Chilwell and keep Cucu but having two short lb make even less sense than having one 😂😂😂
Yes, he said  "playing the likes of Colwill in a position he had never occupied even in his academy days" as a negative against Pochettino, which is inaccurate as Colwill has played LB before for Brighton, Huddersfield and our U18.  if you want to bash Poch for playing players where they have ever played before then only Maatsen at RW comes to mind. 

Nothing wrong with a short full back like Maatsen if you have a tall, powerful defence and midfield and several good aerial players across the whole team who can compensate. This is why he's great at Dortmund. They are a team of giants.  We didn't have that luxury this year unfortunately ... 

 
The manager-go-round is happening.

Will Pep be the next manager of Barcelona?  what will that mean for Citeh?

Tuchel replaces Ten Hag? What happens if Ten wins the FA Cup? Do they have to keep Ten Hag?

The Chelsea short-list is very 'short' -  Kieran McKenna or Enzo Maresca?  is my current understanding of the short list. Will it be getting any shorter soon?

 
The manager-go-round is happening.

Will Pep be the next manager of Barcelona?  what will that mean for Citeh?

Tuchel replaces Ten Hag? What happens if Ten wins the FA Cup? Do they have to keep Ten Hag?

The Chelsea short-list is very 'short' -  Kieran McKenna or Enzo Maresca?  is my current understanding of the short list. Will it be getting any shorter soon?
Very unlikely Pep goes back to Barcelona, he was passionate about Catalonian independence and was the most famous supporter outside politics.

He would not want to risk getting caught up in it.

 
The manager-go-round is happening.

Will Pep be the next manager of Barcelona?  what will that mean for Citeh?

Tuchel replaces Ten Hag? What happens if Ten wins the FA Cup? Do they have to keep Ten Hag?

The Chelsea short-list is very 'short' -  Kieran McKenna or Enzo Maresca?  is my current understanding of the short list. Will it be getting any shorter soon?
I thought hansi flick is already confirmed as barca coach 

 
Are we planning to move any jobs offshore ?
 

I had to deal with downsizing in a massive organisation , and yes I eventually fell into that number, older staff by and large are far more resistant to radical change. Most throughout their working like had continuity and became comfortable in their circumstances yes things changed but the main blockers were sadly those that had become far happier with the mantra”we have always done it that way” and far too often process or procedural change was greeted with the classic it won’t work so far too often they didn’t even try to do things differently.

Of course that is a massive generalisation and yes most organisations are about improving delivery be it profit or a service but without removing blockers you end up with a NHS situation where you can keep throwing more money at the entity but the only way that things will improve is through change.
Spot on. It is partly about money but partly about renewal, opportunity and  the enthusiasm of youth. Anyhow back to discussing footie managers. 

 
We do indeed have Connor but in 12 months time unless a new contract is signed we won’t have him and in one potentially a £50 million asset in effect becomes worth jack.

It is said he is currently on £50k or thereabouts a week how much would you say he was worth ? Similarly what length contract would you give him?

His management company , Elite, say his demands are horrendous but what does that mean £150k a week of £200k or what?
 

Of course most clubs would be happy to sign him but would he get more at most of those clubs ? For perspective Olise at Palace is said to be on £100k a week and that’s about what he would be paid at most clubs in the PL. Connor is a decent player but sorry I simply don’t see him as a top player 
Havertz earns £275k a week. Gallagher deserves £150k minimum

 
I thought hansi flick is already confirmed as barca coach 
He is. Xavi quit. Was persuaded to change his mind. Bagged the club's financial situation. Was sacked. What could U.B. possibly have against them?

What's more, Steinberg reporting, seemingly with info, that ETH is gone from MU regardless of the Cup final. 

 
He is. Xavi quit. Was persuaded to change his mind. Bagged the club's financial situation. Was sacked. What could U.B. possibly have against them?

What's more, Steinberg reporting, seemingly with info, that ETH is gone from MU regardless of the Cup final. 
It is crazy that there are so many team that is in bizzare situation right now. 

 
Anyway we need to stop talking about poch. Let's focus on new manager rumor because there are so many interesting/crazy candidates 😂😂😂

 
  • Like
Reactions: mez
Back
Top