Soundtrack for the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Japanese art of Taiko drumming is sensational - these aren't actually Japanese, but I'm posting this one because i saw them live in Scotland last year, and was blown away by the sound


 
Here's another one of theirs. The woman on the picture is the one I saw - she was amazing! had I been that way inclined, I would have fancied her!


 
my favorite is the one Shakira sang. it's Waka Waka rite? cool song..
I don't know why they decided to remake a Cameroonian song for South Africa's World Cup. I know it's the first World Cup in Africa, so in a way it's the World Cup of the whole Africa, but I'm sure they've got great music in South Africa as well. And it's a shame they didn't get an African singer/singers to do the song. Shakira is famous and easy to market, so it's natural they went for a star like her, but it would have been better to have African singers do the song.

 
1276571806124.jpg


This is the only soundtrack I hear! :JC_doubledown:

 
Angelique Kidjo - Move On Up

this was played on BBC just now. same singer, same song but a totally different arrangement


here she is again on BBC video:

LINK

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top