Soundtrack for the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's an oldie, but it's Greek progressive rock:

Aphrodite's Child - The Four Horsemen


 
BlueBeard - to post Youtube links is much easier now. You just copy and paste the whole code into this box, then press Post and the youtube appears as if by magic! I'm off to find a decent french song.

 
Well, in fact I'm starting with Belgium - this is Jacques Brel, singing both in French and Flemish


 
I'm not quite sure where to place this one because ManU Chao has his roots in Spain, was born in France, but sings in several different languages and uses influences from different styles of music from different countries. This one was on featured on the soundtrack of the movie Maradona by Kusturica and Maradona is in the video, so I thought I'd post it anyway:

Manu Chao - La Vida Tombola


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't not have this one for France - I dedicate it to Big G!


 
While from Finland, we have this.....


 
Sorry Maks - this is a better selection...


 
While from Finland, we have this...
If you don't agree with my choices of French music, just say so! No need for this passive aggressive stuff[add a laughing smilie...I can't do it at the moment] Finland isn't in the World Cup and we make some genuinely great music and good music videos[insert a winking smilie].

---edit---

Now you've changed it, but I still don't get what's the point of posting Finnish music here. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude...just wondering. [add a smilie]

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really, Maks, you should realise that I posted Finnish music because I didn't realise Finland wasn't in the World Cup - never assume devious reasons when the obvious one is a moi stupid moment! Here's a song from Meiway from La Cote d'Ivoire


 
Phoenix - Long Distance Call
I accidentally discovered that song yesterday, it's absolutely brilliant.

I'll be boring.

USA: The Gaslight Anthem - The Backseat (superb live version)


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really, Maks, you should realise that I posted Finnish music because I didn't realise Finland wasn't in the World Cup
Finland in the World Cup? That'll be the day. If it happened during my lifetime, it would be a miracle of epic proportions.

And now for something completely different...

Japanese ska:


TOKYO SKA PARADISE ORCHESTRA - The Theme from Lupin the Third

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top