Soundtrack for the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandmother lived in British Honduras as a child - her parents (my great grandparents) had a general store in the capital. Just thought you'd like to know that!

 
My grandmother lived in British Honduras as a child - her parents (my great grandparents) had a general store in the capital. Just thought you'd like to know that!
Nice. Have you ever been there yourself?

---

Rock from Paraguay:

Revolber - Astronauta casero


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Alas no I haven't!

Here's one from Cameroon


 
Last edited by a moderator:
More from Paraguay:

Moon Ska Moneys - Jungla Central


 
From Slovenia (I'm so paranoid now since my Finnish boob that I'm having to check Maks' list before posting anything!)
If only there was a way to post just the youtube links without having them automatically turn into embedded videos, so I could do a recap of all the music that's been posted so far(list the songs under the names of the countries they're from).

 
More from Laibach from Slovenia - they are stupendous - had it not been for you, Maksimov, I'd never have heard of them. Thank you for starting this thread. I had to troll through some hoorendous Eurovision entries to find this!


NOT hoorendous, horrendous, though judging by the lack of clothes of some of the female participants Hoor - endous would be quite appropriate!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
More from Laibach from Slovenia - they are stupendous...
You keep surprising me moi. I never would have guessed Laibach would be your kind of music.

I'm absolutely loving this thread as you can probably tell by the number(see what I did there) of videos I've posted, but I love hearing new music from different countries and although some of the songs won't become my new favorite songs and some of them are the kind of popular music that has been influenced more by foreign music than their own musical heritage, it's still interesting to hear these songs that I probably wouldn't have heard otherwise.

 
I am SO taken with Laibach that I'm going to check them out on Amazon to see if I can buy some CDs! They have quite spoiled me for the other types of music I have been finding.

 
I am SO taken with Laibach that I'm going to check them out on Amazon to see if I can buy some CDs!
Aaaargh! My Sarcasm-O-Meter is working overtime and I still can't figure out are you serious. We need the emoticons back ASAP! Without them it's so hard to tell when people are joking and when they're serious.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
here we have an australian singing a french song with english lyrics about an american motorbike 

Anita Lane - Harley Davidson


 
Last edited by a moderator:
North Korea is a difficult one as they don't seem to have a pop music scene like most countries do. I understand all music releases have to be approved by the government.

Here's a song by a popular North Korean ensemble:

Pochonbo Electronic Ensemble - Heroic Workers' Factory


So now we have at least one song from each of the 32 nations.

 
Some more:

SOUTH KOREA


 
Last edited by a moderator:
German rock group BAP - Kristallnacht


or possibly Kristallnaach which is what it says on the picture, but methinks it should be "nacht".

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Netherlands vs Denmark


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top