NoSeatingInTheShedInMyDay
It's in the blood.
- Messages
- 1,169
- Reaction score
- 20
As the name suggests, I was there when you could go through the turnstiles with a programme in your hand and still have change from your fiver to get the bus home near Brixton. I was 14 then... and it was standing at the Shed End reading that programme one day which led me to accept the challenge from Fulham's biggest fan and most fantastic gentleman, Bill Goodsell, secretary of the West London Referees Society, and to "earn me badge".
Several years have passed since I last reffed but I still recall grown men telling me that I was "not a bad ref for a bird" and the kids telling me "You can't be a ref Miss, you're a girl!".
What hasn't changed is my "blue blood" - from watching Bonetti and Harris, through Walker, Stanley and Wilkins, Dixon, Wise, Zola and now Lamps and JT. It's nice to be amongst other Blues and with a fellow Jam fan in Mad_Mac and MidlandBlue with his Brixton avatar I feel very much at home.
Several years have passed since I last reffed but I still recall grown men telling me that I was "not a bad ref for a bird" and the kids telling me "You can't be a ref Miss, you're a girl!".
What hasn't changed is my "blue blood" - from watching Bonetti and Harris, through Walker, Stanley and Wilkins, Dixon, Wise, Zola and now Lamps and JT. It's nice to be amongst other Blues and with a fellow Jam fan in Mad_Mac and MidlandBlue with his Brixton avatar I feel very much at home.