PMSL at the converstations on here!
Tim, you can call me whatever you like me darlin'.
Tea Bar Boy - thank you. Yep, it was erm... challenging! Though to be fair the worst ones by far weren't the adult male players but the PARENTS of the little kids. Abusive, arrogant, ignorant buggers, some of them. A lot of them, in fact.
You've made me grin with some great memories and shiver too. Way back in my late teens some of my friends were in a team cobbled together from a bunch of young guys who were in the music business or friends of those who were. And of course, like a fool, being a big footie fan and groaningly giving into their pleas for support (thanks Tony Page!), I used to go watch them, occasionally on Hackney Marshes.
I've stood in the snow on the terraces at both the Bridge and Selhurst Park and so I thought I knew what cold was... but there is nothing in the world as cold as Hackney effing marshes at 11am on a Sunday morning in mid-winter!
Btw, who is this Bluebeard fella?