The all in one Secbastia trivia thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am from sarf london, work the rest of it out from my title ! Allright son! I am feeling a bit mullered after all this

 
i am from sarf london, work the rest of it out from my title ! Allright son! I am feeling a bit mullered after all this
And here was me thinking you were from somewhere exotic! And I have no idea what "mullered" is!

 
but i am somwhere exotic geyser, here is a clue .. johnny rep and of course my handle, now i am going out for a light ale son.

 
You've mentioned South of France a bit in previous threads and Bastia play in the French league so I'll take a guess at Corsica.

Some great memories in this thread. I have fond memories of the 4-4 against Sheffield Wednesday and the 4-3 comeback against Bolton. Agree with loz about Nevin. A truely unique footballer and I'm glad to see him back where he belongs with a regular column on the Chelsea website. I still remember his amazing run and the goal that never was against Newcastle in a 5-0 thrashing. Possibly one of the best moments of individial brilliance I have ever witnessed from a Chelsea player.

Talking about the collapse of that mid 80's team I remember a lot of talk at the time about players not getting their promised bonuses from Bates after the Full Members Cup win. It did seem odd that we would then let in 10 goals without reply in the next 2 games.

 
Bastia eufa cup finalists in 78, now sadly not even in the second division. Forza Bastia ! Thanks for lumping it all into one !!:

 
Bastia eufa cup finalists in 78, now sadly not even in the second division. Forza Bastia ! Thanks for lumping it all into one !!:
I seem to remember Jean Tigana building a fine team at Bastia. Wasn't that where Michael Essien started his European career too?

 
Essien was there from 2001 to 2003 i think, Jean Tigana has to my knowledge never been there. They should be back in ligue 2 next season to look forward to the derby against Ajaccio. Nice is always a big game and there has been a load of ag in these games with Nice's ground shut when they last played. I hope Bastia don't go down again because the last time the fans burnt the clus bar down !!

 
Essien was there from 2001 to 2003 i think, Jean Tigana has to my knowledge never been there. They should be back in ligue 2 next season to look forward to the derby against Ajaccio. Nice is always a big game and there has been a load of ag in these games with Nice's ground shut when they last played. I hope Bastia don't go down again because the last time the fans burnt the clus bar down !!
I was wrong about Tigana. It was Monaco that he managed in the 90's. Bastia were a half decent team back then too if my memory serves me correctly.

 
you are rght Forzby, but only one intertoto and a league cup final. Still not bad for a small club with crowds of about 6,000. Their heyday was the mid to late seventies, Dragan Djajic ( a famous yugoslav) and Johnny Rep played for them

 
you are rght Forzby, but only one intertoto and a league cup final. Still not bad for a small club with crowds of about 6,000. Their heyday was the mid to late seventies, Dragan Djajic ( a famous yugoslav) and Johnny Rep played for them
I remember Johnny Rep well from the 1978 World Cup. He was a great player and scored a fair few goals. That Dutch team should have won the World Cup in 78.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top