The Beer Thread

Enjoying a bottle of Courage Imperial Russian Stout. Bottled in 1993 and still tastes good. 10% in strength. I bought a crate of 24 bottles in 1993 and every so often will have a bottle.

 
Think I'll treat myself to a bottle or two. 10.7% in strength. Made by Fullers.

Untitled_design_13.png


Fuller’s Brewery
Untitled_design_13.png
Imperial Stout 500ml Bottle SingleThe beer pours jet black in a snifter glass, with a deep tan head. Rose buds make their presence felt on the aroma, vying for attention with bitter chocolate, cocoa powder, creamy malt, burnt fruit an
 
  • Like
Reactions: OTL
Was at my local beer festival last night. About 100 beers to chose from. Had nine different beers. Back there later today to try some more. At the festival yesterday I met a few people I hadn't seen for a while. Good to have a natter whilst drinking fine beers.

 
  • Like
Reactions: RMH
Was at my local beer festival last night. About 100 beers to chose from. Had nine different beers. Back there later today to try some more. At the festival yesterday I met a few people I hadn't seen for a while. Good to have a natter whilst drinking fine beers.
That number of beers sounds like it should go on for at least a week so that you can taste most of them!

 
That number of beers sounds like it should go on for at least a week so that you can taste most of them!
Indeed. Had a few more last night. The festival finishes today but I won't be able to go as will be going to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford for an airshow. Means I'll miss the Chelsea match which may not be a bad thing.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been to Yorkshire (again) and continue to enjoy Timothy Taylors Landlord. Also Theakston's Best Bitter is an excellent pint.

 
Indeed. Had a few more last night. The festival finishes today but I won't be able to go as will be going to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford for an airshow. Means I'll miss the Chelsea match which may not be a bad thing.
Your liver thanks you.

 
Ive been to Yorkshire (again) and continue to enjoy Timothy Taylors Landlord. Also Theakston's Best Bitter is an excellent pint.
Landlord and Boltmaker are beers I quite enjoy and thankfully are available in one of my local pubs. Theakstons is nice but not one of my preferred ones. Better choices than Samuel Smith’s, in my opinion.

 
Landlord and Boltmaker are beers I quite enjoy and thankfully are available in one of my local pubs. Theakstons is nice but not one of my preferred ones. Better choices than Samuel Smith’s, in my opinion.
Theres a few Timothy Taylors beers Landlord Boltmaker and Golden Best but Landlord is my favourite. The Theakstons i drink when in Masham in North Yorkshire the White Bear(Brewery Bar) its first class and only has to travel a few yards.

 
  • Nice One
Reactions: RMH
Theres a few Timothy Taylors beers Landlord Boltmaker and Golden Best but Landlord is my favourite. The Theakstons i drink when in Masham in North Yorkshire the White Bear(Brewery Bar) its first class and only has to travel a few yards.
That sounds like my type of place and I’m sure that the beer is great there. I don’t think that I’ve tried golden best, but it sounds like my type of beer (I like golden ales and hoppy beers).

 
That sounds like my type of place and I’m sure that the beer is great there. I don’t think that I’ve tried golden best, but it sounds like my type of beer (I like golden ales and hoppy beers).
Timothy Taylors are based in Keighley West Yorkshire ( sorry if im telling you something you already know) and its available from there and across to York which suits my travels. The Golden Best is slightly lower strength and described as a session beer. Taste is very good.

 
  • Like
Reactions: RMH
heres an old one : Courage commemorative bottle for the Queens Silver jubilee 1977. unopened!IMG_20260510_144632.jpg

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Courage is a beer that was seen in many pubs around London but not anymore. Has it closed or something?
My local on the south coast in kent still sell it - Courage Best and Directors but i dont see it much these days. This bottle was passed to me by a family member, bought in Yorkshire many moons ago.

 
  • Like
Reactions: RMH
Courage is a beer that was seen in many pubs around London but not anymore. Has it closed or something?
Was taken over by Wells and Youngs a few years ago. Used to drink Directors back in the day. Courage used to make an Imperial Russian Stout every few years. It came in bottles with the last bottling in 1993. It had an og of 1098 which roughly equates to 9.8%. One of my local pubs sold it. Only two people in the pub drank it. Me and one of my friends. It was a fine beer. A few breweries e.g. Harvey's make an Imperial Russian Stout nowadays.

 
Heres another old one - empty this time but found in the attic of my house a few years ago. It might be from the 1960's but that is only a guess.

The stopper top suggests to me its of that era. The local brewery, Mackeson in Hythe was less than a mile away. IMG20260510142207.jpg

 
Back
Top