The Cricket Thread

The Brit

Legend
Messages
12,712
Reaction score
2,611
We are truly sh*t...glad I didn't bother getting up early to watch our sorry excuse for a team...what a contrast to the England team that played in the last world cup in Australia back in 92

 
I have been watching this all morning we are a crock of sh*te.

Captain puts them in then goes for a duck. Seems Alastair Cook wasn't so bad after all!

 
What is wrong with England ? They are so embarrassing these days and Eoin Morgan is the worst of the lot.

Here is his recent ODI record : 5, 0, 4, 121, 0, 2, 0 and now another 0, that is pathetic.

 
Why would you opt to bat second on a good batting wicket? Apparently we dropped finch on 0 and he goes on to make a ton...if you look at our batting line-up, there is not one player who will strike genuine fear in opposition...Aussies have loads...I know he's a nob but kp's omission is a bit like Jt sitting out footy World Cup in 2010...he showed in big bash he's still our best player, but cos of massive fcuk up by powers that be he's nowhere to be seen...not that I think KP at his best could chase 343 down batting second in oz anyway

 
I have been watching this all morning we are a crock of sh*te.

Captain puts them in then goes for a duck. Seems Alastair Cook wasn't so bad after all!
Morgan has been poor with the bat for ages so swapping like for like really...and as for his captaincy....

 
Absolutely gutted for Taylor, robbed of a world cup century at the MCG in front of 85k by the incompetence of the officials. 

The technology can make up for mistakes, it can't make up for sheer stupidity.

 
I've just deleted a rather epic Chelsea save. It was getting too epic...as in too easy. I'm starting an Everton save, though with uni starting next month I won't get much time to play.

Sod it, I'll make time!

I like to make my saves fun, I've used the editor to get Lamps in on a free, change Kevin de Bruyne's destination from Wolfsburg to Everton (still playing FM14, can't be bothered upgrading) and bring in the young Timo Werner to lead the line.

 
Nice. My Wrexham team were performing like the England cricket team so I gave up and haven't been on since  :blush2:

 
I was at the MCG last night! Absolutely delighted with the way the Aussies played but I was disappointed with the way the match ended though with poor umpiring.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Right decision to get rid of Cook.

Wrong decision to replace him with Morgan...? Maybe, he got that fantastic 100 early on but nothing since the blackmail thing was published, maybe its affecting him? Either way, he's better than Cook.

We were sh*te, I don't mind as much if we were aggressive sh*te though.

Taylor was batting brilliantly at 3 and shouldn't have been dropped down the order. Also we missed another bowler as Ali went all around the park. Looks like Ballance for Bopara was the wrong decision.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
hehe....the game was over by the 20th over of England's innings.
It was really over at half time to be fair, they were never going to chase that.

Dreadful bowling in the last 10 overs. Maybe 1 yorker in whole innings between them.

 
Right decision to get rid of Cook.

Wrong decision to replace him with Morgan...? Maybe, he got that fantastic 100 early on but nothing since the blackmail thing was published, maybe its affecting him? Either way, he's better than Cook.

We were sh*te, I don't mind as much if we were aggressive sh*te though.

Taylor was batting brilliantly at 3 and shouldn't have been dropped down the order. Also we missed another bowler as Ali went all around the park. Looks like Ballance for Bopara was the wrong decision.
Bopara? Can't believe he's anywhere near the England team still..,sums up what we have become...dabbles in a bit of everything, master of nothing

 
Back
Top