The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on holiday when this came out so I got it 21st Nov when I got back. Still playing it.

Love the whole game so many things to do its great. I like how I will be doing one quest then stumble upon a cave I haven't been in yet to find out whats inside! Then back on my quest I go! Haha.

Ace you know what your problem was? Buying a PS3! :P

I often wonder what the game would be like if it was a MMO or just had CO-OP.

 
I got this for christmas and was really looking forward to playing it. My friends have had it for a while and all raved about it. Then i played the game. I was so disappointed. Its slow and quite boring really. I just cant get into it. After a while (i wanted to give it a chaance) i turned it off and put dead island back in.

 
Have you ever played any of the others? To be fair you need to know what type of game it is before you buy it / receive it. Maybe trade it in for Saints Row that might be a faster game for you.

 
i picked up Oblivion and thought that the concept was cool and the game was expansive, but it seemed that you had to gain so much just to get a basic upgrade that I spent most my time doing that, then when it came time to actually fight it was really hard and the swordplay was tedious

 
I just got laid off, so I was thinking about starting this again. However, my new Assassin's Creed just came in the mail, so I figure I'll push Skyrim back some more. Hopefully in a couple weeks when I pick it up again, it's even more patched up.

I can't decide if my character (a mage) is the reason I'm not enjoying it as much. I'm about 20 levels in, not sure if I want to reroll or not.

 
sorry to hear you got laid off, just now after Christmas and New Year??

What industry were you in?

 
That's not good Ace sorry to hear about getting laid off.

I've never been a mage in all the Elder scrolls I've played! I've always like the bows and daggers. The more sneaky approach I guess! I'm loving Skyrim for that sort of class, Maybe give that ago?

Lv 20 shouldn't be to hard to get back!.

I wish you all the luck in getting back into work ASAP mate.

Oh and I got my brother Assassins Creed for Christmas he loved it!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the concern. It was supposed to be a 3-month temporary legal job (I'm an attorney) that got cut down to 1-month out of the blue. Spent the better part of the day putting out job applications, figured I'd have more time to find a steady job but oh well.

 
I just got laid off, so I was thinking about starting this again. However, my new Assassin's Creed just came in the mail, so I figure I'll push Skyrim back some more. Hopefully in a couple weeks when I pick it up again, it's even more patched up.

I can't decide if my character (a mage) is the reason I'm not enjoying it as much. I'm about 20 levels in, not sure if I want to reroll or not.
If you're a mage, take up the dual casting and 'stun when dual casting' destruction perks. Makes you have much more powerful spells and it'll stun enemies everytime you hit them with a dual casted spell. Makes the game much much easier.

Make sure you use armour that boosts mana regeneration and lowers the cost of destruction spells. If you max out enchanting you can make spells free to cast but that requires a bit of grinding.

By the end of the game I was killing the toughest dragons in the game with ease.

 
I havent had chance to play for a few weeks (for obvious reasons) but I`m hopefully gonna get some time on it tonight. Dual casting is pretty cool to be fair, powerful as hell. Anyone know where or when to get decent weapons, as Ive been stuck with the same average axes, swords and bows for bloody ages.

 
Smithing stuff or you just have to wait until it scales up with your level for the better stuff!

 
I bought it after Christmas but I haven't even gotten it out of its plastic wrapping yet. I'm finishing Oblivion GOTY before I move on.

 
Started playing again today and now I remember why I took a break. This game is bloody addicting!

 
I'm halfway through and I'm already bored by it. Yes, the world is huge and beautiful but story is weak and a quests are badly written.

 
So has anyone chanced upon a certain house in Markath that is thought to be occupied by a Daedra? Or done most of the Dark Brotherhood questline? Both are a little creepy to play at night, the house mission especially.

 
If you think that's creepy than you have clearly never played the original Alone in the Dark games ;)

 
So has anyone chanced upon a certain house in Markath that is thought to be occupied by a Daedra? Or done most of the Dark Brotherhood questline? Both are a little creepy to play at night, the house mission especially.
The abandoned house quest? Yeah, scary stuff. Get a good weapon when beating it though.

The Alone in the Dark games were excellent, though the Silent Hill games were scarier for me.

 
If you think that's creepy than you have clearly never played the original Alone in the Dark games ;)
Haha no I haven't played those, but I'm sure they're scarier than Skyrim. But since I wasn't expecting it in Skyrim, it was a tad creepy.

FEAR was one of the scarier games I've played in the last couple of years, and I still remember playing the first Resident Evil when I was about 10 years old and being sufficiently scared by it.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top