The Mourinho Netflix Documentary

just

Legend
Messages
14,802
Reaction score
15,118
Anyone watched it yet?

I watched the first episode and it was eye opening. Looking forward to watching the rest.

 
Not watched it but saw Mourinho and JT are still disappointedly dragging Eva’s name through the mud all these years later.

 
Yeah, I loved it. Pure nostalgia; it genuinely took me back to when I first started supporting the club.

What really stood out, though, is how the evolution of modern football, not just on the pitch but in how a big‑club infrastructure operates, seemed to be the turning point in his decline as a top manager. Real Madrid absolutely broke him. That stint drained his motivation, stripped away the sharpness he once had, and left him looking like a bitter version of himself. From that moment on, he never recaptured the authority or clarity he used to command.

 
I watched the first two episodes before going to Edinburgh for two weeks so no spoilers please! I hope he doesn’t manage any awful clubs…

 
Not watched it but saw Mourinho and JT are still disappointedly dragging Eva’s name through the mud all these years later.
JT as well? I'm surprised by that from him!

It matters far less now than it ever even did back then! It's stupid that something so minor is still talked about, even featured in his documentary. I saw that she posted on X in response.

The way JM spoke to her was diabolical, and to do it publicly pitchside was just acting his ego for the cameras yet again.... at her expense! That money in court should've only come out of one pocket, and it shouldn't have been Roman's or Chelsea's.

 
Very enjoyable. Full of nostalgia and hard to argue with his accomplishments, even if the recent ones are smaller trophies for United, Roma. Interesting to see how his second stint at Madrid pans out.

Arguably some of the most enjoyable days at the club back in the early Roman days.

 
I watched the first two episodes before going to Edinburgh for two weeks so no spoilers please! I hope he doesn’t manage any awful clubs…
Uh-oh

 
JT as well? I'm surprised by that from him!

It matters far less now than it ever even did back then! It's stupid that something so minor is still talked about, even featured in his documentary. I saw that she posted on X in response.

The way JM spoke to her was diabolical, and to do it publicly pitchside was just acting his ego for the cameras yet again.... at her expense! That money in court should've only come out of one pocket, and it shouldn't have been Roman's or Chelsea's.
Fully agree on that last part, and given how it all ended with Mourinho that time, the club ended up backing him until the inevitable. He was wrong from the start and should have been discplined.

Terry's commentary was predictably sycophantic and out of line, and even referred to her as the 'other physio' - she's a doctor who saved your career champ, have a little bit of f**king respect.

Completely classless of Mourinho to essentially re-litigate something that had been decided long before, and for which he continues to fail to take responsibility.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I loved it. Pure nostalgia; it genuinely took me back to when I first started supporting the club.

What really stood out, though, is how the evolution of modern football, not just on the pitch but in how a big‑club infrastructure operates, seemed to be the turning point in his decline as a top manager. Real Madrid absolutely broke him. That stint drained his motivation, stripped away the sharpness he once had, and left him looking like a bitter version of himself. From that moment on, he never recaptured the authority or clarity he used to command.
Nah. This Mourinho was always there, from day 1 at Chelsea. The only thing that changed was the speed at which he would undermine his own authority.

As much as I loved the way that Mourinho stood for the club and the team against media darlings like Benitez, Wenger and Barcelona, his infamous 'siege mentality' and conspiracist mindset was always just a cheap ruse. When it worked it was lauded as genius, and when it didn't work, it provided a convenient excuse to blame someone else for his failings.

The truth is by 2007 he was a magician who had revealed all his tricks. In specific circumstances it is a powerful trick, but that's all. There's nothing sustainable or replicable about it. Now he just burns through the goodwill faster than the results arrive.

 
JT as well? I'm surprised by that from him!

It matters far less now than it ever even did back then! It's stupid that something so minor is still talked about, even featured in his documentary. I saw that she posted on X in response.

The way JM spoke to her was diabolical, and to do it publicly pitchside was just acting his ego for the cameras yet again.... at her expense! That money in court should've only come out of one pocket, and it shouldn't have been Roman's or Chelsea's.
Yeah he was commenting on Instagram posts about it yesterday. Just find it really bizarre to still sound so bitter about it all these years later. I've got a lot of respect for JT, despite the issues he had throughout his career but reading the comments yesterday i couldn't help but feel disappointed in him.

 
Not watched it but saw Mourinho and JT are still disappointedly dragging Eva’s name through the mud all these years later.
Id suggest watching it then, it gets about 2 mins and i wouldn't say there was any mud dragging at all

binged it last weekend, very nostalgic, you see the flaws of the man but you understand why and also what made him so great, and perhaps even why it was so unsustainable over a long period of time.

But for me it's easy, Jose game me something I thought I'd never see in my life and also helped to lay the foundations for much more to come. Lets be honest, up till 2012 the core of the team was Jose's build, so that includes Carlo's double winning squad. And the Conte side that won the title was also the core of Jose's second stint rebuild. And we haven't been able to build a team that can even come close to a title challenge since... so viva madrid

 
Id suggest watching it then, it gets about 2 mins and i wouldn't say there was any mud dragging at all
2 minutes too long. Far more embarrassing that its led to John Terry writing Instagram comments dragging Eva's through the mud again afterwards. If it was going to get mentioned, it should have been a heartfelt apology for trying to ruin a woman's life for doing her job and nothing more.

 
2 minutes too long. Far more embarrassing that its led to John Terry writing Instagram comments dragging Eva's through the mud again afterwards. If it was going to get mentioned, it should have been a heartfelt apology for trying to ruin a woman's life for doing her job and nothing more.
have you watched it yet?

 
Did you not read my first post? i've seen John Terry's waffling though defending the decisions against Eva.
i generally like to inform my opinion on things once I've watched the thing that people are taking about,I guess some people like to draw conclusions from less... up to you

I will say that its a documentary on Jose not a fluff piece, this is how he felt then and probably how he feels now, whether that is right or wrong is not relevant for the documentary. i imagine it was the makers who put it on the table, and if thats how he feels an apology would have been quite fake.

 
i generally like to inform my opinion on things once I've watched the thing that people are taking about,I guess some people like to draw conclusions from less... up to you

I will say that its a documentary on Jose not a fluff piece, this is how he felt then and probably how he feels now, whether that is right or wrong is not relevant for the documentary. i imagine it was the makers who put it on the table, and if thats how he feels an apology would have been quite fake.
I form my opinion on how someone treats other people doing their job and duty of care. If people are happy with someone's livelihood being ruined and continuously mocked years later by the same people then it says more about them... up to you

The fact that an apology would be fake is even more concerning.

 
In the documentary JT relates a situation of when he was in the dressing room being treated by a physio for an injury. Jose comes in and spends time talking and joking with all the other players but walks out having completely ignored JT. Terry rationalises it by saying that Jose was only ever focused on the players that were available and prepared to play. He then says he told the physio to bandage him up and he went out and trained. Cech relates a similar a story about how it was expected to play on through despite not being 100% fit.

 
Nah. This Mourinho was always there, from day 1 at Chelsea. The only thing that changed was the speed at which he would undermine his own authority.

As much as I loved the way that Mourinho stood for the club and the team against media darlings like Benitez, Wenger and Barcelona, his infamous 'siege mentality' and conspiracist mindset was always just a cheap ruse. When it worked it was lauded as genius, and when it didn't work, it provided a convenient excuse to blame someone else for his failings.

The truth is by 2007 he was a magician who had revealed all his tricks. In specific circumstances it is a powerful trick, but that's all. There's nothing sustainable or replicable about it. Now he just burns through the goodwill faster than the results arrive.
Real Madrid was certainly the catalyst for his change.

 
On the whole Eva thing.

Jose was wrong, and JT was wrong to defend him.

I didn't think this was a controversial opinion.

Have the conversation in private later, or blame Hazard for staying down to get treatment if he didn't actually need it. Although watching the doc and seeing the tackle again, it was quite a nasty hit and fall.

 
Back
Top