The Shed End Football Manager 2010 World Cup Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the Fat Ronaldo (pictured above with his infamous female pubic triangle hairdo) I bought him on he cheap(ish) for CHelsea. The media thought I was nuts, pointed out his injury record and asked if it concerned me.'Sod off you rumour hungry vultures!' I shouted 'My physios are the best in the land and if they say he is fit to play then he, and his ladyboys, are welcome at the bridge.'

The buck toothed millionaire comes off the bench in the Community Shield to score twice as I beat Utd 3-0. Opening day of the season I give him the nod ahead of Drogba. 18 minutes later he is carried off - out for 7 weeks. OK Nicolas I will take you off the transfer list, lets put all this 'Not needed at the club' stuff behind us shall we.
in the couple of months I played as aston villa he was a sensation. couldn't run, couldn't finish 90 minutes, needed to sit out the odd game entirely, but amazing despite that. I used him playing behind the lead striker, eidur style.

FAO all of you

I should say that choosing spain is a move of a coward, but of course if you want to play as them that's absolutely fine. we've been thinking about giving people only the weaker 16 sides in the tournament to choose from but perhaps that can happen another time.

all of you will need to patch up, as that is the version I am on.

downloaded training schedules are fine, downloaded tactics are not.

we will find a way of getting around the possible issues with player selection from germany etc.

if a player you want to call up is injured, let me know- I'll see if there is an editor to heal him so he can be selected.

henry remains an appalling excuse for a human being.

 
Training schedules seem pretty simple now or maybe I am missing some farcical FM bug which means that if you choose a schedule where your strikers spend morning and afternoon playing hacky sack they turn into Marco Van Basten.

Does FM2010 still use those forward arrows / backward arrows? Actually I know that it does as I have them in my tactics, I just can't work out what I have configured in player settings to make them appear.

 
It's internationals, you don't use training.

Personally I'd agree with you that choosing Spain would be a cowardly move, but, then again, I'd suggest that choosing teams altogether is the wrong way to go about it.

A random draw would be far and away the best option.

 
It's internationals, you don't use training.Personally I'd agree with you that choosing Spain would be a cowardly move, but, then again, I'd suggest that choosing teams altogether is the wrong way to go about it.

A random draw would be far and away the best option.
It would certainly make it a bit more fun too make the teams random.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Training schedules seem pretty simple now or maybe I am missing some farcical FM bug which means that if you choose a schedule where your strikers spend morning and afternoon playing hacky sack they turn into Marco Van Basten.Does FM2010 still use those forward arrows / backward arrows? Actually I know that it does as I have them in my tactics, I just can't work out what I have configured in player settings to make them appear.
Sorry for the double post but missed yours, when doing your tactics one of the drop down boxes asks you if you want to go back too classic view but if you do so you miss out on the new options like support/attack and roles etc.

 
Training schedules seem pretty simple now or maybe I am missing some farcical FM bug which means that if you choose a schedule where your strikers spend morning and afternoon playing hacky sack they turn into Marco Van Basten.Does FM2010 still use those forward arrows / backward arrows? Actually I know that it does as I have them in my tactics, I just can't work out what I have configured in player settings to make them appear.
Training simplified, though still utterly stupid. No way to train your players to cross without also training them in set pieces..

FM10 has the new, and the classical tactics system. They are exactly the same it's just that the classic requires you to set things up yourself (you'll see arrows etc) and the new gives you options you can pick like "float crosses" or "cut inside" for wingers, and it adjusts the player instructions as fits. It's not true that you miss any new features by using the old system- the new system is just a way of using text and not needing you to look at the old settings to achieve the same thing. New system: you pick: "cut inside" for a winger, old system you pick "cross ball: mixed/rarely, run with ball often: often etc etc.

As for the guy having problems- they've made the system way to difficult to understand to the point where sometimes it's more your understanding of the system than of football that's the problem. It's best to watch a full 45 minutes on full match, see what problems you're having, go to "match analysis" and go through those screens, then post about it.

Also- I would be much in favour of picking say:

Tunisia

Slovakia

Ecuador

USA

Czech Republic

Ivory Coast

Australia

Sweden

etc

and doing a random draw...

 
In that case I choose Sweden so that at least in computer monitor world I can kid myself that I might see an attractive Swedish girl in a state of partial undress - so far have failed to achieve this by perusing IKEA catalogues.

 
I think it's fine to have quality teams i just think it will be good if we done it at random to give everyone a fair chance. It would be a shame if actually no one won the world cup.

But on the other hand it would be great if someone took the likes of USA to glory.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with picking bad teams is guaranteeing that they all make it to the world cup. I think the better teams picked on a random draw. The best way to do it, is how we did it on another forum, where we had someone who wasn't taking part draw them out of a hat on webcam so we could all be sure it was done properly.

 
Do you mean you don't trust Pauly. He isn't actually Italian you know.

 
Do you mean you don't trust Pauly. He isn't actually Italian you know.
Match fixing is still rife in other parts of the world. ;) He's Italian enough for it to be suspicious though. :D

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I so wanted to be a part of this but my mom would go crazy if she catches me playing FM (I was suppsoed to have stopped playing it after my first term examinations). The thing is, once I start playing, I can't stop. :P

I still don't have FM 2010 anyway. :D

Priority number one after my CBSE examinations and all the entrance exams is to get my hands on to Football Manager 2010. ;)

 
The problem with picking bad teams is guaranteeing that they all make it to the world cup. I think the better teams picked on a random draw. The best way to do it, is how we did it on another forum, where we had someone who wasn't taking part draw them out of a hat on webcam so we could all be sure it was done properly.
Well.. we would make the list once qualification is finished. Personally I'd prefer this as it's easy to fluke wins with Brazil etc, but I don't really care: whatever the general wish is.

Webcam draw is fine... however do not be surprised when a giant ball with Brazil written on comes out.

 
Well.. we would make the list once qualification is finished. Personally I'd prefer this as it's easy to fluke wins with Brazil etc, but I don't really care: whatever the general wish is. Webcam draw is fine... however do not be surprised when a giant ball with Brazil written on comes out.
Another reminder for everyone to patch to version 10.01.

So far:

Pauly: Italy

g4: England

Loz: France

BB: Argentina

dkw: Holland

Sheva: Brazil

Egg-Boy: Spain

It's annoying you have to bring 3 keepers now... It will be an off-beat 442 for me. I am struggling with strikers and a RB. Cassano, Gilardino and Pazzini the only tickets confirmed up front yet... Toni.. Iaquinta... Del Piero and other horrible players being considered. Also g4, I would like to log in and press "ask totti/nesta to reconsider international retirement" 18 times. I picked gattuso in my AMC role accidantally earlier... hatrick....

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've never played FM online before - how does it work?

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm just an old man trying to stay young... ;)

 
Pretty straightforward Steve. Whoever is hosting (in this case g4) creates a new game and he then sends everyoe his IP address.

When you load up FM2010 and get to the creen that says 'Start New Game' , 'Load last game' etc there is an option for 'Join network game'

You click that, put in G4's IP address and hey presto (well this is FM so after a few minutes) you are in the game. You basically see exactly the same stuff you see if you are playing a one player game.

 
Except that Fergie's shortlist of Rossi / RVN is replaced by the infamous g4 "chortlist" gathered from forums around the world.

 
chose spain earlier but think it was already taken, anyone got portugal yet? if not i will claim them

 
so when should we get this started? I know my squad.... can just post it if times don't fit

 
I have tried to make the file twice by holidaying to june but both times an error occurs and the game crashes. also we need to sort out the germany issue.

what I'd say to all of you is start to work out who you want in your squads so when you log in you can do it as quickly as possible.

p- once the file is made you can come in and pick your squad at any time I suppose.

one thing I think we should do- when you make your profile please use / include your shed end username in your manager name.

p.s. 0-3, on a net loss. shameful.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top